Create Account

Garbanzo Beancast Episode 14: Last Garbanzo Bean Playoffs Edition
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 10:17 PM by ArGarBarGar.)

The Playoffs have begun and I am just late enough to put in my predictions.

Topics include:

Why playoffs take so long?
HO Needs to talk more
PT cap
Apologies to Bonk
SHL on NHL 2004 status
Discussing the Wings/Avs rivalry being rekindled
SMJHL TPE cap (350->500?)
Talking playoff matchups and predictions

Thanks @CptSquall @InciteHysteria and @karey for questions. Shout out to @Bonk for me being mean to him last podcast and being sorry.

Garbanzo Beancast Episode 14

All Past Beancasts

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

"I'd like your elaboration regarding SMJHL Cap increase"
Yeah I got nothing, your points are solid. I think the idea of making playoffs for every SMJHL does wonders in solving the current issues I see in the load/tank cycle. Also, the liklihood is that new members are often on rebuilding SMJHL teams in our current system to experience long off seasons, that does not bode well for activity.

I was only shooting ideas about SMJHL cap increase because it gets boring sitting in the SMJHL without anything to work towards, expansion also solves that by calling players up early

Also I would like to correct something in my podcast regarding CAL/EDM:

Out of the ten times they have faced each other in the playoffs, the winner has gone on to the Challenge Cup Finals 8/10 times and won 7/10, not 7/10 and 6/10. Which is even more amazing than I originally stated.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

I was happy to see this available last night. Made work go by a little faster, always appreciated.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

It's all good

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius