Create Account

Weekend Funtime: IIHF

Finland and Russia would be a pretty damn good Gold Medal Game. Finland has consistently been a scrappy underdog in the tournament, and the Russians always seem to ice a pretty good team. Would be a fun match between the European neighbors.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Biased because I play for Latvia, but a Russia - Latvia finals would be reminiscent of the USSR - US matchups during the Cold War. Emotions would probably run high, but that usually fuels the best hockey we'll ever see.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

I think Switzerland should definitely have an IIHF team. Maybe another nation like Japan wouldn't be bad but I think Switzerland should definitely have a team.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

12-09-2018, 03:00 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I can't wait for the IIHF to start, I've been waiting for the day that Austria and Czechoslovakia meet each other in the gold medal game. Here's hoping it happens this season!

Let’s make that happen!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Would love to see the old classic Finland vs Sweden rivalry get going again in the Gold Medal game. Would be fun to see some great players on both countries go head to head, I know the fans would enjoy it.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

I’d like to see the U.S.A. face for against Russia in the gold medal game. This way I could relive my Cold War youth and get into some good old jingoistic patriotism and foreigner bashing, just the way God intended.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

thread closed!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria