Create Account

Kelowna Star - Axel Dark issues statement

552 words - Ready for Grading

- Kelowna, BC. -
The regular season has ended and as six of the eight SMJHL teams are preparing their playoffs run and a shot at the Four-Star Cup, two teams spent the day cleaning up their lockers in preparation for the off-season.
One of these teams is the Kelowna Knights, who finished dead last in the SMJHL a good 11 points adrift from the final playoffs spot. Going through a rebuild with very few tools left from their threepeat days the team has dealt with player suspension, and a General Manager firing by the league’s highest authorities that many claim, to this day, was unfair and biased. This led to current new GM, Axel Dark, being appointed with 48 hours left before the trade deadline. A quick trade for a couple draft picks and nothing has been heard since from the Knights as the season trickled to its inevitable end.
Today Axel Dark finally broke the silence and issued a statement regarding the current situation and what is to come:

“This has been a trying season for the Knights as we come back down to earth after multiple successful seasons. Much has been written about our current situation but rest assured that we have a plan. I have spent the remainder of the season evaluating our young players and finding capable, enthusiastic front office personnel to support their development and draw out their potential. We already have players that have stepped up and proven themselves as leaders both on the ice and in the locker-room. These very same players will be surrounded by a fresh batch of hungry rookies as soon as next season as we build our next crop of future SHL draftees.
I know that my appointment was made in controversial circumstances and I want it known that I have nothing but respect for previous management. I want to tell the fans of this great franchise that I will do my best in this position to bring back the Knights to playoffs glory. I only ask them to give me the chance to do so.
Thank You.
Axel Dark
General Manager
Kelowna Knights Knights

Following this statement the team announced the appointing of Austria IIHF GM, Baron von Hecht @CptSquall to the position of Assistant General Manager. Former Seattle Riot GM, Alexander Santos @Samee comes in as the new Head Coach in quite possibly the most controversial naming of this new front office. Mark Galloway @daBenchwarmer joins in as the Head Scout with the mission of discovering fresh talent for both the draft and during the regular seasons as more free agents across the globe decide to hop to the SMJHL as their gateway to the big league. Finally, Pietari Salo @Thunder39 will remain around the team as a special advisor.

Axel Dark declined further comment when asked what drove his decisions in appointing his new front office and promptly left the media room. Needless to say, fan reactions were mixed, with some calling for more a more reputable coach and a more seasoned assistant GM. Some fans expressed excitement at seeing fresh faces lead the team back to greatness in the coming seasons. It was noted that the nomination of Pietari Salo as special advisor to the team was generally seen as a positive from the fans.

(TLDR: CptSquall = CoGM. Samee, benches & Thunder offered to help us out as we get situated and familiarized with STHS)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Squallllllllyyyyyy congrats bro!

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

This team is in good hands. Good luck @Zoone16

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

12-01-2018, 10:03 AMJearim Wrote: This team is in good hands. Good luck @Zoone16

Thanks. Smile

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Knights

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho