Create Account

S44 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 10:52 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: YLe51hI.png]

Championship week is here as the Winnipeg Jets take on the West Kendall Platoon in the S44 Challenge Cup finals!  The SHL is about to showcase its greatest individual event and you have been hired by the league to ensure that it all runs smoothly! You will be paid in TPE which is earned by completing the assignments below.  Each task will vary in TPE amount. You can earn up to '16' uncapped TPE. Feel free to do more than 16 TPE worth of tasks, but you won't get the credit for anything over that.

[Note: All tasks that are not league-specific can be written/designed for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

Code:
TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Choose one team in the series and talk about the steps they took to make the finals. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

Code:
TASK 2: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a location for the party, a special guest appearance for your fans and a list of 2 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)

Code:
TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)
In 150 words or more write about the top highlight of your season. whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

Code:
TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, 3 TPE)
Question: Before the start of the game little tammy threw 4 reese's peanut butter cups on the ice. 2 of them were skated over and crushed! (Ohhh No!!!)... how many peanut butter cups were NOT skated over?

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM.  Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit... Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 1 TPE for participation, 2 additional TPE for the correct answer]

Code:
TASK 5: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Make a graphic matching up a "Player To Watch" on each team in the finals. Must include their renders, player names, team logos, and a player statistics for each.

Code:
TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
In an effort to improve the product, the league has asked an outside source to look over the playoff lineups and determine which teams could have performed better.. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

Code:
TASK 7: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The SHL has teamed up with the United Postal Service to create a commemorative challenge Cup stamp collection. Create a postage stamp with a player in the series. Must include their render, player name, and the monetary amount of the stamp.

Code:
Task 8: (Written, 3 TPE)
Pick up to 3 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1.  Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
2.  Which GM in the finals do you believe has the tactical/Managerial advantage and why?
3.  Between Beaujeaux Biscuit and Artom Zhumbayev which star goalie has the advantage over the other in this series?
4.  Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next great player and why?
5.  You want to buy tickets, hotel stay and airfair for one of the games in this series and you have to decide between a trip to West Kendall or Winnipeg.. what city did you choose and why?

Code:
Task 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Theres a tattoo parlor right outside of the arena offering 50% off all challenge cup related tats and they need your help! Make a tattoo of a player in the finals with their name underneath it and add it somewhere on the customers body. post of a pic of the results!

Code:
Task 10: (Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S44 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria is that all Mini-Pods should be post season or Championship Series related. Here are the details below:

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91071&pid=2533615#pid2533615

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

'1' Welfare claim will be accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Deadline: December 19, at 12 PM EST.
Please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.
Note: Posts with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 01:26 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

TASK 2: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a location for the party, a special guest appearance for your fans and a list of 2 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)

[Image: UYzeRAF.jpg]

In 150 words or more write about the top highlight of your season. whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

From an individual standpoint this was another dominant season for the Augment as i put together a 52 point 180 hit campaign in 44. The big highlight for me was moving up to the teams top line and playing along side Roman Augustus who's skillset on the ice and specifically on the scoring side is a weapon that i havnt had in almost 5 seasons when a younger Izzy played along side Randy Randelman and Nicholas Pederson. With Augustus ability to score i was able to focus in other aspects of my game like passing.. where i accumulated a career high 33 assists which ranked 6th in the SHL... Having to do less offensive work on the ice iwas able to spend more time on special teams where i accumulated 14 points on the power play as well as 127 minutes on the penalty kill unit which was also a career high. 

Question: Before the start of the game little tammy threw 4 reese's peanut butter cups on the ice. 2 of them were skated over and crushed! (Ohhh No!!!)... how many peanut butter cups were NOT skated over?

Sent PM to @Ace and @goilers

Task 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
In an effort to improve the product, the league has asked an outside source to look over the playoff lineups and determine which teams could have performed better.. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

Old Lineup:
1 Vijanupatan Singh        Angelo Odjick            Dick Skillstedt          38     0   1  4  
2 Robert Phelps            John Langabeer           Nour Harrak              32     0   2  3  
3 Oliver König             Zanarkand Abes           Eriks Skalbergs          15     0   0  5  
4 Oliver König             Zanarkand Abes           Vijanupatan Singh        15     0   1  4  

This Steelhawk line up above was the unit that went to war in the S44 post season.. it's hard to 2nd guess a franchise who has been one of the best teams in the SHL over a 5 season period. So this is not about if the lineup was incorrect and only about what i would have tried if i were putting these lines together. first thing id do is put Phelps were he belongs which is top line with top minutes.. ive noticed over the years that Hamilton likes to move Phelps around the lineups almost using him like a super utility player. I would stop that and put his skills against the top talent in the league cause i think hell win that match up almost every time. Id then move abes and Skillstedt up with him cause there both top flight scoring forwards with extremely high defensive capabilities. i think thats a top line built to win.

On the 2nd line id promote Oliver Oliver König to center. Konigs another pass first center to compliment a team with lots of scorers.. and id team him up with Harrack who becomes the lines primary scorer and Odjick who does a bit of everything on the ice. all 3 have defensive abilities that reflect a 2nd line.

On line 3 id move Langabeer to become the teams passing forward and team him up with Singh which is a very strong 3rd line offensive combination. Skalbergs defensive game is a bit ahead of his offense at this point so part of there responsability on the ice is to protect the young forward from more then hes ready for.. id lower the time allocation on that line and turn them into a defensive oriented unit.  I think this line up below is what i would have tried out there.

New Lineup:
1 Robert Phelps            Zanarkand Abes           Dick Skillstedt          40     0   1  4  
2 Oliver König              Nour Harrak                 Angelo Odjick             40     0   1  4  
3 Vijanupatan Singh        John Langabeer           Eriks Skalbergs          20     0   2  3   

Pick up to 3 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.
1.  Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.

D- Jon Ross
D- Gary Grease
F- Dani Forsberg
F- Jason Visser
F- Alex Light
G- Beaujeaux Biscuit

The forwards were easy for me, Forsberg/Visser/Light boast 2 scorers and a passing forward, a mix of power and speed and skill and tons of experience. On D i bypassed what may be the 'sure thing' in Weber for Grease and his ability to cause chaos on the ice anchored a hell of a physical game. Adding Grease made the ross addition work as JR is a more of a control the tempo stay at home D-man making the duo compatible. Slight edge for Bojo in net.

Task 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Theres a tattoo parlor right outside of the arena offering 50% off all challenge cup related tats and they need your help! Make a tattoo of a player in the finals with their name underneath it and add it somewhere on the customers body. post of a pic of the results!

[Image: BCjIUyW.png]
@Bonk

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 02:24 PM by Bobby Watson.)

Don't forget the deadline

Choose one team in the series and talk about the steps they took to make the finals. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

For this one task, I think the most interesting subject I can talk about is the run of the Minnesota Chiefs and how they manage to lose in the semi-finals on the 7th match while the team was almost sold out by their GM. Starting during the playoff, Minnesota’s gm Shmurph decided to do some massive trades to prepare for next season, since the team did an okay S44 season and, to be fair, got close to elimination. The Chiefs decided to prepare for a strong S45 and kind of forget their chances in S44 playoff. Surprising, Minnesota managed to win on their 7th match the first round of the playoff, capitalising on their top 7 players. Playing against the platoon, one of the strongest team of this season, they manage to catch up their first two lost games with the help of their new players.

TASK 2 :
[Image: SHL-view-party.png]

For this piece, I’m gonna write avout Bobby Waston first hat trick that happened during the playoff of this season. During regular season, Bobby’s made it high in the scoring ladder with 22 goals and he managed to be the top player in the scoring streak category for some weeks. However, he never managed more than 2 goals. However, December 8, after two defeats against the West Kendall Platoon, Bobby Watson managed an hat trick with a goal during each of the three periods. With the help of Caelan Fearghal, Noro Wozy and Terrance Nova, the Chiefs managed to break that series of loses by winning the game 5 to 4. Ultimately, the Chiefs lost the series at their 7th game but this hat trick helped them win in what ended as a close game and gave them the hope that they could still win those playoffs. They didn’t but they came close.

Task 4 :
PM Sended

Task 7 :
[Image: Bobby-Stamp.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 11:59 AM by Slappydoodle.)

Task 2

[Image: 6V56BZ2.jpg]

Task 4

Sent

Task 7

[Image: Ou672TG.png]

Task 9

[Image: D3D2Xxf.png]

Podcast

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2541209

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

No copy and paste from season either!

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 07:45 AM by Snussu.)

Task 4: Sent to PM's

I must say the highlight of my season had to be the fact I got the most hits in SMJHL this season. Having 141 Hits in the regular season and not so many penalty minutes makes me happy. Even tho I had 60 checking it's absurd how much I got hits. Also, the fact that I am/was a strong choice for the best defensive player on the league title makes me more than happy.  The season was a happy surprise to me as well. I got the most points in my career in the last SMJHL season of my player. I didn't have good Faceoff%, with 61 Faceoffs I wasn't expecting much. The season, in general, was really good for me and I'm a tad bit sad about losing to Colorado on the 7th game cause off STHS. Overall the season was a success, and I'm happy to be part of Falcons

3.  Between Beaujeaux Biscuit and Artom Zhumbayev which star goalie has the advantage over the other in this series?
Even tho I'm a Jets fan. I must say I think Beaujeaux Bojo had an amazing season and amazing playoffs. He has been shining and been biggest reason Platoon has had such a success. Artom Zhumbayev is a great goalie, don't get me wrong. Has had an amazing season as well.
4.  Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next great player and why?
Definitely Ola Wagstrom. He had an amazing season in Detroit during the regular season. When Playoff's rolled around he didn't stop making goals. He kept going. The Falcons team and the STHS luck got 'em and they dropped in semifinals. Because of his amazing performance in SMJHL he got called up to Winnipeg Jets to help them win the Finals. He will definitely be a franchise player
5.  You want to buy tickets, hotel stay and airfair for one of the games in this series and you have to decide between a trip to West Kendall or Winnipeg.. what city did you choose and why?
That would be Winnipeg. West Kendall is just a spot near Miami and there's nothing interesting. Winnipeg has a lot of history to it, Hockey is amazing in the city, also many Finnish players played there. Winnipeg also apparently has amazing food. Would be excited to eat those! The Ice Hockey arena in Winnipeg also apparently is among the best in SHL!

Task 9 (Graphic, 3TPE)
[Image: Bojobox.png]

TASK 2:
[Image: Invitation.png]

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 10:07 AM by Baelor Swift.)

TASK 1: Choose one team in the series and talk about the steps they took to make the finals. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.
For the cup-winning Jets, what they did was remain focused and build from within to get to where they were. They didn't make any blockbuster moves and their roster all season featured two rookies drafted by the organization - Lil Manius and Ignatius Blunt. These rookies were supplemented with a playoff callup in Ola Wagstrom, another Jets draftee. This is the story of this team and how they got to where they are - effective player management and drafting got them to the finals. You look at everything - from the role players to the stars. Zach Evans, who has been in the league for years now, led the team in playoff points with 19 and was drafted by the Jets. Corey Bearss led the team in playoff goals with 9 and was drafted by the team as well. Hit leader defenseman Gary Grease with 59? Also drafted by the Jets. And goaltender Artom Zhumbayev, who had an incredible .915 save percentage in the playoffs? Yet another Jets draftee. This is a team that made it here because of great decision making at the top seasons upon seasons ago and they are certainly reaping the rewards here as Challenge Cup Champions.

TASK 3: In 150 words or more write about the top highlight of your season. whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

Unfortunately, we were unable to achieve the ultimate goal of this season: to win the Four Star Cup. However, individually, I had an amazing season that I'm very proud of and should show that I'm ready to be a big time player in the SHL. During the regular season, Chuck Crutchfield and myself formed the most dominant defensive pairing the SMJHL saw in Season 44, something that many aside from myself (yeah I wrote about us being the best in some point task, call me Poopstradamus) did not see coming. Well, we absolutely killed it and I finished the season with a +30 rating while Crutch finished with a +29 rating, the two best in the SMJHL. My +30 rating is tied for 12th in SMJHL history and is the top mark in Detroit Falcons history. So while we were unable to win a cup, etching Poopity Scoop in history is definitely not a terrible consolation prize.

Task 4: Sent

TASK 6: In an effort to improve the product, the league has asked an outside source to look over the playoff lineups and determine which teams could have performed better.. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

It seems like the Steelhawks always underperform come playoff time. The SHL's resident chokers, not even new management seems to be able to help this team truly compete for a cup. It's become almost an expectation by now. Solid regular season. Playoff collapse. While they were paired with the eventual conference champion Platoon in round one, it took only five games for West Kendall to dismantle Hamilton. Why the underperformance? New lines are needed. Here is what they SHOULD have done:

Robert Phelps - Zanarkand Abes - Dick Skillstedt 35%
Oliver Konig - Angelo Odjick - Nour Harrak 35%
Vijanuptan Singh - John Langabeer - Erik Skalbergs 15%
Oliver Konig - John Langabeer - Vijanuptan Singh 15%

Finn Kruger - Ronnie Westbrook 40%
Ben Dover - Dwayne Wyder 13%
Sami Owens - Jakub Trochek 13%
Ben Dover - Sami Owens 12%

You see, this is quite different from the lineup used by Hamilton. It seems they just threw lines together without considering player types and what they may face in the playoffs. With the forwards this team has, they have 8 legit guys. So, based on that, they need to stack their top 2 lines and they didn't do that effectively enough. They could have gotten by with their three weakest top nine forwards on the third line. This would have allowed them to better match up and counter teams that rather took advantage of weaker guys getting more playing time. This is the playoffs... come on.

Now for D. Finn Kruger needs all the playing time he can get. So you stack him at the top with Westbrook, their weakest of their top four. Then, you make Dover and Owens cary Wyder and Trochek in more limited playing time. Then, you plop Dover and Owens on the fourth line to make up for it. This is called limiting your weaknesses... Hamilton didn't do that and West Kendall exploited the shit out of them.

TASK 7: The SHL has teamed up with the United Postal Service to create a commemorative challenge Cup stamp collection. Create a postage stamp with a player in the series. Must include their render, player name, and the monetary amount of the stamp.

[Image: CW-44-TASK-7.png]

Task 8: Pick up to 3 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

5. You want to buy tickets, hotel stay and airfair for one of the games in this series and you have to decide between a trip to West Kendall or Winnipeg.. what city did you choose and why?

West Kendall. Why would I go to Winnipeg? Goddamn it's cold there. I can go to West Kendall and have easy access to Miami. Miami has, what, beaches, Cuban food, culture, fishing, clubs, drugs. Winnipeg has, what? Igloos? If anyone chooses Winnipeg, they're lame. You can watch a hockey game on the biggest stage between the same two teams and actually make a dope vacation out of it. Hell, if I choose West Kendall, maybe I stay for a week. With Winnipeg, I'm out of there in a hot minute.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2018, 11:00 PM by King.)

Task 1 - Step to finals - 3 tpe
The platoon were cup champs last year so the roster is not surprisingly very similar. But they did add in Cameron Dubois who has helped. Their MVP this year was with out a doubt Dani Forsberg. Dani has done it all this year. Dani scores, hits, passes. He's an elite all around player. He's been a beast upfront and has been the stick that stirs the Platoons drink. Dani doesn't have a typical build of an SHL forward who just focuses on skating scoring puckhnadling and defence in some combination. Dani Forsberg is an all situation two hundred foot player who makes everyone around him better. He can change the tempo of a game with a hit, a goal or a beauitful pass. On top of that he's a great leader and a character guy. He a big locker room presence and well liked by everyone on the team. The platoon are a deep team but Forsberg pushed them over the top.

Task 3 - Highlight - 3 tpe

The highlight for Leshaun King's season, on a personal level had to be his 21 game stretch where he went over a point per game. It started in the 8th game of the season and ended on the 23rd. 21 games 8 goals 14 assists 22 points. During that run three games stand out. The first was Kings first 3 assist game which came in a 4-3 loss to the Riot. The other would have to be his first 4 point game which came in a 6-4 win over the Renegades. But the highlight of highlights has to be Kings OT winner against New England, his first two goal game and his first over time winner. King reflects back to the New England game.

"Yeah that was an exciting game for sure. The first goal to open the scoring was started by a nice play by Rivet. He picked up the lose puck and moved it to Tanner. Tanner took a slapper which got blocked the puck bounced to the corner, I was there to pick it up and buried over the goalies shoulder. The OT winner was a lot of fun cause it was on the ice against a really good friend of mine, Tiggole @Ace , he beat me on the opening draw in OT moved it back to Landvik who skated it in, they were controlling possesions in our zone when Tanner picked off a pass and sent it up the ice to me. Me and him passed it back and forth a few times and was able to put in the back of the net there to. So was a fun game for sure."

Task 6 - Line edits - 3 tpe

The Hamilton Steelhawks had another first round exit this year. They lost to the eventual cup finalists, but the team may have been able to do a bit better with some different line combinations. I think the Steelhawks could make more use of there elite talent in Robert Phelps and give him the first line match ups. Konig is a very similar player, but a small step below Phelps, so we can move him to the second line, and the talent Vijanupatan Singh can take the double shift on the 3rd and 4th. Angelo Odjick and Dick Skillstedt still flank the top line. Abes moves up to the second line and the line gets a bit more time. The third line takes a bit more of that ice time as well.  Lanabeer and Skalbergs are a bit less focused on being strict playmakers or shooters, so they can plan with the sniper Singh.

1 Robert Phelps         Angelo Odjick            Dick Skillstedt          33     0   1  4  
2 Oliver König             Zanarkand Abes           Nour Harrak              33     0   1  4  
3 Vijanupatan Singh             John Langabeer           Eriks Skalbergs          33     0   1  4  
4 Vijanupatan Singh            Robert Phelps           Angelo Odjick         1     0   1  4  

Task 8 - Writting Mix Bag - 3 tpe
Dani Forsberg plays the role of the playmaker and the checker for the top line. One of Ross or Spitfire will be the playmaker from the blueline here and Weber or Schroeder will be paired with him. I'll go Ross and Schroeder here. For the centre I'll go with the legend Visser and another sniper in Crossfit Jesus.

Jason Visser - Dani Forsberg - Cross Jesus
John Ross - Ludwig Koch Schroder

2.  Which GM in the finals do you believe has the tactical/Managerial advantage and why?
I'm going with John Ross here. He has been able to milk rosters to play above their head every year, and he's not surprisingly had another cup run. I think John is one of the best SHL hockey minds right now. He's had a lot of success butting together special teams and line matches after every game. I think he has the complete package managerialy.

Trip to Winnipeg for sure. Winnipeg was named the Cultural Capital of Canada in 2010 by Canadian Heritage so has a lot to see. , The Forks, attracts four million visitors a year. It's a snowcone capital of the world, and the birth place for Winnie the Poo. Definitely a fun trip and worth coming up to the north to see what winnipeg has to offer.

Task 10 - Mini Pod - 4 tpe

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2018, 08:22 AM by Nictox.)

Code:

The Winnipeg jets took many steps this season after loosing in the finals last season. Starting by bring up rookies Lil Manius and Ignatius Blunt, both of which have 3 points in 12 playoff games. Winnipeg pretty much kept their line up the same, besides mentions before, and it seems to be a winning formula. Flappy is a great GM and I know he has something up his sleeve this time around to knock West Kendall back to their beaches and gold courses. The Jets have great star players with 7 players reaching the 40 point mark. Not only can they produce when they need to, they are also defensively sound. Their starting goaltender, Artom Zhumbayev, posted a 0.910 Save Percentage and a 2.64 Goals Against Average. Statistically they are stacked and have a great chance of bringing home the Cup. As long as they keep up the pace they are on and continue to be dominant they should have no problem with this final series.

[166]

Code:

My biggest highlight this season was sappassing my last season point total. I finished this season with 18 goals and 29 assists. I was doing well all season and was looking like a PPG player in every right. I switch to center near the end of the season to accommodate my team needs and saw a dip in my performance, but I am overall happy with my outcome of which will most likely be my last season in St. Louis. Currently in the second round of the playoffs I'm sitting at 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games while having a positive face off percentage. I have hopes I can continue my play and be a leader through the playoffs. Next season I hope to be a break-out rookie in the SHL where I can hopefully produce enough to lead all rookies, and it will be nice to play along one of my old line mates again in Lil Manius.
[161]

Code:
Code:

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM.  Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit... Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 1 TPE for participation, 2 additional TPE for the correct answer]

Sent.

Code:

After careful analyst, we determined that the Calgary Dragons should have performed better then what they actually did. With some top talent on the team, one would expect them to be battling in the finals, instead they see a round 1 exit. Lets take a look at their top line: Center Mike Izzy, Left Wing Mikko Linna, and Right Wing Roman Augustus. These were the main offensive production for the Dragons, between the three of them, they had a total of 13 points in 5 games, 4 of which came from special teams. Now lets look at that same lines regular season stats. Izzy had 52 points in 50 games, his production in the playoffs could have been better but he was right on track, Roman Augustus had 43 and Mikko Linna had 35. This tells me that the skill is there to do great things, but something wasn't clicking like it was in the regular season. Another big name I thought would show up and really compete was Joe Kurczewski. Joe is a great player who can always be found in the top ten of the league during the season in multiple categories, including shots, hits, and points. But like the rest of the Dragons, could not produce in the playoffs, producing only 2 points and 14 hits, Joe could not find the back of the net on 21 shot attempts. I believe a couple tweaks were needed for the playoffs, here is what I came up with:

Mike Izzy - Hunter Jones - Roman Augustus
Joe K - Mikko Linna - Shooter McGavin
Alex Mack - Brennan Kennedy - Esa Anrikkanen
Mike Izzy - Joe K - Shoot McGavin

Defense would remain the same.

I believe McGavin had a better playoff series then Esa and should have been moved up to play more minutes with a good passer in Linna.

Code:

2. Flappy, Winnipeg Jets. Flappy is a great GM and good guy overall. He knows how to run his team, and knows what needs to be done to win. He is in constant contact with his players and knows how to get the best out of each player. West Kendall better be ready for the Jets this season.

4. Lil Manius, Winnipeg Jets. Manius is a beast of a player. He can score, he can check, and he can defend like no other. He is not your typical two way player and I can see him being a leader in the future. He will easily step up and be the player Winnipeg needs him to be.

5. Winnipeg. It's pretty obvious I'm biased to Winnipeg, but I cannot see me wanting to go to West Kendall, let alone Florida. I'd stay there for more then one game if I could. Plus while I'm catching the Jets play in the playoffs, maybe I can catch the Winnipeg Jets play a regular season game.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 06:44 PM by luke.)

Code:
Code:
I am going to be writing about the SMJHL finals for this. One player that makes the ST Louis player elite is Aleister Cain. If you dont know who he is, you should, as he is one of the bests goalies in the juniors. Coming through the season he dominated juniors, having one of the best seasons he had since he was on his Midget team. going up into the SHL for 6 games, he won all 6 games, so its natural that I had St Louis in favor to win the series in a quick fashion. Aleister Cain is a man among boys, and his contribution. St Louis also got Alex Winters from Colorado, that also contributed offensively for the Scarecrows, cementing their win over Colorado. Alex Winters was the real key trade for St louis, as Colorado supringly beat both MTL and DET in both rounds leading into the finals. without a stud in Winters, Colorado had a lot of younger kids that havent faced the pressure of the finals before, and Winters got to work against his old team, and it showed as he had a lot of points in the finals.

195 words

Code:
Code:

Luke Thomason enjoyed a very good SMJHL season, getting the most points he ever had in a season. Coming out of the gate, the Whalers were very dominant in their play and Thomason had a lot of games in which he was first in points for all of the SMJHL. My goal for the season is getting above a point per game, as well as finishing with a postitive +/- as I was on the PK and the PP, making my player an all around guy, that is also an elite player, and thats what he did this season, doing well in every game and contributing iin the playoffs as well, but was eventually knocked out in game 7 of the 2nd round. It was a breakout season Thomason needed to be in, as he is expected to play top line minutes for the Pride, so he will have to be ready to carry the team back into a successful team again

161 words

Code:
Code:

Done

Also-
Tammy pushes 1 reeses peanut butter cup with the initial velocity of 12 m/s, and at an acceleration of 1.2 m/s^2.  Assume that the ice is frictionless, the Cup is pushed for 5 seconds. How far did the Cup go?

Code:
Code:

1.  Troy McClure III, Ludwig Koch Schroder, Alex Light, Corey Bearss, Dani Forsberg, Beaujeaux Biscuit.
This team has great players in them, with up and coming star Troy McClure III, able bodies veteran Schroder, as well with some of the best forwards in hockey in Light, Bearss, and Forsberg. Of Course we cannot forget one of te best goalies in hockey with Beaujeaux Biscuit in the net, making this line one of the best lines every seen in the SHL.

3. Beajueax Biscuit is the star goalie that will be the deciding edge for the playoffs. When you think of the platoon one of the many things you think of is Biscuit with a very long and prosperous career ahead of him, they will have a solid net presence for years to come, and makes this team what it is.

4. Troy McClure III will be their next big star on the defense .We already saw in game 3 he was making big plays like blocked a lot of shots, and hitting people to move the puck around. with the rate he is getting the TPE he will be  a franchise defenseman for a very long time to come

Code:
Code:
Task 10: (Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S44 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria is that all Mini-Pods should be post season or Championship Series related. Here are the details below:

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91071&pid=2533615#pid2533615
http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2535023

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 08:59 PM by NJBadApple.)

Once again, the Winnipeg Jets made an outstanding run deep into the SHL playoffs. This time, they emerged on the other side with a Challenge Cup after taking down the Platoon in six games. When it comes to determining a catalyst for the Jets, a couple of things come to mind. First, they have a stay-the-course mentality, meaning they have stuck with the same core of players for the past few seasons. This has allowed them to gel & build some sort of chemistry between all of them. Secondly, the complete dominance of the Jets defense. Not only did they support Zhumbayev well enough, the top four all eclipsed the 10-point mark during the post-season. Finally, and most important, was the depth of Winnipeg. The Jets had 11 --- yes, 11 --- players amass more than 10 points during their post-season run to the cup, more than any other team in the bracket

[Words: 151]

TASK 2:
[Image: CWInvite.png]

TASK 4: SENT

TASK 7:
[Image: CWStamp.png]

Task 9:
[Image: CWTattoo.png]

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 12:50 PM by Acsolap.)

The West Kendall Platoon came into the season as Challenge Cup champions. The majority of the team remained unchanged although they did lose veteran blue liner Noctis Caelum to retirement. In his place they called up rookie Rex Kirkby formally of the Anchorage Armada and St Louis Scarecrows and later in the season added Cameron Dubois from the New England Wolfpack. The combination of proven winners all over the line up as well as the third pair proving to be a lot more solid on the back end than expected allowed the Platoon to finish a respectable second in the East behind a Toronto team who rode their wall of a goalie to top spot. They carried their form into the post season with their excellent top line continuing to flourish and after easily pushing aside the Hamilton Steelhawks in the first round managed to squeeze past a resurgent Minnesota team who were giving it all for Alonso Garbanzo's final season. The moves that boss JR made were minor but he kept a winning strategy and freshened it up in the just right places to put his team in contention for a historical back to back cup winning effort.

The whole season was really one big highlight for me. My first season up from the juniors and despite playing limited minutes on the third pairing and used only sparingly on the penalty kill in terms of special teams I would have to say that my rookie season would have to considered an all round success. I managed to score my first goal and ended up having a multiple point game which also secured me my first ever 3 star award. Although I missed my target of scoring twenty points I was pleasantly surprised to see how defensively robust I was and came in not only with my first positive plus minus season in my career but also lead the teams D corps and was only one behind top spot team wide. While I have enjoyed the season in a personal aspect the real achievement is that we have made the finals again. I enjoyed the success the team had last season but being a part of it this season has made it all the sweeter. The cherry on top will be if I get to hoist the challenge cup at the end of the series. 

TASK 4: Pm'd

TASK 8:

I think that in this series it is JR that has the advantage. He has led his team to three finals in four seasons including this very match up last season where the Platoon ended up coming out on top in only four games. He has improved the teams regular season performance this year and there is no reason to believe they cannot go back to back.

Bojo is a stalwart for West Kendall and was a huge reason for their success in the playoffs last season. If the Platoon want to triumph then they need to hope he is on his game. However I think that Zhumbayev has shown that he has improved over last year and is capable of being the bigger performer when it is all on the line. Both teams will need their goalies to be at their best if they want to triumph.

From West Kendall it will have to be Rex Kirkby. He is one of the highest TPE earners in his class as well as one of the two best defencemen from S43. He has had an impressive regular season and has continued that form into the playoffs. Once he increases his TPE and moves up the lineup he could potentially be one of the best defenders in the league. On the other side of the tape is another S43 prospect in Lil Manius. Also on the blue line manius carries family history with Winnipeg and will be hoping to emulate the feats of his father in becoming a legend of the franchise.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 03:48 AM by 39alaska39.)

Task 1:

The Colorado Raptors probably took the most unexpected and more difficult path to the 4 Star Cup Finals. After extensively trading at the deadline to move expiring contracts and players that were set to move up to the SHL next season, the Raptors were set to face off with their bitter playoff rivals, the Montreal Militia, in the first round. Perhaps stunningly, the Raptors rolled over the Militia in 5 games behind the stellar play of goaltender Scottey Crawfling. The second round against Detroit was much of the same. Scottey Crawfling standing on his head and putting together a dominating performance in a gritty, difficult series against the Detroit Falcons. Clutch performances and key goals from players such as Alexander Selich, Cassius Darrow and Kjell Spolander (this was the single most unexpected player who scored timely goals) and from deadline acquisitions Lillie Jacobs, Xavier Cross and Veikka Toivanen, the Raptors put together a dream run that sadly came up just short in the end.

Word Count: 166

Task 3:

Alex Winters' big highlight from this season was the final one. Every player in the SMJHL dreams of winning the 4 Star Cup during their time in the league, and Alex was lucky enough to earn that in his final game. Unfortunately for him, it came in a 4 game sweep over his former team: the Colorado Raptors. It was a bittersweet feeling for him to go through the handshake line at the end, wearing that Champions hat and seeing the faces of players and friends he had battled with for over half the season before he was traded. It was a tough series, closer than the sweep reflected. Alex hated that it had to be over his old team, but sometimes that's how the cards fall. That didn't stop him from lifting that Cup high above his head though, and that final team picture with the Cup will be on his mantle for all time. 

Word Count: 156

Task 4:

Sent

Task 8:

2. Which GM in the finals do you believe has the tactical/Managerial advantage and why?
So I know that I am literally in my first season as being a GM, but I think that Kimmy and I had a bit of an advantage over Joe and the Crows in the finals. While they should have been commended for taking a favorite to the finals (not an easy thing to do), Kimmy and I were able to turn a team with 1 capped player (our goalie) into a finalist after beating the best team in the league in a seven game battle. (86 words)

4. Choose 1 young player from each team.
The two young players to really keep an eye on in the Challenge Cup finals are Troy McClure III and Rex Kirkby. Kirkby in his rookie season with West Kendall and McClure III in his sophomore year, the two are highly talented and skilled defensemen for their teams. They both have the chance to be legends in their organization if they can get off to a good start with a Cup in the first few seasons. (76 words)

5. Where would you watch the game?
West Kendall is essentially Miami right? As much as a trip to South Beach sounds appealing, I actually prefer the cold and comparing the way the Panthers are supported versus the way the Jets are supported, a trip to Winnipeg for a Cup finals game is an easy choice over the warmth of West Kendall. (55 words)

Task 10:

Two Man Mini-Pod with JY

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

The Platoon did a whole lot of not much this season. I can’t say I particularly blame them. The “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” mantra exists for a reason. I suppose I can lay claim to some of their success… The acquisition of Cameron Dubois was one of the mid-season transactions they did to supplement their defensive core. Other than that small quiet trade, the Platoon simply were positioned in a way that their core roster could not just make the Finals, but contend.
In addition to their small supplementation of their already strong roster, JR95 and the Platoon management team are always making small tweaks and alterations to their day-to-day strategy. The biggest thing that West Kendall did to be where they are is just great roster building and management all around. They’re the model franchise for the Eastern Conference for a reason. I look forward to hopefully changing that in the future.

I have to say that personally my top highlight was when New England went on a 9-0-1 run to go from the basement to a legitimate discussion of squeaking into the postseason picture. Unfortunately that didn’t materialize, but it was a breath of fresh air after what seemed like a daily defeat. I certainly was hoping that Bitties could win the scoring race, but alas, that wasn’t meant to be.
From a General Manager perspective, it was also great to see the significant steps forward our young players in New England made. Players like Rafe Ulrich, Manuel Gotze, Kristaps Ball all played significant roles on our roster in Season 44. They are the young core that we’re building around. Ball jumped from 3rd line wing to top pair defense. Gotze was a consistent top six threat in his sophomore season. Ulrich’s performance led him to being in the Jesster discussion as rookie of the year.

COMPLETED AND PM’D

You don’t move Oisin Fletcher off the top line C role, but going up against the Winnipeg Jets is much different than the other opponents in the SHL. Teddy Cuddles had the best season of his career on the second line… I would have moved him to the top line alongside Oisin Fletcher and Cory Knouse. The second line would be another strong punch with Teodors Cukurs, DeMaricus Smyth and Hercules Rockefeller. This would have made their top line more lethal. The third line would go unchanged – that trio is significantly stronger than most other third lines in the league today.
I would also split up the duo of Tor Tuck and Connor Tanner. These two are the stalwarts of the Edmonton blue line, and if the Blizzard could fashion two “top pairings” they’d be able to absorb and contain the Jets’ offensive lethality that much more efficiently. I can’t criticize too much though… I had my chance to lead the Blizzard and I didn’t get any further than Karl and Keygan though.

1) TASK 1 - Ludwig Koch Schroeder, Max Weber, Alex Light, Jason Visser, Zach Evans, Beaujeaux Biscuit. This lineup would be absolutely lethal and unstoppable in a game. The defense would be incredibly stalwart, the forwards lethal and the goaltending would keep opponents at bay with terrible puns. No lineup could defeat them.
2) TASK 3 – As I referenced above, Beaujeaux has the edge in this one clearly. Artom Zhumbayev can barely speak English, nevermind having such a masterful grasp on the language to craft unique and chortle inducing puns to scare forwards off the puck. Even on a breakaway, a well-timed pun can induce giggles which makes maintaining control of the puck infinitely more difficult.
3) TASK 4 – Troy McClure III still qualifies as a young player in my eyes. He’s a S42 player and already sits at 734 TPE. He’s going to be a high end player sooner rather than later and is playing on a strong, deep roster. He’s surely going to be the “next wave” in Winnipeg and will be a huge member of that blue line for seasons to come.
4) TASK 5 – I have to say, is this really a question? Who in their right mind will choose Winnipeg, Manitoba? This is probably one of the bleakest cities that hosts a SHL franchise and the most frigid. Of course I’d prefer to jump on a JetBlue flight out of Boston, pony up a bit of extra fundage to fly in JetBlue Mint, and go to Miami – I mean West Kendall. South Florida here I come!

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Ph

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)