Create Account

Fixing the Enforcer: A meta-analysis

12-05-2018, 04:07 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
12-05-2018, 02:11 PMSlashACM Wrote: I think this stems from a bigger shl problem where there isn't much build variety to begin with. The reason you see so many forwards with checking weakness is that's you make a player that produces in sim. Get scoring, defense, passing, skating and maybe puck handling up there and you're golden. Might just be the nature of the sim but it gets old after a while

How do we fix that? Ninja FHM coming to a sim league near you January 2019 Ninja

pls be real

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

This definitely is a step in the right direction. I still don't think it'll be a very popular archetype but being able to take a Two-Way/Power Forward build, for example Defense/Strength/Scoring as strengths with a Passing weakness, with Fighting and Discipline flipped is interesting. I'm not sure what the difference in penalty rate is between 25 and 62 but if it's not too much of an increase I think that build could turn into a good player who beats the snot out of people with 99 Strength and 90 Fighting.

Nice work.

12-05-2018, 03:31 PMluketd Wrote: I got this one. I type my articles on google docs once I transfer, I click the color box at the top, and click the far bottom right color of Black. The fixes the problem. If teddy finds a way to fix that’s, it would be be great

Ctrl+Shift+V or Right Click -> Paste as Plain Text should paste only the text and none of the formatting.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

12-05-2018, 07:02 PMBeaver Wrote: This definitely is a step in the right direction. I still don't think it'll be a very popular archetype but being able to take a Two-Way/Power Forward build, for example Defense/Strength/Scoring as strengths with a Passing weakness, with Fighting and Discipline flipped is interesting. I'm not sure what the difference in penalty rate is between 25 and 62 but if it's not too much of an increase I think that build could turn into a good player who beats the snot out of people with 99 Strength and 90 Fighting.

Nice work.

12-05-2018, 03:31 PMluketd Wrote: I got this one. I type my articles on google docs once I transfer, I click the color box at the top, and click the far bottom right color of Black. The fixes the problem. If teddy finds a way to fix that’s, it would be be great

Ctrl+Shift+V or Right Click -> Paste as Plain Text should paste only the text and none of the formatting.

Teach me your ways master

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

@"luketd" was an enforcer once

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

12-05-2018, 08:34 PMSlashACM Wrote: @"luketd" was an enforcer once

blooslol

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

12-05-2018, 06:20 PMBaelor Swift Wrote:
12-05-2018, 04:07 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: How do we fix that? Ninja FHM coming to a sim league near you January 2019 Ninja

pls be real

It is, hoping to launch on the 1st!

[Image: nshl.png]

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

"You may as well pick a defensive defenseman and crank up his fighting stat if you want a brawler rather than pick an enforcer, as this offers far more options and versatility to the player’s build."

So what I did with Richard Physt.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

12-06-2018, 11:15 AMCptSquall Wrote: "You may as well pick a defensive defenseman and crank up his fighting stat if you want a brawler rather than pick an enforcer, as this offers far more options and versatility to the player’s build."

That's what PIM leading defenseman Bojo Biscuit did

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

12-06-2018, 12:47 PM.bojo Wrote:
12-06-2018, 11:15 AMCptSquall Wrote: "You may as well pick a defensive defenseman and crank up his fighting stat if you want a brawler rather than pick an enforcer, as this offers far more options and versatility to the player’s build."

That's what PIM leading defenseman Bojo Biscuit did

Good to know whos footsteps I follow in and that they lead to the top.

12-06-2018, 01:04 PMCptSquall Wrote:
12-06-2018, 12:47 PM.bojo Wrote: That's what PIM leading defenseman Bojo Biscuit did

Good to know whos footsteps I follow in and that they lead to the top.

It was completely by accident. I remember early in Bojo's career jokingly bitching at a player who won the turd. But then I won the turd the very next season, and then for a while I was the favorite on everybody's list to win the award every season.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

12-06-2018, 01:16 PM.bojo Wrote:
12-06-2018, 01:04 PMCptSquall Wrote: Good to know whos footsteps I follow in and that they lead to the top.

It was completely by accident. I remember early in Bojo's career jokingly bitching at a player who won the turd. But then I won the turd the very next season, and then for a while I was the favorite on everybody's list to win the award every season.

Its funny you say that because I jokingly picked Physt to win the Turd in S41, figuring i'd have some fun with it...and then I won.

@Gobbles : You’re right. About everything.

The “issue” with enforcers right off the bat is that, in juniors, they’re monsters for getting PIMs and the tend to disrupt the team they’re on. Hell, even a player with 60+ checking can be a goon if they don’t up discipline. A lot of junior GMs strayed away from that.

I actually really like your various classes you made, and it could really help people who want to have that edge, but also don’t want to solely be Rob Ray or Tie Domi (who is a piece of shit)

I’ll bring this up in our Head Office chat, if only just to give something else for someone to yell at TDZ for.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page