Create Account

Weekend Funtime: IIHF
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 01:41 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

12-07-2018, 01:25 PMluketd Wrote: 1.
Internaly conversations have begun to surface about the possibility of adding another team or 2 to the IIHF and what it would take to make that happen.. While nothing is imminant, the IIHF is interested in hearing what you have to say on the topic! give us your thoughts on 1 or 2 destinations that you would like to see the IIHF expand to and why?

I dont think we should be expanding soon, maybe at a later date. There are still teams that are in need of players, as we see with everyone getting players from Transfers. I think it would be better if more active players are in the IIHF than the inactive 1k tpe people on the rosters taking up space from the more active players thats just below 1k tpe. Of course thats why we also have the WJC, for people to have something to look forward too, and to also gauge where the young people are.

I think Czechoslovakia and Germany has the brightest Futures moving forwards. Germany got a breath of fresh air with HHH and Kimmy joining the ranks, and they recently aquired some good players in Transfers. Czech also has a very bright future, bringing in some good players from Transfers like Incite and Grapehead, but also homegrown talent such as me, Alaska, Esso, and Marc Bradford. In 3-4 seasons I can see both Germany and Czech in the top 3 in the IIHF.

As a fan what match up would you like to see take place in this seasons gold medal game and why?
Czechoslovakia vs Germany, 2 countries close to eachother would make for a good rivalry. Czechoslovakia and Austria is looking like a good team to match against. Czechs need to tell Izzy to step it down a bit and hold his horses if he thinks that he is the best European team.  He has another thing coming with the Czechs

Hold on! Austria wrote the blue print on how a small country can rise above! We’re not ready to step it down just yet!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I'd be perfectly OK with adding another team or two to the IIHF. We've had a pretty large influx of members the last few seasons and it certainly helps with engagement during the off season to have your player involved in the tournament.

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Quote:3.
As a fan what match up would you like to see take place in this seasons gold medal game and why?

For a very ego answer, I would like to see Norway and the United Kingdom fight it out in the golden medal round. As my previous player was a UK player and as someone from UK myself I like to see them do well. Ulrich plays for Norway, so I would like to see them end up winning the match up.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Instead of adding two countries, why not split Czechia and Slovakia in to separate nations. Given the countries are currently competing in tandem, both nations will already have a decent stock of players belong to each federation. The loss of talent--for both countires, assuming a ~ 50/50 split-- wouldn't set them back too far given the already very low ranking.

I would love a Norway / Canada gold medal game just to see the superior hockey nation take down the shitty French accent nation. Go Norway!

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

As a totally unbiased and impartial fan I would love to see Ireland vs anybody in the final with a massive blow out in favor of the Irish because they're the most fun, most attractive, smartest, most charismatic, and most successful federation.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

I would enjoy seeing a gold medal game between Finland and Norway. I excluded my Country of Canada (who I want in the finals every year regardless of the opponent.)
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 06:23 PM by tweedledunn.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Switzerland, Denmark, Ukraine or Italy added to the IIHF options if we were to expand, they make more sense based on NHL player stats than Ireland or Norway, - and swap to Czech Republic already while you are at it.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

First of all I think Czechoslovakia, should be changed to the Czech Republic because that is what it’s called now. Second other than Switzerland I can’t really think of any other teams that should be added to be honest. This looks like a good group and I’m quite pleased.
Words: 49

I want an Ireland-Russia rematch for the gold medal. A game where SimonT allows Russia to take MORE THAN SIX FUCKING SHOTS. No, I'm not bitter.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

as was already mentioned id love to see Czechoslovakia go to the gold medal game against a well established powerhouse nation such as USA, Canada, etc. i was unaware that Czech had lost steam for a while before i joined so it would be really cool to see the progress of a team with a bunch of great players, new and old.

Team USA has the brighter future moving forward in my opinion. James Dekens wants to be a real force in this league and IIHF is a stepping stone to that goal.

[Image: dEKENS.png]

3 time Four Star Cup Champion S40-S42
S43 Jesster Trophy Nominee Winner

Scored my first SHL goal in just my second SHL game. 2. Manhattan Rage , James Dekens 1 (Mikael Talo 1, Sigurd Hansen 1) at 18:39

I would love to see countries like Switzerland and Iceland get an IIHF team. While Switzerland is a pretty solid team in real life, Iceland's team was the bad guys in Mighty Ducks 2 and I think that should be respected and represented here in the SHL.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

12-07-2018, 06:40 PMNickleback_lover69 Wrote: First of all I think Czechoslovakia, should be changed to the Czech Republic because that is what it’s called now. Second other than Switzerland I can’t really think of any other teams that should be added to be honest. This looks like a good group and I’m quite pleased.
Words: 49

So the big downside to us changing to Czech Republic is that we do actually have a couple Slovakian players and that would make it so they would have to transfer here. When your overall player pool is as small as we are, that would definitely hurt us in the long run.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

12-07-2018, 09:11 PM39alaska39 Wrote: I would love to see countries like Switzerland and Iceland get an IIHF team. While Switzerland is a pretty solid team in real life, Iceland's team was the bad guys in Mighty Ducks 2 and I think that should be respected and represented here in the SHL.

Gunner Stahl was a good dude!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]