Create Account

The Big Slappy Hour #129! Mourning the Death of Fantasy
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 02:52 AM by Slappydoodle.)

[Image: giphy.gif]

Bonk and I lament Avakael’s exit from fantasy on this one. Much other inane babbling goes on as well for what it’s worth.

We were originally going to do a video cast for this one like Xena and Luke but we spent too much time arguing about which one of us got to be Xena. And we couldn’t find a good tapestry to hang behind us. And then we couldn’t figure out what to wear and it just became a whole thing. Oh well, some other time.

Here is The Big Slappy Hour #129!

https://anchor.fm/dashboard/episode/e2qks2

Thanks to Mike Izzy, Cpt.Squall, Avakael, Lukas Lukelson, Flappy and Argar for questions and comments Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Honestly, fantasy league management is a $5m job. That was the other half of the point of all the super organized sheets; the player updaters probably all have to invest more time than me. All the form posts like group threads and results are automatically generated. The groups are automatically generated, after you chuck all the names in. The daily index updates are automatically fetched in an excel sheet (better functionality for it than google docs) and just have to be copied and pasted in. The sheet will generate an updated list of selected players, but most managers choose not to use it (it doesn't do team pips). My biggest time investments were mostly just at the very start and end of the season. Any replacement would have to be just straight slacking off.

We'll talk about a joint podcast in the future. You usually record about middayish my time. It's mostly an issue of privacy, because I refuse to get on VOIP unless I'm the only one home.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Awesome that you two are wrestling fans.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

12-09-2018, 08:23 PMAvakael Wrote: My biggest time investments were mostly just at the very start and end of the season. Any replacement would have to be just straight slacking off.

We'll talk about a joint podcast in the future. You usually record about middayish my time. It's mostly an issue of privacy, because I refuse to get on VOIP unless I'm the only one home.

It needs to be a turnkey operation. I have little faith in others ability, judgment and priorities.

And as for being on, you let us know when you’ll be available and we’ll make it happen

12-09-2018, 11:02 PMCptSquall Wrote: Awesome that you two are wrestling fans.

Lifelong, though neither of us follows it as closely anymore.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 12:32 PM by ArGarBarGar.)

I don't think I will ever be able to pronounce Anrikanen's name correctly at this point.

As far as team vs. individual accomplishments and individual taking precedent: I think the biggest factor in that is without enough context (which is hard to get most of the time) you really can't quantify the impact one single player has on a championship caliber team. Because of this it is easier to look at individual accomplishments, because it is the best indicator that we have to value a player's actual ability to contribute. I don't think that is a generational thing as much based on my experience.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]