Create Account

Weekend Funtime: IIHF

As a fan i'd like to see a small, upcoming nation like Austria or Czechoslovakia topple an established power like Canada or Ireland for gold. Seeing one of the smaller, less often winning, nations take gold is to me, like beating the champ in Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Id like to see Japan and Switzerland get there chance in the IIHF, they seem to make the most sense to me. But if we are feeling frisky then my vote would go for Iceland. That names reeks of cold winter hockey!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

12-06-2018, 11:59 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
12-06-2018, 11:31 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: As a huge homer fan i’d love to see an Austria v Czechia matchup in the gold medal. It seems that Czechoslovakia is much like austria, in that austria got a little bit of a jump start on talent. But they both seem to becoming from the same walks of life.

I agree! a Czechs/Austria match up would bring the most hype and fanfair not to mention allot of general heat to the game!  but If not the czechs then @CptSquall and I would be more then eager to test or squads against them wee lass's in Ireland anchored by the evil @TheDangaZone and @Evok !

Didn't even see this and a minute later mentioned Austria VS Ireland.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

12-07-2018, 12:04 AMCptSquall Wrote:
12-06-2018, 11:59 PMMike Izzy Wrote: I agree! a Czechs/Austria match up would bring the most hype and fanfair not to mention allot of general heat to the game!  but If not the czechs then @CptSquall and I would be more then eager to test or squads against them wee lass's in Ireland anchored by the evil @TheDangaZone and @Evok !

Didn't even see this and a minute later mentioned Austria VS Ireland.

Physty, well play the irish soon in the medal games and win Austria

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Hi, I'm not eligible to claim anything under weekend funtime. 

I just want to throw in my two bits that Switzerland would be an awesome addition, as well as either Poland, Japan, or France! I think the nation that would have the most popularity out of those last three would be Poland!

[Image: N8JhTE5.png]

United States is looking at a retool but with exciting rookies like carter, dekens, mclovin and manius ready to step into the team, they should be ready to do some damage. With cuddles at the helm and in charge of everything, I see this team going places as all the powerful young guns gear up to make a splash in the IIHF. After winning a gold and silver medal, you know that wasnt enough for them as they look to win gold in the show.

United states has been unlucky lately and still has a great team, but a rebirth of the USA locker room has brought about titties, yuds, and fun times for all. We have loved, gone to war, and I expect some medals in the future as the United States grows and gets better with time.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I'd be interested in seeing UK vs Ireland. A rivalry born of history, proximity and recent success, and wouldn't it be something to see the last two nations to win gold clash?

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

I would love to see a USA vs Canada gold medal game. I want to see these pretty boy Europeans go back to winning ice dancing instead of Hockey golds Smile

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

The IIHF needs a Team Parts Unkown. Maybe we don't have many players from this magical place, but it could be a catch-all place for those not wanting to transfer or have their own teams (oh and all the monsters too).

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

I would like to see the IIHF expand to both North Korea, and to South Korea. I think it would be interesting to see the difference in skills between the two countries, and I also think that @Good_Ole_Kimmy would make a great GM of NK.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

I would like to see France and Italy in the IIHF in future because these two countries are very good teams in real life ice hockey. And also these countries are are very popular and I think people will select them.

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 09:16 AM by hhh81.)

I think Canada has the brighter future, if only because they don't have as far to go to reach the top 3 again. Both look to have good management, but SHL is weird with nations like the UK and Ireland being powers.

To that aim, I'd love to see Germany topple Ireland for gold. I don't care if you're defending champs, we'll smack you around and send you back to kiss the Blarney Stone!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

CZECHOSLOVAKIA SHOULD BE 1 2 AND 3 IN THE RANKINGS!

no but really as a proud member of the greatest team in the nation,  I will say we have the brightest future.  The rankings don't do us justice,  we won the WJC 2 years ago, and a majority of that talent has jumped to the big league.  We are going to be good and active for a very long time.

The only thing that goes up faster then our rankings is our love for our players!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

I believe Finland gonna have a strong IIFH this season, but wont be a cup contender. Next Season is going to be the time for Finlands dynasty.

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Personally I'd love to add Switzerland and Japan to the IIHF. Switzerland can provide us with more german, french, italian names for players whereas Japan can provide.... japanese names for players. It's all about providing more creative space for everyone.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]