Create Account

Seattle GM Presser
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 05:20 PM by JSS.)

not ready for grading

[Image: cut.jpg]

Newly appointed Seattle Riot GM Yanni Katerinakis is open to the public for questions. He is taking questions on stuff like the trades, his plans, etc. The stage is yours.

Riot  Riot  Riot

12-09-2018, 03:05 AMTorbvo Wrote: How do you decide on who is the right draft pick?
Will you make a Detroit --> Seattle prospect pipeline now?
Will Flacko Lagerfield be the greatest Seattle player ever?

1. All depends on how my conversations with the player goes. I like prospects who give answers that have life to them instead of 1 word dull answers so a prospect being lively in DMs is a good sign.

2. I'm not focusing on making any prospect pipelines with SMJHL teams, I'm drafting the best player from any team. If that prospect is from Detroit, that's cool but I'm not focusing on that.

3. I wouldn't bet on it but i'd be nice. I don't think it should be too hard breaking some Riot records but who knows.

12-09-2018, 03:05 AMGobbles Wrote: Hello there, TurkeyTime Media Here with a few questions:

How has it been acclimating to your new role as Seattle GM?
What is your vision for the Seattle Riot in S45?
Over the course of the last week, you have been one of the busiest GMs in the league trade wise, with many players changing to and from your roster. A couple of questions from this:
What made you decide to undergo such a massive roster overhaul?
Have you completed most/all of the moves you wanted to for the Riot this off-season

Thank you in advance for your replies

It's been pretty easy to getting used to being a Riot to be honest, the guys in the discord have been very welcoming and I haven't felt like an outsider one bit. I thought I'd end up being worse but no, it's been fine to be honest.

2. Tank, tank, tank. I'm heading into a reddit draft as one of the worst teams in the SHL. I can only hope that I'm able to snag a franchise player. Outside of that, sign FAs and flip at the deadline, be the 3rd party team in cap situations where a team needs to dump me an inactive with a heavy contract.

3. No, I have lots and lots of trades that I want to do. I am far from done. Seattle will be one of the busiest teams on the phone this season.

12-09-2018, 03:09 PMDangles13 Wrote: Seattle has been rebuilding since the Dark Ages, what can you do to end that?
What do you think caused Seattle's last rebuild to fail and how can you avoid those mistakes?
What does an ideal player look like to you?

1. I'm ending by putting my foot down and starting a real rebuild from scratch. No retools, no trading away future picks for old players and inactives.

2. Well trading picks for players like Lindstrom and Selich when the core of DMS, O'Callaghan and Zajac were still developing wasn't a smart idea as even with some vets, Seattle still couldn't go head to head with teams like Edmonton, Winnipeg, West Kendall etc. Trading a 1st round for Clint Eastwood who went inactive wasn't a smart idea too, that 1st rounder turned out to be Leshaun King so yeah, not smart at all. Daniel Danill busting didn't help either. Pivonka and Hudson busting also didn't help. So bad draft outside of a couple picks was another factor. Seattle also traded away the 2nd overall pick in S41 that could've been Piotr Czerkawski or Reginald MacIntyre who are both on their way to have great players backfired too. Just lots of bad trades, drafts and starting to trade for rentals when Seattle couldn't have competed are the 3 main factors.

3. I don't see an ideal player, I see ideal lines. An ideal line that I see is a forward line of 1 sniper, 1 playmaker and a two way or a power forward.

12-09-2018, 03:09 PMMarley Wrote: First off, congrats on the hiring and best of luck in the role.

1. What are your thoughts on the upcoming draft which will take place in the off-season? Have you done your homework on it yet?
2. Thoughts on prospect Hiro Fujikawa?
3. What is next seasons mission for the Riot?

Cheers, dude.

1.I've started to do my homework on the prospects. I think it's a better than average class for sure. Lots of exciting recreates and first gens.

2.He's a nice prospect, could do some damage in the SHL.

3.Tank and be active on the phone.

12-09-2018, 03:16 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Thoughts on your time spent in Buffalo?
What's your timeline for Seattle looking like?
Is Lagerfield poised for a Richan worthy season?

1. Loved it, Buffalo was a great place and players who refuse to be drafted in Buffalo are missing out.

2. S44-S48/S49 is all tanking, I'd like to start competing come the S50s

3. I'd say so, he is going to logging in tons of minutes on mediocre Riot team so I can definitely see him put up a 40+ point season and win the Richan.

12-09-2018, 03:32 PMStamkosFan Wrote: Why would you leave Detroit for Seattle?

1. I was eager to GM in the SHL and I saw a great opportunity to GM in Seattle and to GM my way and build it from the ground up.

12-09-2018, 04:09 PMTomen Wrote: 1. When do you think will be the first season that Seattle will play in the playoffs again?
2. Thoughts on who is the #1 pick in the S45 draft?
3. Do you think Lagerfield will be able to break some Seattle records once he is done with his career? ( 159 goals by Chris McZehrl, 321 Assists/ 403 Points by Mikko Koskinen)

1. S49/50 is when I can see us start making the playoffs. This is a rebuild, it's going to take lots and lots of time to take off.

2. Andreas Kvalheim, no doubt in my mind.

3. It could happen, the assists record might be hard but the goals and points is do-able forsure.

12-09-2018, 04:30 PMTommySalami Wrote: Clearly you're going to be doing some drafting in the coming seasons. What do you put the most importance on when drafting a player? (Activity, personality, loyalty, past players, other?)

1. All mixed together is a recipe for success for any player however at the 4, I think I rate loyalty the highest. I rather have a 1.2K TPE player play his whole career in Seattle than a 2K TPE player who leaves 5 seasons after drafting him.

[Image: 3.png]

How do you decide on who is the right draft pick?

Will you make a Detroit --> Seattle prospect pipeline now?

Will Flacko Lagerfield be the greatest Seattle player ever?

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 03:08 AM by Gobbles.)

Hello there, TurkeyTime Media Here with a few questions:

How has it been acclimating to your new role as Seattle GM?

What is your vision for the Seattle Riot in S45?

Over the course of the last week, you have been one of the busiest GMs in the league trade wise, with many players changing to and from your roster. A couple of questions from this:

What made you decide to undergo such a massive roster overhaul?

Have you completed most/all of the moves you wanted to for the Riot this off-season?

Thank you in advance for your replies

[Image: N8JhTE5.png]

[Image: John-Chayka.jpg]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Seattle has been rebuilding since the Dark Ages, what can you do to end that?
What do you think caused Seattle's last rebuild to fail and how can you avoid those mistakes?
What does an ideal player look like to you?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

First off, congrats on the hiring and best of luck in the role.

1. What are your thoughts on the upcoming draft which will take place in the off-season? Have you done your homework on it yet?
2. Thoughts on prospect Hiro Fujikawa?
3. What is next seasons mission for the Riot?

Cheers, dude.

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

Thoughts on your time spent in Buffalo?

What's your timeline for Seattle looking like?

Is Lagerfield poised for a Richan worthy season?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Why would you leave Detroit for Seattle?

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

1. When do you think will be the first season that Seattle will play in the playoffs again?

2. Thoughts on who is the #1 pick in the S45 draft?

3. Do you think Lagerfield will be able to break some Seattle records once he is done with his career? ( 159 goals by Chris McZehrl, 321 Assists/ 403 Points by Mikko Koskinen)

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Clearly you're going to be doing some drafting in the comong seasons. What do you put the most importance on when drafting a player? (Activity, personality, loyalty, past players, other?)

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

@"TommySalami" @Tomen @StamkosFan @WannabeFinn @"Marley" @Dangles13 @Gobbles @"Torbvo"

answered, thanks guys

[Image: 3.png]

12-09-2018, 05:19 PMJSS Wrote: @"TommySalami" @Tomen @StamkosFan @WannabeFinn @"Marley" @Dangles13 @Gobbles @"Torbvo"

answered, thanks guys

Use my Chayka pic as your avi, and move to Arizona please

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

You’ve been wheeling and dealing, trading away the team’s stalwarts for valuable prospects. Can you see this continuing?
Are there any prospects in particular you have an eye on?
I know you’ve enjoyed the time in Seattle so far, why so?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Harry Hemmert with The Athletic. How long do you think your current rebuild will take before Seattle can be a contender? How do you define success?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Hi,
What are you looking for in FA’s in the next couple seasons? Almost at their peak or more young guns. Asking for a friend...

As I see we both know this class can easily reach 3 rounds, how are you going to secure the future now in these picks

Are you looking at your player being a pivotoble role in rebuilding and where do you see him fitting into the lineup in the future

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]