Create Account

Bohne on Montreal

So here we are folks, another disappointing season is finished for the Montreal Militia. The second half of the season was a battle for mediocracy between the bottom four teams in the league. Montreal squeaked into the fourth playoff spot by one point, ahead of Colorado and Anchorage which both had 52 points.

Once into the playoffs the Montreal Militia had high expectations to be able to take out the Colorado Raptors, who had just traded away almost half of their team including most of their veteran players in an attempt to tank to pick up a good draft pick. Unbeknownst to the league, the Raptors would go on a tear in the closing games of the season to grab that playoff spot. The Raptors rookies really came through and carried their weight after management had gutted the team through a series of tough trades. Montreal was overall favorites to win the series, with some experts even thinking that the Militia would sweep the series and have a good opportunity to rest before moving on in the playoffs. The young Raptors team would make quick work of the Montreal Militia winning the series four games to one game.

So, the real question is what happens to the Montreal Militia now?

Derek Bohne recently held an end-of-season press conference in which he gave his reflections on the season, the disappointing loss in the playoffs, and his future with the Montreal militia.

"Well overall, I figured the season had been a much better season for me than my rookie season. I surpassed my goals and total points from my rookie season, and I feel like I've grown tremendously as a player. We were pumped to be going into the playoffs, and I was really excited to be able to beat the Colorado Raptors fair and square the season with no repeats of last seasons shenanigans. But, we all know how that turned out. Congratulations to the Colorado Raptors on moving on to the second round of the playoffs, and wish them the best of luck winning it all. I think it would be absolutely amazing for a rookie squad like this to hoist the Cup."

When asked about his future with the Militia, "well right now everything's kind of up in the air. Might be going through a rebuild but we're not really sure yet. As far as I know, no one is really sure just who is going to be called up and who is going to be staying down with the team for another season. So it's kind of hard to figure out what will be happening at the start of next season based on that fact. I hope to be able to finish out my career in the minors playing for the Militia, management team does decide to go with the rebuild and they need to trade me I can understand that. After all, hockey is a business."

The room bustled with commotion after that was said. The next reporter blatantly asked, are you demanding a trade out of Montreal?

"no! I don't see how you can take that from what I just said. I love the fans, I love the city, I love my coaches, and I love my teammates. I am truly thrilled to finish out my career here, like I just said. Hockey is a business and there are trades that happen. Look at Colorado. I don't plan on being in another team's locker room next season, I do think that I will be finishing my career in Montreal. The coaching staff has made it clear to me that I am a very big part of their plans moving forward. Now I know the next question, I will answer it before you ask it. I am not going to ask the Minnesota Chiefs, my SHL team, to call me up for next season. When they drafted me that it was up to me when I would make my jump to the majors, and I don't think I'm ready yet."

The room quieted down and some order was restored. Bohne continued, "so with all that said, I fully plan on being in Montreal next season. I'm hopeful we have enough veteran players left, and we are able to draft some of the great talent in this next draft, that we are able to put together a winning product to hopefully win the cup next season. I'm sorry everyone, but this is all the time that I have for today. To my fans, my team, and my management, I apologize for only scoring three power-play goals in the playoffs. I should have done more to carry my weight, and I will work extra hard this offseason to make sure that I'm better and ready for next season. Thank you folks, and go Militia!"

With that, Bohne nodded his head and walked off the stage with his head hung. Clearly there will be speculation over if he will be here next season, or if he'll be up with the Minnesota Chiefs. It almost feels like this press conference created more questions than it did answers. Hopefully more information develops soon.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Good luck next season bud! Was great playing with ya. See ya up in the bigs whenever it happens

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Just to make it clear, your going nowhere. If we are in last place it would still take a blow us away offer to even start conversations. That said. Next season is looking promising brother. ?

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

Great season man it's tough that as a team we weren't able to find that right chemistry but next year will be lots of fun!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.