Create Account

State of the Raiders

State of the Raiders

It’s not secret the Raiders have struggled to find post-season success over the last few seasons. The franchise has had one playoff appearance since S37, which was a first round exit. The Raiders enter the S45 campaign has the second worst team from last year and are about to take a sizeable blow to their roster, with the following notable players leaving the Raiders this season.

Forwards
Crush Cile - 350+
Kristoff Kovacs, 350+
Richard Metcalf Jr, 350+
Vince Reaper, 350+
Rainbow Dash, 350+

Defence
Craig Finley, 350+
Max Egger, 350+

Meaning the second last place team will be losing nearly its entire top six and its top pair. The Raiders will turn to the draft to begin replenishing their roster.

1st raiders
3rd Knights
4th raiders
4th Militia
7th raiders
8th raiders

Currently the depth chart is as follows

O. Kovacs 350 - Mr. Faceoffs 350 - Choybuck 350
Ozols 161 - Dzelme 260 - McCarty 204
xxxx - Brendorowski 155 - xxxx
Xxxx - xxxx - xxxx

PLD 350 - Montogomery 274
Carey 199 - Speardane 275
xxxx - xxxxx

Cosco 220
Willis 175

The Raiders will be in an interesting position this year. They’re obviously tired of losing and not making the playoffs in a league where 6/8 teams make it, but also are not looking to cut corners. The team is hoping to get young where it can, but also to bring in talent if the price is affordable to push for a playoff spot.

“I don’t really care for tanking. The SMJHL has such high turnover that if you focus on drafting well each year, not cutting corners, and developing well I think you can maintain a certain degree of success.” - King

The Raiders will need to make some tough choices with Kovacs who is in his last season and PLD who likely has two more since he should pas through waivers. One name which isn’t going anywhere though is Mr. Faceoffs.

“I spoke with Face-offs, and he 100% wants to stay in Halifax. I’m not in the business of trading players who want to be here. I’d rather work on building a healthy relationship with our alumni, than moving quality individuals for 3rd-4th round picks. Kovacs and PLD are good friends of mine to, but are in a bit of a different situation so we’re open to moving them for sure.” - King

tldr
  • 1 playoff appearance since S37
  • 7 max players leaving
  • Short a few picks
  • Shopping PLD and Kovacs
  • Not moving @NH4JP

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

raiders

Always home.

[Image: Wally.png]

But what are you gonna do with Bottas?!!!???

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

12-11-2018, 04:39 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: But what are you gonna do with Bottas?!!!???

12-11-2018, 04:39 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: But what are you gonna do with Bottas?!!!???

Flush him down the toilet if they have any sense.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

1 playoff appearance since S37

JFC literally had to check if this was real.

?

12-11-2018, 07:39 PMWally Wrote:

?
?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

12-11-2018, 07:45 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
12-11-2018, 07:39 PMWally Wrote: ?
?

!