Create Account

Bring player agencies back

It would be really cool two or more SHLers represent players like how Joker used to do. I know this is just wishful thinking and time and energy is probably going elsewhere right now but I really miss when you could have an agent to talk to about things. Someone you could leave contract negotiations to and ask questions about where each of the SHL teams are at currently strength wise and where you might end up. Basically what I'm asking for is like mentors to SMJHL players that also look out for them and their brand. I don't want agents to strong arm GMs, just to add a little to this site in terms of making it feel like we all have actual players. I'm very high and this will probably be ignored but I wish u were back Joker ily warm kisses

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

I had also a own agency and then I did corporate with a bigger agency :D

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

id love to bring back agencies too, but this whole tampering thing is something people are concerned about which makes sense. sucks though, it'd be very interesting to have agencies in place

Can’t anyone do this if they want? Like was thinking what would be needed to make it happen, and unless there’s a rule against it, can you just be an agent and represent and player who is willing?

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

12-02-2018, 05:23 PMKing Wrote: Can’t anyone do this if they want? Like was thinking what would be needed to make it happen, and unless there’s a rule against it, can you just be an agent and represent and player who is willing?
there is in fact a rule in place that bans player agencies

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

12-02-2018, 05:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
12-02-2018, 05:23 PMKing Wrote: Can’t anyone do this if they want? Like was thinking what would be needed to make it happen, and unless there’s a rule against it, can you just be an agent and represent and player who is willing?
there is in fact a rule in place that bans player agencies

The more you know. What happened which ended it?

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

12-02-2018, 05:28 PMKing Wrote:
12-02-2018, 05:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: there is in fact a rule in place that bans player agencies

The more you know. What happened which ended it?
Announcement made a little over 3 years ago by Leafs4Ever himself:

"Effective immediately, agencies will be disbanded and not be used in the SHL/SMJHL. There have been some issues with them in the past and it was decided that they aren't needed anymore."

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=61611

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 06:27 PM by Grapehead.)

Agencies are a neat idea, and do add to the "experience" to some degree, but to me the ability to abuse agencies outweighs the small boost to the experience. The agencies ended up just being tamper farms from what I've heard, and I'd rather nip that and have a few people disappointed about the lack of agencies than to reopen a loophole.

All the benefits it might offer newbies should be stuff covered by the mentors anyhow.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

12-02-2018, 06:26 PMGrapehead Wrote: Agencies are a neat idea, and do add to the "experience" to some degree, but to me the ability to abuse agencies outweighs the small boost to the experience. The agencies ended up just being tamper farms from what I've heard, and I'd rather nip that and have a few people disappointed about the lack of agencies than to reopen a loophole.

All the benefits it might offer newbies should be stuff covered by the mentors anyhow.

Mentor me, Grape.

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

12-02-2018, 07:15 PMNereus Wrote:
12-02-2018, 06:26 PMGrapehead Wrote: Agencies are a neat idea, and do add to the "experience" to some degree, but to me the ability to abuse agencies outweighs the small boost to the experience. The agencies ended up just being tamper farms from what I've heard, and I'd rather nip that and have a few people disappointed about the lack of agencies than to reopen a loophole.

Mentor me, Grape.

[Image: 4az.gif]

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Couldn't you reduce tampering by keeping agents from contacting teams on behalf of clients?

From my understanding the issue was with one of the agents (Gorlab) causing a lot of drama, but that is more of an assumption than anything.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

12-02-2018, 07:43 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Couldn't you reduce tampering by keeping agents from contacting teams on behalf of clients?

From my understanding the issue was with one of the agents (Gorlab) causing a lot of drama, but that is more of an assumption than anything.
What about the part where agents expect to get paid a percentage lol

Let’s say an agent demands a 5m deal for their client and the agent gets 10%

I would rather go around the agent and sign the player to 4.75 and come out winners on both sides without involving an unnecessary agent

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 09:51 PM by daBenchwarmer.)

I looked into this back in S30/S31. There's an absolute ban against them mainly because the agencies would work in favor of their own interests instead of the player's. A good example would be a percentage the agent would take from a player's contract. It'd just be extra expenditure for the team, and the player would be receiving less of their contract.

Idk, I just remember having a quick PM convo with Leafs about this.

A good way to get around the whole tampering idea would be that you cannot be an agent if you have an active player in the SHL. But, when there's a will, there's a way, and someone would find a way around this. Better to keep agencies banned than to risk having like fifteen different tampering cases per season.

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

Sadly sim people usually dont care about money like agents do. It really do suck.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]