Create Account

SMJHL ALL STAR GAME #1
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 09:53 AM by SlashACM.)

Hello all!

It is finally that time. The SMJHL All Star game is here. @artermis and I are very excited to bring you this game after countless hours of inputting player builds, tweaking the penalty settings so that they don't take literally 60 minutes of penalties, and my power being out from friday morning to sunday morning, it is finally here.

GAME BELOW THE WALL OF TEXT- ONLY READ IF YOU WANT TO FEEL WARM INSIDE

I'd like to thank all of you for sticking through this even when it might have gotten buried by other stuff. Thank you for voting. At first I thought no one at all would vote, so ANYONE voting is a win for me, and I really appreciate it. I understand this isn't official SHL anything so sticking with me on this as I learned how to do all this new stuff and set up the competition means a ton to me. Second, thanks for all the supportive comments on the posts about this. Making the players took 5+ hours, filming the games took about 5+ more, editing, don't get me started. But knowing that people are genuinely excited to see this and more importantly see their player on the ice. Your motivation allowed me to know that this would pay off, so it is with great excitement that I present the finished product to you.

Now, to all of you who DIDN'T make the squad, who feel snubbed, who just wanna see their hockey player together with all of your friends, I'm really sorry. I knew from the start that there would be people looked over. In my head putting up to a vote would put some of the blame on the voters, they have the power to put someone in the game or fail to do so. Some people were still upset at me. I know the voting process was rocky, people got in with less votes over some with more votes. But in order to represent some, others have to be snubbed. It's a tough choice that I had to make but I'm happy with these rosters, they're awesome. All I can say is if you REALLY want to be on this next time, campaign! Get your friends to vote you in! I see people do it for awards and mvp, this is no different. I encourage it.

Even though I put a lot of work into this, it is roughhhh. EA gonna EA, their AI is tough to watch sometimes. Hopefully this is still an exciting and entertaining game to watch, even if you're cringing at the stupid NHL AI. The commentary? Oooof. My first time, and boy is it difficult. Remember names, not choking on words, thinking of shit to say during stoppages. Holy fuck. So, Ill give you a choice. First up here we have a commentaryless game. Just the game noise and the crowd. Don't need to hear my (AWFUL) voice mispronounce names and cough because I forgot water. If thats too boring and you want to endure my terrible commentary, I threw that together too, hopefully that is enjoyable as well. 

So without further ado, GAME 1 OF THE SMJHL ALL STAR GAME, YOUNG GUNS ON HOME ICE, ALEISTER CAIN AND CO. DEFENDING AGAINST VISITING LEGENDS AND THEIR TENDY GEORGETTE PEL. 

WITHOUT COMMENTARY:

https://youtu.be/Z1GIp4HCyJ8

WITH MY SHITTY COMMENTARY:

https://youtu.be/2n0JjunjjZw

HOPING FOR MORE? YOU'RE IN LUCK! GAME 2 WILL BE UPLOADED SHORTLY, AS THE YOUNG GUNS TAKE TO THE ROAD AGAINST THE LEGENDS, AS CEDRIC ROBINSON ATTEMPTS TO OUTDUEL ALEKSANDR ALEKSANDROV IN THE CREASE! YOU'LL LAUGH, CRY, AND RAGE AS YOUR SMJHL ALL STARS SCORE AND TAKE PENALTIES IN GAMEEEEE TWOOOOOO! THANKS FOR WATCHING!

(627 words)

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

@CptSquall

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

Awesome job dude! Can't wait to hear the commentary one!

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

The Izzy/Forsberg connection is strong

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]

Commentary is in

Gonna watch later but already excited!

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

nice

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Great job

Damn I thought I was supposed to be in this :(. Still, good work on the project!

That steal and snipe from Eggy

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Wow! Thanks for all the comments!

Nice work man, if only there was a way to import simon sims directly into the NHL series. I love the visuals! Thanks for putting so much time into this.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 02:56 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

1st game was allot of fun! especially seeing the excitement on the faces of our great young talent on the ice. Great learning experience as well as they now know what the bar is on their progression to SHL stardom.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

12-03-2018, 02:50 PMMike Izzy Wrote: 1st game was allot of fun! especially seeing the excitement on the faces of our great young talent on the ice. Great learning experience as well as they now know what the bar is on their progression to SHL stardom.

Izzy scored two goals against me ..

What an honor

12-03-2018, 03:32 PMSlashACM Wrote:
12-03-2018, 02:50 PMMike Izzy Wrote: 1st game was allot of fun! especially seeing the excitement on the faces of our great young talent on the ice. Great learning experience as well as they now know what the bar is on their progression to SHL stardom.

Izzy scored two goals against me ..

What an honor

Cain is going to be a good one!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria