Create Account

PT Cap

12-04-2018, 08:10 PMspooked Wrote:
12-04-2018, 07:49 PMSearchBing Wrote: How is it the people who are actives and sit on the SHL all days fault that someone else has to take a week off? Im not saying we should remove the cap, im saying that the available TPE should be lowered so that only the people who does everything can be maxed out.

We can turn the tables around and say that its only 3 tpe youre missing out on if you miss a PT one week if you need to do everything available to hit the cap. why is it a bad move to argue that you should be rewarded for the work you do?
active is a very wide definition. And i get you're bored, but you can find something to do that doesn't involve pushing to make the site worse for everyone.

Im not bored. The site wouldnt get worse for everyone, it would slightly reward the most active who engage in all site activities. Like i posted earlier we could add the tpe available above the cap RN into making ACs 3 tpe instead of 2 or something like that.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 09:02 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

There’s been allot of consessions of late made to cater casual members, and that’s a good thing.. but lets remember that in any sport the more work you put into your game the better your game should be, and that should be the same here. Your player should reflect the time and effort you put into him,,, as Kit said some weeks back I spend allot of time on the site... and yes the time and effort has made Mike Izzy one of the best SHL players in the world who should end up being a future hall of famer... kit’s player as an example is casual and consistent and victor Vorkämpfer’s career reflects that... VV is a decent player with some good moments.. it’s the way it should work. we want everyone’s experience to be fun...but activity and work has to be the way we define skill set in this league... we all didn’t join up to fight for participation trophies.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

12-04-2018, 07:54 PMSearchBing Wrote:
12-04-2018, 02:40 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Why would an active player do all the PTs knowing there is a cap?

The whole idea is to not make the league feel like such a damn grind, and keep semi-actives from falling so far behind that their players are useless.

If i take off work i dont get the salary.

Holiday pay. I get to take 28 days off every year and still get paid the same as working the full year.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

Another great thing about the cap is that it brings the opportunity to skip that PT that you find incredibly shite. I'm sure that most people agree that there's at least one PT every season that you just find boring/dumb/too much work and hey you don't have to do it and you don't lose out!

Player Page
Player Updates

yay

12-04-2018, 08:55 PMNobody Wrote:
12-04-2018, 07:54 PMSearchBing Wrote: If i take off work i dont get the salary.

Holiday pay. I get to take 28 days off every year and still get paid the same as working the full year.

Maybe we should be able to bank our vacation. Any TPE you're over can be half claimed against next seasons cap or something. It's just annoying when you do work you don't need to and there's no way to claim it. (You need to do things in case your milestones suck, and if they don't it's all useless).

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

12-04-2018, 09:00 PMNobody Wrote: Another great thing about the cap is that it brings the opportunity to skip that PT that you find incredibly shite. I'm sure that most people agree that there's at least one PT every season that you just find boring/dumb/too much work and hey you don't have to do it and you don't lose out!

I bet most hockey players has at least one type of training form they dont like too much but they still need to do it to reach their potential. And if they skip it they dont get as good.

Just make a second player

12-04-2018, 09:01 PMTommySalami Wrote:
12-04-2018, 08:55 PMNobody Wrote: Holiday pay. I get to take 28 days off every year and still get paid the same as working the full year.

Maybe we should be able to bank our vacation. Any TPE you're over can be half claimed against next seasons cap or something. It's just annoying when you do work you don't need to and there's no way to claim it. (You need to do things in case your milestones suck, and if they don't it's all useless).

I think a better solution to that could be to see about moving milestones to the next seasons cap. Then you know what you're working with for the season

Player Page
Player Updates

yay

12-04-2018, 09:05 PMNobody Wrote:
12-04-2018, 09:01 PMTommySalami Wrote: Maybe we should be able to bank our vacation. Any TPE you're over can be half claimed against next seasons cap or something. It's just annoying when you do work you don't need to and there's no way to claim it. (You need to do things in case your milestones suck, and if they don't it's all useless).

I think a better solution to that could be to see about moving milestones to the next seasons cap. Then you know what you're working with for the season

I was thinking the exact same thing after I hit post hahaha.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 09:11 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

12-04-2018, 09:05 PMNobody Wrote:
12-04-2018, 09:01 PMTommySalami Wrote: Maybe we should be able to bank our vacation. Any TPE you're over can be half claimed against next seasons cap or something. It's just annoying when you do work you don't need to and there's no way to claim it. (You need to do things in case your milestones suck, and if they don't it's all useless).

I also liked the suggestion about milestones that u get them once you hit certain marks in categories, like 100 points, 200 etc instead of per season, would benefit people whos always just under the edge every season. And have them be uncapped. But i wont ask for too much, i think the first priority should be to reward people for their work and at the same time promote activity.

12-04-2018, 08:39 PMMike Izzy Wrote: There’s been allot of consessions of late made to cater casual members, and that’s a good thing.. but lets remember that in any sport the more work you put into your game the better your game should be, and that should be the same here. Your player should reflect the time and effort you put into him,,, as Kit said some weeks back I spend allot of time on the site... and yes the time and effort has made Mike Izzy one of the best SHL players in the world who should end up being a future hall of famer... kit’s player as an example is casual and consistent and victor Vorkämpfer’s career reflects that... VV is a decent player with some good moments.. it’s the way it should work. we want everyone’s experience to be fun...but activity and work has to be the way we define skill set in this league... we all didn’t join up to fight for participation trophies.

Isn't this an argument for the system as it is?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

12-04-2018, 09:28 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
12-04-2018, 08:39 PMMike Izzy Wrote: There’s been allot of consessions of late made to cater casual members, and that’s a good thing.. but lets remember that in any sport the more work you put into your game the better your game should be, and that should be the same here. Your player should reflect the time and effort you put into him,,, as Kit said some weeks back I spend allot of time on the site... and yes the time and effort has made Mike Izzy one of the best SHL players in the world who should end up being a future hall of famer... kit’s player as an example is casual and consistent and victor Vorkämpfer’s career reflects that... VV is a decent player with some good moments.. it’s the way it should work. we want everyone’s experience to be fun...but activity and work has to be the way we define skill set in this league... we all didn’t join up to fight for participation trophies.

Isn't this an argument for the system as it is?

Tbh I havnt followed this post! I just wanted to give my opinion on keeping the league as competitive as it is.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I think we all should just give ourselves tpe and update ourselves. Would save a lot of time

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

whats the point youre trying to make? yes im more casual so my player isnt as good as those who take all tpe opportunities. I dont think im fighting for participation trophies, im just saying that if we alienate the casual member a lot of members will just quit

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

thank u next

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page