Create Account

S44 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2018, 10:34 AM by HoltzFan10.)

TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Choose one team in the series and talk about the steps they took to make the finals. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

The times when the West Kendall Platoon acquired, who I believe to be the three stars of the team; Dani Forsberg, Beaujeaux Buscuit, and Alex Light, was the time they were on the path to the finals, and possibly the championship for this season. Alex Light: with 50 games and 49 points (25 goals, 24 assists), he finished just under a point per game and just finished outside top 10 scoring in the league at #11. He was a key part to the success of the team this season, as he was also 8th in the league in his shooting percentage, a true goal scorer. Next, Beaujeaux Buscuit, was a top goalie this season, as he finished with 25 wins for 4th highest in the league, was tied for 6th in the league for save percentage (.910), and was 5th in the league for GAA (2.66). Without him, the team would certainly not be in the position they are in right now. Lastly, the great Dani Forsberg, who finished 5th in scoring with 22 goals, 31 assists, and 53 points, is obviously the superstar of the team. I don’t even need to explain how!
————

TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)
In 150 words or more write about the top highlight of your season. whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

Benjamin Blue’s first win of the 44th season came in the 197th game of the season. He made 36 saves in the 6-5 shootout win, with an .878 save percentage. It isn’t the best performance he could’ve made, but it was his first win, and he was happy about it. After the game the team popped a few bottles to celebrate. During the game Blue made some amazing and jaw dropping saves. One of his amazing saves was when it was a 3 on 0, the three forwards made a tic-tac-tic-toe, from left, to the middle, to the right, and back to the left, a cross crease play, and Blue did a cartwheel and stacked the pads to make a point blank save. Then, he also made an excruciating to look at split save. And at the last few second of the game he flashed the glove to rob a top cheese snipe. He was, at least, happy.
————

TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, 3 TPE)
Question: Before the start of the game little tammy threw 4 reese's peanut butter cups on the ice. 2 of them were skated over and crushed! (Ohhh No!!!)... how many peanut butter cups were NOT skated over?

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM.  Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit... Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 1 TPE for participation, 2 additional TPE for the correct answer]
————

TASK 7: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The SHL has teamed up with the United Postal Service to create a commemorative challenge Cup stamp collection. Create a postage stamp with a player in the series. Must include their render, player name, and the monetary amount of the stamp.

[Image: 6F1834F0-9765-4CDC-B0ED-16A43D061F47.jpeg]
————

Task 8: (Written, 3 TPE)
Pick up to 3 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1.  Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.

Dani Foresberg-Alex Light-Maurizio Arrivabene
Spitfire-Pietra Volkova
Beaujeaux Biscuit

Forward choices: well, it’s simple, they’re the highest point getters in each of their positions. How else would I choose these by names? Good one!
Defensemen choices: the two biggest goons out of both teams for both Volkova and Spitfire were 5th and 13th in the league for PIM respectively.
Goalie choice: gotta love the French name that most people from other countries can’t pronounce on the first try.
——

3.  Between Beaujeaux Biscuit and Artom Zhumbayev which star goalie has the advantage over the other in this series?

I think that Artom Zhumbayev is going to have the advantage over Beaujeaux Biscuit.  I think this because Artom arguably preformed better in the regular season, with 2 shutouts then, a 24-14-6 record, a 2.64 GAA, and a .910 save percentage. Also, Artom’s defensemen in front of him generally preformed at a better level than Beaujeaux’s.
——

5.  You want to buy tickets, hotel stay and airfair for one of the games in this series and you have to decide between a trip to West Kendall or Winnipeg.. what city did you choose and why?

I would choose Winnipeg. The reason I would choose Winnipeg is because it is a big bustling city in western Canada, which is a country I love, and also has a nice chilly weather. I know some wonderful hotels in Winnipeg that are very comfortable, and also some nice food places to eat. I just feel that I would have an overall nice time in Winnipeg.

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 02:43 AM by StamkosFan.)

Code:
Choose one team in the series and talk about the steps they took to make the finals. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

The Winnipeg Jets started out the year on the right foot by making a splash in the free agent pool, signing top defenseman Spitfire to add to the back end. Already having two weapons in Gary Grease and Max Weber on the blue line, this move gave more depth to the roster and added more of a scoring touch to the defensive aspect of the game. And Spitfire came through with 34 points over the season, good for second among the team's defensemen. With a +20 and a team leading 79 blocked shots, it's clear that Spitfire has also been instrumental at keeping pucks out of the net. Spitfire has played a lot, so he's been key to the Jets' fortunes, finishing second on the team in minutes played, only 3 behind star Max Weber. The last contribution from the UFA signing was becoming a fixture on the power play; cashing in with 5 assists, he is helping keep the Winnipeg power play a well-oiled machine.

Code:
TASK 2: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a location for the party, a special guest appearance for your fans and a list of 2 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)

[Image: R7R4LVQ.png]

Code:
In 150 words or more write about the top highlight of your season. whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.
The highlight of the year for me has to be getting called up to Winnipeg for the Challenge Cup finals. I always wanted to play in the pros, and to have the chance to win a Cup and be called up at the same time? It’s a very exciting moment and an important point for my progression in my career. I’ll actually get to play in my first SHL game, which I’m definitely looking forward to. Winnipeg is putting me in on Line 4, so I have a chance to make an immediate contribution at a time when it really counts. Also, I’ll be centered by Jason Visser, which will be an absolute honor. He is perhaps the most elite center of all time, so being linemates with him will be something I’ll remember for the rest of my career. In my first appearance, it is my hope that I’ll get my first point of my SHL career, preferably a goal.

Code:
Question: Before the start of the game little tammy threw 4 reese's peanut butter cups on the ice. 2 of them were skated over and crushed! (Ohhh No!!!)... how many peanut butter cups were NOT skated over?
Private message sent.

Code:
Pick up to 3 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

2.  Which GM in the finals do you believe has the tactical/Managerial advantage and why?
4.  Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next great player and why?
5.  You want to buy tickets, hotel stay and airfair for one of the games in this series and you have to decide between a trip to West Kendall or Winnipeg.. what city did you choose and why?
2. Both GMs obviously have playoff experience since this is a rematch of last year's Challenge Cup Finals, but I would give the advantage to Flappy, because he's not afraid to mix things up with his lines and he was willing to call up rookies to give young, fresh depth on Line 4.
4. I have to pick myself, Ola Wagstrom, because I'm trying to build a Sniper and I am a max earner in TPE. My GM told me my ideal build looks a lot like Visser's, who is obviously a great player, and my shooting is already at 90, so I can already bring some scoring to the table today.
5. Of course I'm going to stay in Winnipeg, because it's the city where my player is signed with, and even in real life, I've always dreamed of visiting Canada. While West Kendall is in Florida, so would be close to me in real life, there's nothing really to do there as a tourist, other than the beach, which I could do at home.

Code:
NSFL Welfare Claim--PT 2
Link to NSFL PT

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 10:14 AM by Flowseidon.)

Task 1:

Despite being the defending cup champs, the West Kendall Platoon came into the season being expected to regress. They shocked the SHL with their cup upset last year and they desperately wanted to bring themselves back to the finals and bring home another cup to add to their trophy case. One of my favourite players to watch this year has been Dani Forsberg and I think that without a doubt Dani is the MVP of the Platoon. Dani's 53 points was good for 5th in the league and top on the Platoon. Along with the scoring touch exhibited, Forsberg will punish opposing forwards with devastating checking and is an all-around player that has an immediate effect on any game he plays in.

WKP traded for a solid depth piece in Cameron Dubois. He has put up 4 points during the playoffs, and has brought some solid possession numbers to the second line defense. While not a total game changer, he makes the WKP blueline more solid through the lineup so they don’t get hammered by mismatches.

Task 2:

[Image: HRqoB1H.png]

Task 3:

My season highlight took a pretty long time, but it will remain my biggest accomplishment as a junior player. Through the middle of the season, I was on an absolute tear. Just one of those streaks where everything seems to be going right, and the excitement just seemed to be never ending. I was completely shocked I was able to keep the point streak going for 16 games, as I had never even been close to that before. It’s something that was just incredible to experience, and to hear that wild Montreal crowd screaming your name just pushed me to perform better as the season went on. I don’t know if I’ll ever have a stretch of hockey like that again, but damned if it wasn’t incredible. Obviously, my teammates were a huge part of this and there was no way I went that long without them burying chances and getting me the puck, but that remains true for everything in hockey. As far as I know, that streak is the best in the league this season and it’s something I’ll never forget (barring too many conkies)

Task 4:

Complete. Probably wrong. My advanced calculus is a little shaky

Task 6:

The Edmonton Blizzard were our number one team through the 50 games of the season. Unfortunately, the playoffs were a little disappointing for them as this cup hopeful team took a second round exit in the playoffs. With a lot of turnover between them and NEW over the season, it was impressive that their record was this good at the end of the season, as they bolstered their ranks with some of the NEW departures. This team has a ton of talent and we switched the lines around . I think the big thing that needed to happen was to get the people who were performing at the top of the game up the lineup where they should be. The 2nd line generally was scoring more than the first, so I switched some of them around to switch up the matchups a bit. The defense was shaken up a bit as well to reward Brady McIntyre for how he played through the playoffs.
Teodors Cukurs – Cory Knouse – Teddy Cuddles
Oisin Fletcher – Demaricus Smith – Hercules Rockafeller
Nikolaus Scholz – Piotr Czerkawski – Halfdan Thorstein
Connor Tanner – Brady McIntyre
Ensio Kalju – Tor Tuck
Chippy Chiclets – Jack Hansen

Task 8:

2. I think that WKP’s GM team has the edge in this matchup. They’ve been making the right moves over the last few seasons to keep their team in contention. Though they were a worse team through the regular season last year, they made the right decision that led them to winning the cup over this very same team. Until Winnipeg shakes this demon, the edge will definitely have to fall with WKP based on their upset last year.

3. I’ve gotta give the edge here to Artom Zhumbayev out of Winnipeg. The dude has had a stellar playoffs so far and has been a big part of Winnipeg’s postseason success. He is leading Biscuits in a load of stats, and it gives him a big edge. Despite having faced more shots, he has a higher save percentage and a lower goals against average. The only notable disadvantage he has is in shutouts so far in the playoffs. I think that his performance up until this point will continue and he will come out on the top of this match

5. It’s gotta end up being West Kendall for me. Warm year round and proximity (kind of I guess) to some wild nightlife and some beaches. I’ll spend my days before the playoff games soaking up the sun and having a few beverages on a boat and head my way into Miami for some post game festivities after what I’m sure will be a wild battle between Winnipeg and West Kendall. Sorry Winterpeg, but it’s way too frigging cold to go visit you this time of year.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 01:52 PM by karlssens.)

TASK 1: In the case of both these teams I don't think either made any significant moves to overhaul their roster. That being said both came off strong seasons in S44 and weren't required to make any changes. It's that patience and belief in players already in the locker room that makes them so successful I believe. In the case of the Winnipeg Jets they've had an enviable top 6 forwards for quite some time now, and although a few have begun to hit regression they're still big time performers capable of winning on any given night. On the blue line it's a similar story as the top 4 have remained the same for several seasons now and continue to excel. Lastly between the pipes we have the legend himself, Artom Zhumbayev. The russian born netminder has been a constant force in Winnipeg since being drafted in S35. It's the patience and belief in their players, system and current setup that makes them a contender each season and a western conference champion on the verge of potentially winning it all this season.

TASK 3: Over the past 20 seasons Nikolaus Scholz has had many firsts, but there's always something to takeaway from each season. This year marks the first season he's been a part of a president trophy winning team. While no longer a driving force for the Edmonton Blizzard he plays his part as a third line center and role player to the best of his ability. His 28 points and +1 rating are nothing to get overly excited about, but one part of his game that has excelled in the twilight of his career is his success at the faceoff dot. Finishing the season with a faceoff win percentage of over 57%, he led the entire league in win percentage. If that wasn't impressive enough it's the 3rd consecutive season he's managed to accomplish that feat. His performance at the faceoff circle was also prevalent in the post-season. While not the league leader after 2 rounds, his 54.38 win percentage was good enough for eighth overall. He hopes to build on this performance in S44 and potentially go for the league lead in win percentage for the 4th straight season.

TASK 4: sent.

TASK 6: In a league filled with so much parity it's anyone's guess who will win in any given matchup. Over the course of S44 the Winnipeg Jets and Los Angeles Panthers had a near identical record, yet in a best of 7 series it was the Winnipeg Jets that would prevail. For this task I'm going to come up with a whole new set of lines for the Los Angeles Panthers in an attempt to knock off the Winnipeg Jets...
Sophia Bennett © - Jean-Luc Refilieux (LW) - Maximilian Wachter (RW)
Matthew Auston © - Yuri Boyka Jr (LW) - Joshua Woodcroft (RW)
Mattias Enqvist © - Lightning Jones (LW) - Geoff Higgins (RW)
Toivo Kosonen (LD) - James Johnson (RD)
Jon Toner (LD) - Maurice Picard (RD)
A winger by trade, Bennett actually possesses the highest faceoff attribute on the team. I'd slide her to center to see if she can handle the responsibilities on being a center. Refilieux and Wachter would compliment her nicely as a playmaker and fellow scorer respectively. On line two I'd select Auston as my center, who typically lines up as the center on line 1. Boyka Jr could easily have gone here too, but Auston possesses the higher passer rating and would make a better fit in the center of the ice. Woodcroft is the lowest of the 6 in terms of overall, but still significantly better than the next 3 so this seems like a good spot. I'd keep line three intact. They are a group of young players continuing to grow. On defense Kosonen was an obvious choice. Selecting a partner was tough as all top four defenders are pass first. I opted to keep Johnson as it's a proven combination. On line two I kept Toner, but swapped Leetch for Picard. Both are similar, however Picard is much more likely to pass, giving Toner the opportunity to use that shot. His defense rating is also slightly higher.

Task 8:
1. Ludwig Koch Schroder (D), Max Weber (D), Dani Forsberg (F), Pietra Volkova (F), Jason Visser (F), Beaujeaux Biscuit (G). Honestly you really can't go wrong with any selection here. On defense I've opted for the experienced and veteran play of German born LKS and Weber. Between the two of them they have three cups, multiple medals and a whole bunch of points. On forward I opted for a blend of skill and size. Forsberg and Volkova lead their respective group of forwards in hits and points. Visser isn't up to his usual level of play, but he's a game changer. Lastly Biscuit is a two time champion and perennial nominee for the McBride as of late. He's proven he can steal a game and can perform under pressure.
2. Despite all the success of the young GM Flappy in Winnipeg I think you have to give this one to JR down in West Kendall. Since taking over back S38 (S39?) he's made the playoffs each season. This is his third appearance in the finals in that short time and he already has two challenge cups under his belt. He's proven his strategies work and is able to maintain a contending roster season after season that can make deep runs in the playoffs. If he wins here again in S44 that'll make 3 cups in just 4 years. a feat that hasn't been done since Eggy and the New England Wolfpack in S30-S34.
3. Once again you really can't go wrong with either pick here, but I'm going to go with the more proven Beaujeaux Biscuit. As I highlighted above he already has 2 cup wins in his career and has yet to hit regression. His numbers are solid year after year and has been a nominee for the McBride trophy numerous times as of late. As far as stats are concerned Zhumbayev has him beat in save percentage and goals against average, but Biscuit's two shutouts demonstrate his ability to take over a game and dominate the opponent.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

The Winnipeg Jets were able to make it to the finals again by doing things the same way they have been for a long time, they built an extremely solid team through primarily sound drafting and team building. The Winnipeg Jets front lines are some of the best in the league and have been for quite some time. It looks like that trend has once again carried them to a finals appearance where they will have the opportunity to bring another cup home to Winnipeg. If anything the Jets continued success shows that the steps it takes to make the finals is not by throwing massive contracts at big name free agents or trading the farm for the final piece that you think will put you over the edge. The key step to success is being patient and building a good team of guys that want to continue to earn TPE but also want to continue to play together. This has allowed them to stay competitive.

Code:

Well this one is an easy one, as Tor Tuck had by far the best season of his career and there were a lot of components that went into that mark. Most importantly, the Edmonton Blizzard were the best team through the regular season and were able to lock down a spot in the playoffs after a disappointing finish last season. Obviously, more playoff success would be nice but they played a great team and gave it their all. Tor Tuck was able to lead all defenders in points over the course of the season, while also being part of a winning team, whereas other defenders were close, they were able to pad their stats when teams had nothing to play for. Furthermore, Tor was able to dominate on the assists across the league as well pushing his goal of being a great team player. Tor was not afraid to take shots and did so with some impressive efficiency. Throw in a couple of fights won, lots of shots blocked, and plenty of hits and Tor was able to still do the dirty work a defender needs to do.

Code:

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit... Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 1 TPE for participation, 2 additional TPE for the correct answer]
Sent.

Code:
TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
In an effort to improve the product, the league has asked an outside source to look over the playoff lineups and determine which teams could have performed better.. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

The Edmonton Blizzard were one of the top teams in the league but were still not able to even make the finals after dealing with a heart breaking loss at the ends of the Winnipeg Jets, a classic tale. However, some line changes that could have helped the team could have been the full-time friendship defense wins championships line. First, we would need to put slash in the net as he is undefeated back there for the Blizzard this season. Throw a C on Tommy Tuck and put him at left wing. We would roll out 3 defenders that would include some of Blizzard’s best Tor Tuck, Connor Tanner, and Brady McIntyre. Then we have Ensio Kalju playing RW to further the defensive strength of the line. Finally, the league’s best player cannot leave the lineup so Oisin Fletcher servers as our center who is going to bring the offense and put up the big goalie numbers while everyone else shuts down any offenses we face.

Code:

1. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
The dream playoff roster would look something like this: Terrance Nova would be the right winger with the impressive 27 playoff points (WTF!?!), Teodors Cukurs gets the nod at center for having an impressive 8 points in just 11 games, Noro Wozy would slot in at left wing putting us at two players putting up 27 points on our first line forwards. On defense we would go with Brady McIntyre and Jon Ross, the two leading defenders through the playoffs thus far. Finally, the best goalie of the playoffs Tommy Tuck is going to protect the back end. These guys are getting their spots because they have been able to do it when the biggest lights are on in the playoffs, because here regular season stats just do not matter.

2. Which GM in the finals do you believe has the tactical/Managerial advantage and why?
The West Kendall general managers are definitely getting the nod here. The WKP have been perineal contenders since I have been around the league which is most of what would be considered recent history. Perhaps most importantly though, is the result in the playoffs last season where the Platoon picked up their brooms and swept the Jets without really breaking a sweat in the finals. Clearly the Platoon GMs have some edge over the Jets, or the Jets would have stopped the bleeding in the finals a year ago and made it a series.

3. Between Beaujeaux Biscuit and Artom Zhumbayev which star goalie has the advantage over the other in this series?
In this series I am going to have to give the keeper advantage nod to Artom Zhumbayev but it is pretty close between these two players. Zhumbayev has the advantage because he has a better save percentage through the playoffs thus far which is one of the top goalie stats. However, Zhumbayev’s supporting case is a bit more sound defensively as he has also faced fewer shots. This means that if a goalie is going to have a great series it is likely going to be Zhumbayev.

4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next great player and why?
The next up and coming prospect for the Platoon is going to be Shouta Alzawa. This young center has been seen at the facility day and night putting in work. There are rumors that his shot is something that just cannot be put into words and he is going to be putting up big scoring numbers in the SHL before we know it. On the other side, Ola Wagstrom may be even more impressive for the Jets. Wagstrom is an up and coming Winger that just has the killer instinct you want in a forward. He is always looking to score and there is just something in the kid’s eyes that tell you he is going to be a star.

5. You want to buy tickets, hotel stay and airfair for one of the games in this series and you have to decide between a trip to West Kendall or Winnipeg.. what city did you choose and why?
This one is an easy choice, it is December and we are getting those West Kendall tickets without any thought (of course, this is after we figured out West Kendall is in Miami). Sure we might run into some real weirdos down in Florida, but we will not get our faces frozen off while we are watching hockey and getting wasted on the beach afterwards.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 11:14 AM by StaticShocked.)

TASK THREE (163 words)
This season, although not as impressive as last season's, was a big one for Zajac. In this season, I broke a fair amount of personal records for myself, including notching my 200th SHL point. Although I didn't break my career highs from last season (18 goals and 31 assists) this season, it's still incredibly impressive that I can manage to put up these types of numbers this late in my career. Another thing I'm incredibly excited about is how deadly Zajac can be in the faceoff dot. Ever since switching to center full time in the middle of last season, my faceoff percentage has been slowly rising throughout my SHL career. It started off as a measly 44.18% in season 39, and has now shot way up, helping me finish last season with a 56.64% in the dot. Although my last season in Seattle was one filled with selling at the deadline, I'm glad that I was still able to break 40 points.

TASK SEVEN
[Image: ADCA6mU.png]

TASK EIGHT
1. (108 words) Creating an all Challenge Cup starting lineup isn't easy due to the overwhelming amount of talent on both teams. However, I feel like I know what to do here. Starting on forward, I'd take Jason Visser at center, Dani Forsberg on the left wing, and Crossfit Jesus on the right. Three of the most dangerous scorers in the SHL for the past few seasons on a line together? How could I not. On defense, I would have a pairing of Ludwig Koch Schroeder and Gary Grease, the perfect mix of young and old defensemen. And in net? None other than Beajeaux Biscuit. The man himself backstops this team.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 08:27 PM by trella.)

PBE Task

For Teddy Cuddles, right winger for the Edmonton Blizzard, the high point of his season was absolutely destroying multiple career highs and emerging as a true sta in the Simulation Hockey League. Before this season, Cuddles was just a decent player, nothing more. This all changed when Teddy started focusing a little less on his physical side and put more into his positioning on the ice. With lots of offseason training, Cuddles became a true star, scoring 21 goals and picking up 32 assists for a total of 53 points, all three of those stats being career highs. Cuddles also got enough hits to join the 1000 hit club, and he is only the fourth player in Edmonton Blizzard history to reach that level, so Teddy is very proud. He really pushed himself into the limelight of the league and while he likely will not get any awards or nominations, Cuddles proved himself as a top player in the league and will hopefully make the 1st team all star team, but if not 2nd team is fine.

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM.  Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit... Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 1 TPE for participation, 2 additional TPE for the correct answer]

Sent via PM.

In an effort to improve the product, the league has asked an outside source to look over the playoff lineups and determine which teams could have performed better.. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

The Edmonton Blizzard were the top team in the regular season by a pretty largue margain, ad they probably should have beaten the Winnipeg Jets in their Best of 7 series. Unfortunately, they came up short losing their series in 6 games. If they used these lines I think they would have won:

LW-C-RW
Nikolaus Scholz-Theodors Cukurs-Teddy Cuddles
Cory Knouse-Oisin Fletcher-Poitr Czerkawski
Hercules Rockefeller-Demarcius Smyth-Halfdan Thorstein

LD-RD
Tor Tuck-Chippy Chiclets
Connor Tanner-Brady McIntryre
Ensio Kalju-Jack Hansen

These lines would definitely work. The first forward line and defensive pairing have all the Blizzard's longest standing players. Scholz is going to reach 900 games played for the Blizzard, and Cukurs and Cuddles have both been with the team for a long time, sporting the A. Chiclets and Tuck were drafted by th Blizz in Season 36 and Season 37, so they have been with the team for a long time. This veteran leadership really could have pushed them over the edge. Putting Knouse, Fletcher, and Czewkawski together would create great chemistry and they would produce very well. That third line would be unstoppable vs any other 3rd line with the pure talent they possess.

Task 10: (Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S44 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria is that all Mini-Pods should be post season or Championship Series related. Here are the details below:

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2533615

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2534799

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2018, 09:35 AM by jRuutu.)

TASK 2: Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a location for the party, a special guest appearance for your fans and a list of 2 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)

[Image: zzDvviO.png]

TASK 3: In 150 words or more write about the top highlight of your season. whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

The top highlight of the season on individual level was no doubt my first goal with the Edmonton Blizzard, had to wait quite long for it - happened on day 44 and against San Francisco. That goal was big relief, even if as a defender I´m not expected to score a lot, but felt nice and I got the monkey off my back. Also got into four fights, which was really cool to see, did not fight that much in the previous year.

When looking at big picture, the whole season has been a highlight, Edmonton played so well during regular season, finished first in the standings and the only team to break 70 point mark. Players in the team had sick seasons, Fletcher first in scoring, Cuddles and Tuck were in Top-10, McIntyre tied 2nd in assists with Tuck, both had 38 asssists and they also were the 1 and 2 in defender scoring, Tommy Tuck had the second best GAA rating, so all these little things made it special, just getting to be part that was great. On top of that, we  made the playoffs of course, the journey there stopped just before finals, but great season overall.

(175)

TASK 4: Message sent!

TASK 6: In an effort to improve the product, the league has asked an outside source to look over the playoff lineups and determine which teams could have performed better.. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

Looking at Hamilton for this one, there are few things I would try. The first thing I would change is Singh on the first line center role, he is weaker defensively than the two other centers, so move him to 2nd or 3rd line and into more sheltered role. König would be my choice for the first line C role, the guy is a tank.

What comes down to wingers, I´d put Odjick and Abes next to Singh. Skilstedt and Langebeer next to König, Harrak and Abes again next to Phelps. Abes as a defensive minded winger is the key, having him next to Singh for example on the 2nd line would give Singh and Odjick slightly more freedom in the offensive end.

For defenders I´d look for ways to find traditional defensive and offensive options playing together, with defensive I mean a player who could hit, but unfortunately when I look at Hamilton, Kruger is the only one among defenders who has even 70 in hitting, Westbrook, Owens and Dover had in total of 10 hits in 5 games, that is bad. I´d be willing to bet that if one of the three had 70 in hitting just like Kruger, their defensive balance would be a lot better, could put the ´hitters´ on seperate lines and that way have a clear balance on who is doing what.

(200)

Task 8:

3.  Between Beaujeaux Biscuit and Artom Zhumbayev which star goalie has the advantage over the other in this series?

It´s extremely close, both are elite goalies, 1216 TPE vs 1257 TPE, but if I would have to pick one - I would pick Zhumbayev because of his larger frame, on top of that, Artom has played on slightly higher level so far in the playoffs, BB has faced 379 shots and saved 91.6% of them. AZ has faced 383 shots and saved 92.7% of them. Small differences, but I guess it just shows how good both of them are.

4.  Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next great player and why?

Rex Kirkby - WKP. He is a rookie defender playing currently on the third pairing, 5 points in 12 games so far in the playoffs - without any powerplay time, so it´s clear he has what it takes to play in this league, need to take few more steps before being among the top puck moving defenders in league, but potential is high.

Lil' Manius - WIN. Another rookie in the finals, Manius is the third line winger for Jets, 22 hits and 3 points in 12 games show what kind of player he is, not afraid to go into the tough areas and throw his body around, that fearless attitude is going to make him one of the best powerforwards in SHL.

5.  You want to buy tickets, hotel stay and airfair for one of the games in this series and you have to decide between a trip to West Kendall or Winnipeg.. what city did you choose and why?

Winnipeg. I have heard it´s lovely during the winter time, proper winters and on top of that the place has a special meaning to all Finnish sports fans, Teemu Selänne is a god in both Finland and in Winnipeg, so getting to experience some of that same vibe would be a real treat for any Finnish hockey fans.

Task 9: Theres a tattoo parlor right outside of the arena offering 50% off all challenge cup related tats and they need your help! Make a tattoo of a player in the finals with their name underneath it and add it somewhere on the customers body. post of a pic of the results!

[Image: sDHpnft.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 07:34 PM by Leppish.)

[Image: YHqOKoi.png]

Scoring my first career goal in my fourth career game was a very special moment for me, we were on the powerplay early in the game and had lost a faceoff in Toronto's zone, but they lost the puck to Bobby Watson who passed it to Caelan Fearghal, who missed the net and the puck bounced right to the left circle, as soon as i saw it i rushed from the blue-line and slapped it as hard as i could, i had my eyes closed and just hoped for the best... Then i hear the loud *ping* and the crowd starting to cheer. "Way to go Georgey boy!", Bobby Watson shouted as he skated to me, Eric Pelletier grabbed the puck and skated to the huddle with it. "Let's fucking go Boys", the big bearded man shouted. Would have been perfect if we had won the game but unfortunately Toronto took it 2-1 with a strong defensive effort.

Sent

TASK 7: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
[Image: kxFUKqx.png]

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 09:33 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Task 1:

The Winnipeg Jets had a strong season, going all the way to the Challenge Cup Finals to face the West Kendall Platoon. There are a couple of players that I believe helped them get to this point. Kyle Kylrad and Spitfire.

First, Kyle Kylrad has been with the Jets for a few seasons now, but this season his role changed and he adapted very well. Centring the third line, Kyle had a great regular season, putting up 34 points and 50 hits. He gave Winnipeg that crucial bottom 6 production that made them a nightmare to defend. In the playoffs, his great play has continued, putting up 11 points, good for third on the team.

As for Spitfire, he was a free agent signing and it has been a home run. Spitfire has been that number two defenceman that the Jets have needed. He moved everyone down into their ideal positions and has been a rock back there. He also put up 34 points in the regular season, along with 79 blocked shots and a +20. In the playoffs, he's been even better, with 8 points and 14 shot blocks.

These two players have had different roles on the team, but both have exceeded expectations doing them and have led the Jets to another Challenge Cup appearance.

(217 words)

Task 3:

The personal highlight of my season, excluding team highlights, came in the final game of the regular season against the Seattle Riot. Entering the game, my career high for points in a season was 39, and I had 38. Needing two points to reach 40 and achieve a new career high, I set out to accomplish that goal.

Playing with two great players in Knouse and Fletcher, I felt confident in my chances. Low and behold, just 42 seconds into the game, I fed a pass to Tanner, who found Tuck open at the point. Tuck ripped a shot passed the Riot goalie for the game's opening goal. That secondary assist gave me 39 on the season and a tie on my career high. The first period ended with us up 3-2.

The second period rolled around and the pace had slowed a little bit. The Riot were trying to stuff the defensive zone, but luckily I found a gap between the wingers. I skated into the zone, deked passed the defender and set up a short 2-on-1 with Fletcher and I. With the puck on my stick, I sent a beautiful saucer pass right onto Fletcher's stick and he made no mistake in roofing the puck top corner. With that, I got my 40th point of the season and achieved a new career high.

40 points was a goal of mine and it felt really great getting to reach that, especially in the final game of the season.

(249 words)

Task 4:

PM'd

Task 6:

Edmonton Blizzard Revised Lines:

1st Line:
Old: Fletcher-Knouse-Rockefeller...New: Fletcher-Knouse-Thorstein

I would keep Fletcher and Knouse together because they showed great chemistry with each other. I swapped Rockefeller and Thorstein because of Thorstein's passing. He would be better suited to give the puck to Knouse and Fletcher, who are the stars of the line.

2nd Line:
Old - Cukurs-Smyth-Cuddles...New: No Change

This line dominated the season together and there is no reason to make that change.

3rd Line:
Old - Scholz-Czerkawski-Thorstein...New: Scholz-Rockefeller-Czerkawski

The 3rd line struggled before the addition of Thorstein, but with him they improved. The swap of Rockefeller and Thorstein achieves two things. Rock and Czerkawski both play their natural positions now, and the 3rd line gets a stronger player in Rockefeller to drive the line. This change balances out the top 9 more and makes it more difficult for opposing teams to key in on just one line. The talent is spread out better.

On defense, it's another straight swap. I would change Tanner and Kalju. This change is simply to spread out the talent once again. Instead of stacking one pairing, this makes both pairings formidable. Tuck drives one pair, Tanner drives the other.

(195 words)

Task 10:

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2534262

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 09:59 PM by SlashACM.)

I started a majority of games in the juniors last year, but got called up to the show to play 6 games as a backup. My numbers were ok, but I knew I could improve on them. Fortunately, as the Edmonton Blizzard transformed their play this season to become president trophy winners and legitimate cup contenders, Cain transformed his play to match his team's. Going a solid 6-0-0 as backup, Cain proved this season that he could be depended on to hold down the fort and give him a break from carrying the team on his back. Letting in no more than 2 goals a game, he improved on his previous record greatly, and impressed teammates and fans alike with a perfect record, 6 and 0.

While it may seem like there is nowhere to go from here but down, I am confident that I can improve my play even more in the coming seasons and hopefully be a goalie that's name is known around the league, whether its on the Blizzard or elsewhere.
-------------------------

Call me self centered or unrealistic, but I would've liked to see Cain given a shot in round 2 against the Jets. He probably would've been shredded but you never know. Its possible that the team just plays differently with the backup in, plays more sound defensively and in the back of their mind know that they don't have a goalie to bail them out of every mistake. It could affect their play and push them to give 110% knowing that a little baby rookie is in net. It certainly helped during the season, where weak teams were crushed with Cain at the helm.

Other than that, seeing the STL boys reunited with Cuddles and Smyth dishing the bisky and taking names, reminding the Jets that you don't fuck with Edmonton gang. Still proud of this team and we'll never know what would've made a difference and I'm proud of Keygan for helping bring this team as far as he did.
-----------------------------------

1. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
2. Which GM in the finals do you believe has the tactical/Managerial advantage and why?
3. Between Beaujeaux Biscuit and Artom Zhumbayev which star goalie has the advantage over the other in this series?
4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next great player and why?
5. You want to buy tickets, hotel stay and airfair for one of the games in this series and you have to decide between a trip to West Kendall or Winnipeg.. what city did you choose and why?

3. Bojo is a beast, and though Artom played excellently against the blizzard and was a major factor in their finals appearance, I'd give the edge to Bojo. Just an all around great goalie and guy. He's got some cups under his belt and I believe he has it in him to win a few more, whether its now or in the future is the question.
4. I think Rex Kirkby is going to hold down the blue line once these old timers are retired. Coming from the STACKED s43 draft class, he earns TPE at a great rate and has a lot of good mentors on WKP to make sure he develops and fits well with the team's vision. From Winnipeg, its obvious their top prospect is Nicholas Williams. Just an absolute stud and American hero, he's proven his skill in the juniors, on the international stage, and you know he's coming for your V card in the SHL as well. He will join a cast of excellent forwards on the Jets and will not look out of place as he tears up the league and keeps them on top for seasons to come.
5. Winnipeg sounds like a chill place (pun intended) but I gotta go with West Kendall. Don't know much about it other than its in Florida so sign me the fuck up. I'm literally freezing my titties off in Chicago right now so some sunshine and beach time sounds better than the cup right now. Who needs the dumb cup anyway.. not me...
------------------------------------------------

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit... Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 1 TPE for participation, 2 additional TPE for the correct answer]
SENT

-----------------------------------
MINI POD http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2534265

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 10:32 AM by Sean.)

Code:

The biggest moves these two teams have made is not making moves. We have a rematch of last season's finals and both rosters are close to identical. One of the biggest changes is Winnipeg bring in Spitfire as a free agent. Spitfire has had an impact putting up 8 points in 12 games. Winnipeg is going to need much more change than just Spitfire if they want to go from being swept to winning the Challenge Cup. Edmonton probably wishes they had the defenseman though. Edmonton fought hard against Winnipeg taking the series to game 6 after being down 3-0. Spitfire was originally dealt to the Blizzard without a guaranteed contract. Spitfire decided to test free agency and eventually decided upon the Jets. Would the Blizzard be staring down the Platoon in the finals this year if Spitfire had decided differently? We'll never know. Spitfire is only focused on won thing now though, bringing home a cup to Winnipeg.

Code:

When the season began, there was nothing more I wanted than to see the Raptors make their way to the Four-Star Cup Finals. My last game in the SMJHL saw that happen, but it was nothing like I imagined. The Raptors traded me to Detroit just before the trade deadline. I had led the Raptors to a disappointing record, and the Raptors decided it was time to move on and try in future years. I didn't ask for a trade, but I didn't insist on going down with the ship. The Raptors ended up sneaking into the playoffs. In a league where only 2 teams miss the playoffs, it seemed like a small reward for the remaining players hard work. I now played for Detroit, the top team in the league, favourite to take the whole thing. Well, this is why we play the game. The highlight of my season is watching the Colorado Raptors celebrate a trip the finals, while I watch from the other side.

Code:

sent

Code:

4.  Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next great player and why?

Beaujeaux Biscuit has the advantage going into this series. Biscuit stared down the Jets last playoffs and took home 4 wins in 4 games. Biscuit is facing an extremely similar team, so he knows exactly what needs to be done to take home another cup. Biscuit hasn't been as hot as Zhumbayev this playoffs, but I'll take Biscuits experience everyday of the week.

Troy McClure III from Winnipeg, the guy has hot tub technology that is gonna keep him feeling young for 50 years, so watch out for this guy in the future. Also he can play hockey pretty good. As for West Kendall, they're gonna look to Rex Kirkby to be a future core-piece. Kirkby has put up an impressive 5 points in 12 games which is about all you can ask for from a rookie player.

As long as I can trust the pilot to figure out wherever West Kendall is, I'd rather go there. As much as I hate the fact that they don't just call themselves Miami, I hate Winnipeg. Continuing on this tangent a bit when I google West Kendall, Google calls it Kendall West, can you not even get your team name right? But seriously, it's warm and I would fly down there just to hit up the Steak n' Shake. Do you guys love Steak n' Shake as much as I do? or is it just because I can only get it when I travel? I mean one-time after a long day I got two meals and a milkshake for like 12 bucks.

Code:
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S44 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria is that all Mini-Pods should be post season or Championship Series related. Here are the details below:

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91071&pid=2533615#pid2533615

Link to Podcast Thread (7 min solo)

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 11:53 AM by goilers.)

Task 3 TPE
NSFL PT

Task 4

Done  sent to Izzy

I would have to say the highlight of my season this year was the race for the scoring and points totals. Unfortunately I fell just short and finished in 2nd but I had a really fun time keeping up with everything. It was the highlight of my season because I was coming to the games ready to go and trying to get ahead of the famous Oisin Fletcher. Another highlight of this season is the fact I broke over 50 points, sure I’ve done it the last couple seasons but it feels good to have some consistency. I started the season pretty slow and seemed to heat up in the second half, unfortunately my play didn’t do well in the playoffs and we made our exit in the first round but it’s still exciting to get some playoff games in. Hopefully next season we can do a deeper playoff run but for now I’ll keep working on my consistency every season.
(161 Words)

The Los Angeles Panthers have made it into the playoffs the last couple seasons and even making it to the finals twice and falling short. They were in need of signing a top defensemen this season to solidify the blue line. It was perfect timing with the management changes within the New England Wolfpack organization and the panthers were able to sign a star Toivo Kosonen to play on the top line. The Panthers were really excited for this player to join the team as he a bunch of players knew what a good guy and a good player he was. He was a great addition to the locker room and helped the team get this far and able to get into the playoffs. Another thing the panthers did was re sign Sophia Bennett coming off of one of her best seasons. She finished the season with over 50 points and was helping the team secure wins when they needed her.
(161 Words)

1.  Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
2.  Which GM in the finals do you believe has the tactical/Managerial advantage and why?

F- Oisin Fletcher
F- Sophia Bennett
F- Terrance Nova
D- Tor Tuck
D- Brady McIntyre
G- Michael McFadden
This was pretty easy to me because this team would be a scary offensive line and other teams would be scared to play this line. Combined these players have 268 in season 44 which is pretty impressive and McFadden is a MVP player this season. I think this would be really fun to see.

I would say Lil Manius, he is going to be the Winnipeg jets future star no questions asked. The kid knows how to score goals and is super fast. Not only is he super offensive but he knows how to check and gets in the corners as well. The Jets were very lucky to land this player.

I choose to go to West Kendall because I love warmer weather and love to travel outside of Canada. Right now the weather in West Kendall is +20 where in Winnipeg it is -6. Ive heard some really good things about West Kendall and wanted to see what its like, ive also been to Winnipeg before so its nice to go somewhere new!

Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a location for the party, a special guest appearance for your fans and a list of 2 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)

[Image: xSgHqFW.jpg]

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 04:59 PM by Rich.)

Code:

The Winnipeg Jets have been one of the best teams in the league for 6 seasons or so. They didn’t make any major moves in the offseason leading up to S44, and I don’t see any reason why they should have. I think the attitude of the Jets management in the offseason was likely something along the lines of “Don’t mess with success.” Unless a good deal dropped in their lap, I don’t think they had any reason to shake their roster up, even in a small way. What they have works, and it works really, really well.

The season started a little rocky for them, but all it took was a little fine tuning, and they were back on track and in the playoffs. The pieces were already in place, they just needed a little finessing to get them to reach their potential. That is exactly what we’re seeing now, with this team in the Finals.

Code:

My personal highlight of the season was game 290 in Manhattan. For most of the season I had been slightly behind the pace to reach the hit goal I had set for myself this season. I was on a pace to end the season with around 170 hits. Not a bad total, but I had expected to finish with at least 185. Around the same time as this game in Manhattan, that pace picked up a bit. This game, in particular, is significant because it was a 10 hit game. This game alone did a lot to put me back on track. I didn’t have any points in this game, just the 10 hits and 3 shots. We managed to win, 5 to 2. Physt, Rhys and old man Eriksson all pitched in goals. I finished the season with 189 hits, which is just a bit above my goal. This game was the spark that led to a bunch more games with good hit totals over the last 8 games of the season.

Code:
NSFL PT

Code:

2.  Which GM in the finals do you believe has the tactical/Managerial advantage and why?
West Kendall definitely has an advantage here. They have had a much better rate of success lately. Winnipeg has had some slightly disappointing outcomes with one of the best rosters in the league. West Kendall has the stronger roster now, but I think the recent success they have had shows they have a slight tactical and managerial advantage.
Code:
I think they are incredibly evenly matched. They are two of the best goalies in the league, and are of a very similar skill level. However, I think that Beaujeaux has a slight advantage in that he has a better defense in front of him. He also has performed slightly better individually over the past couple seasons. Zhumbayev has the better forwards, but that doesn’t do him much good other than giving him a bigger goal cushion.
Code:
On West Kendall that player is Florence Clijsters. She is a two-way center, who leans a bit more defensive than offensive. She has a lot of strength for such a small frame, which will give her an edge in the faceoff dot. I expect a lot from her in the next couple seasons.

On Winnipeg, I really like Lil Manius. Another two-way forward, Manius plays on the wing. Also undersized, he is a shoot first guy with great instincts in his own zone. He needs to work on his hands a little bit, but another season or two of development and he should be very good.

Code:

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91071&pid=2533615#pid2533615

Rich and Adam, CW Edition.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 11:08 PM by Obsidian311.)

Choose one team in the series and talk about the steps they took to make the finals. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.:

Dani Forsberg has been an absolute monster for the West Kendall Platoon this postseason. ranking 3rd in goals scored (2 fewer games played than the 2 ahead at 10 goals), 2nd in shooting percentage at a staggering 21.43%, 4th in points, 7th in P/20, 3rd in PIM (oof), 1st in Hits, and is one of only 3 players thus far with a short handed goal in these playoffs. She has been nothing short of amazing in these playoffs. The Chiefs had a pair of players that were just absolutely dominating the league but in the end Forsberg helped her team through just pure brute force to get them to the finals and ready to take a shot at repeating as challenge cup champions. While she may not lead her team in points she deals out enough punishment on the ice to make teams top players reluctant to want to skate in the open ice. They want to be sheltered on the outside with clear vision lines of Forsberg and that in itself disrupts teams game plans. If player fall victim to the intimidation we have seen grown men laying in the corner crying fearing a hit from Forsberg. Look for the Jets to have their heads on swivels when Forsberg on the ice to keep from being the next person run over on her way to the cup.

Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a location for the party, a special guest appearance for your fans and a list of 2 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.):

[Image: 1iiZx0U.png]

In 150 words or more write about the top highlight of your season. whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related:

The highlight of my season had to be my time on the top line. The Pride season was a season to develop some of the young guys at the top level and winning wasn't exactly on the forefront of peoples minds to start the season. As the trade deadline loomed the Pride were actually in a spot where they could compete for a playoff spot as unlikely as it was. The rest was history. The Pride brought in a veteran defenseman which demoted me to the 2nd pairing and the tank was on. With Grapehead full steam ahead in his tank commander helmet and fruit of the loom undies we went on a massive tear of losses which led to the eventual #1 pick. But spending the time that I did on the top line with Jack Tanner as he was on historic Shot blocking pace was amazing. At times we were #1 and #2 in the league in shots blocked and eventually ended up #1 and #5 and I have to say I owe a lot to Jack Tanner for modified techniques that led to more blocked shots while reducing juicy rebounds that cost my Jr team goals the season before.

Question: Before the start of the game little tammy threw 4 reese's peanut butter cups on the ice. 2 of them were skated over and crushed! (Ohhh No!!!)... how many peanut butter cups were NOT skated over?:
Done

Alright Toronto. It just didn't work and that is okay. This is how I would have "fixed" the Toronto series and helped them move to the next round.

5 vs 5 Forward
  Center                   Left Wing                Right Wing               Time % Phy DF OF
1 Chris York               Lyndis Vakarian          Jonathan Lundberg        37     1   1  3  
2 Anders Christiansen      Mikhail Lokitonov        Carter Manning           31     0   1  4  
3 Mercer Church            Blabar Bananerstrom      Kristian Eriksson        22     0   1  4  
4 Jill Jellybeanov              Marcus Kane        Krists Zommers        10      2   3  0  

5 vs 5 Defense
  Defense                  Defense                                           Time % Phy DF OF
1 Zander Rhys              Bob Bergen                                        50     0   4  1  
2 Richard Physt            Jordan Von Matt                                   35     0   4  1  
3 Ti-Guy Emond             Ben Turska                                        15     1   3  1  

This is what I would have done. It further protects the 3rd line which was a liability during the series while allowing some rest for the rest of the forward group with adding a 4th line to get in there rough someone up and get out for a rested group of players. I think in the end it came down to players playing tired and that gave the advantage over to the other team. With the defensive pairings I dropped some from my buddy Turska and his new partner Emond and I have to say I wasn't impressed with Turska's effort level at all. I think this could eventually cause another issue of tired players but this time with Rhys and Bergen. If they can overcome that I feel like this set up would work well. I think one thing to work on for sure is going to be depth for the North Stars. It really did them in this series with only being able to run 3 lines which led to a tired team by the end of a long 7 game series.

C: Jason Visser (WIN)
LW: Dani Forsberg (WKP)
RW: Zach Evans (WIN)
D: Ludwig Koch Schroder (WKP)
D: Spitfire (WIN)
G: BeauJeaux Biscuit (WKP)

I believe this lineup could compete with any starting lineup in the world. Earlier this season we did a point task to create the SHL all stars. This right here would be a hell of a line on that team. With Visser and Evans sniping away and Forsberg smashing around and setting people up with her sick passing skills. On the back end you have Ludwig Koch Schroder pounding pucks towards the net from the point with Spitfire, possibly a shocking selection doing the passing on the blue line. Not only is this team offensively gifted, they all shine in their own zone, setting up opposing teams to turn the puck over and send it the other direction. If by some chance they manage to get through the front 5, a brick wall stands in their way. Biscuit is no slouch himself having been a previous challenge cup champion goaltender.

Give me the Biscuit. You would think a goalie being covered in butter would be a bad thing. But somehow the Platoon continue to make it work. Biscuit may not have as wellgoing to have the most success. He has great rebound control, Hand speed, and Style control in his butterfly stance. If you don't score on the first shot, odds are you aren't getting a 2nd rounded of a skill set as Zhumbayev does, but I would argue that Biscuit has a better specialized skill set that the Platoon play opposing players into the spots where he is  chance.

Rex Kirkby (WKP): A fellow Armada alumni I feel that Kirkby is definitely going to be a top tier D-man by the end of his career. He also seems like a pretty loyal guy so I could see him surviving the re-tool that is coming in the near future for the Platoon. Kirkby by the end of his career will likely be a top 5 d-man statistically all time.

Ola Wagstrom (WIN): Wagstrom was a defensive liability to start their career that much is certain. But after a lot of hard work Wagstrom has himself set up to be one the of best young skaters in the league. With continued training and the mentors the Jets have I have no doubts that Wagstrom will become the Jets next big star following in the footsteps of current top liners.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]