Create Account

Halifax Raiders - GM Address
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 05:52 PM by King.)

I'll try and keep this short and sweet.

1. New Brand

The Halifax Raiders have been in the SMJHL since S25. Entering out 20th year anniversary we're excited to reveal an update to our brand. The maritimes are Canada's best kept secret. The scenery is majestic, the population is warm and welcoming, the Maritimes exude class. There's nowhere I would want to GM a team more than in the Maritimes, and particularly Halifax. The Raiders brand can be interpreted in different ways. Vikings are a different form of raider, and the first Viking settlement in North America was in the Maritimes. So we'll be staying close to our original colours, but changing the yellow to a gold, and adding another shade of grey.
  • Will never leave Halifax.
  • Raiders: Pirates -> Vikings.
  • Yellow -> Gold.
  • Added a shade of grey.

[Image: zKPCAgE.png]

[Image: LFVmfOs.png]     [Image: LFVmfOs.png]     [Image: LFVmfOs.png]

[Image: N8wiA7T.png]

Home
[Image: tOf5Tb7.jpg]

Road
[Image: X8x3y0V.jpg]

2. Team mandate

Here I want to stay brief, cause there's other things I want to cover. But first and foremost I see the SMJHL as a developmental league. It's purpose is to produce SHL talent. As long as I'm the GM of the Raiders this will be the goal of this franchise. I think if this is our goal and focus the wins and championships will follow. I want to build this thing to the point where SHL GM's feel extra security when drafting players who've gone through our system because we've built a track record of developing quality SHL talent.

3. First hire

I'm humbled to announce my first informal hiring as GM of the Raiders. Jon Ross (@JR95) will serve as the Senior Advisor for the Halifax Raiders, in the upcoming seasons and beyond. JR is one of the great hockey minds in the SHL. I don't know if there is anyone better at getting the most out of there roster and putting players in a position to succeed. All major decisions in terms of trades and drafting will be run by JR, and he'll be mentoring me as I get my footing as a GM in this league. The city of Halifax and the east coast is very lucky to have him. Once our LR situation is sorted out he'll be invited to join.

4. Applications for Co-GM open

I'm also ready to open applications for Co-GM. What I'm looking for is simple.
  • A warm and welcoming character. The SHL can be overwhelming when you first join. When you add ontop of that the air of negativity which circulates from time to time its wonder how we don't scare away more new members. I want Halifax to eventually be an example of a franchise which is known for being welcome, and accepting of members and making people feel comfortable.
  • Has Simon T. Can test lines weekly. I want every player on our team to be put in positions to excel. So I'll be looking for someone who has access to Simon T and can test sim lines each week to figure out what builds and what line combinations will give our players the best results.

Please PM me or message me on discord with your application.

5. Next steps

I have assessed the team's current state and have a plan going forward. I'll make that clear to the fans shortly. For now there is a minor LR matter to sort out, and then we'll begin reshaping the team.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Congrats man! Love the rebrand

Best of luck man. Wouldn't have wanted anyone else to take over after me and you're gonna kill it.

Also the rebrand is sick nasty.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Good luck, King. I have full confidence you'll take care of the "minor issue".

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Those unis are minty fresh my dude

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Amazing logo and Shirts!

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Dope

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Hang on, the Summer is advisor....CONFLICT...RESIM!!!! Lol. Congrats man. The logo looks sick

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

I want to play for this team when I recreate....

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

What better time than now to change up the design? Best of luck King.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 06:03 PM by bilbo.)

raiders raiders raiders
Edit: pretend it's that cool new boi

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Hooolllleeeeeeee those are some sexy jerseys! Seriously top class!

Wow. What a re brand. Those are menacing with strong striking colours to anchor it. Great job man.

Sorry whalers you have competition now.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Yowza, test lines once a week.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

[Image: 083Bv1v.gif?1]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]