Create Account

Samee's S45 Draft Rankings - SHL Talk
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 10:56 PM by sash.)

Code:
3254 words

WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MYSELF I’M SO TIRED

With the draft lottery just happening, a lot of people have been looking to see what this draft will look like? Where will who go? WHO’s first overall! Well, I have put together a draft ranking that I spent time on, evaluating teams situations and players, creating an educated draft ranking. I hope you all enjoy.

1st Overall - pride
Select LW Andreas Kvalheim - @raymond3000
TPE: 282
Bank: $32,875,000

It was difficult to choose the first overall pick, but coming to a conclusion that the guy to get in this draft is Andreas Kvalheim, username raymond3000. The user despite not leading the class in TPE, is very close to that lead and has shown capabilities of creating hall of fame players, as well as shown great loyalty to the teams he’s played for. His previous player Kristian Eriksson is one of the first to hit 1000 points in a career and is a destined hall of famer, and raymonds first player is also a part of the hall of fame. Both players spent basically the entirety of their careers on a single team as well, making it difficult for teams to pass on a guy with a great history of legends and loyalty.

2nd Overall - Renegades (Via Riot)
Select D Cassius Darrow - @hhh81
TPE: 281
Bank: $22,600,000

I’m 100% sure the player going at this pick will be heavily debated, but from my perspective, Cassius Darrow is the best player available at this pick and the Renegades would be happy to take him. The team might be interested in picking another defenseman as their top 6 is incomplete. On top of this, the Raptors defenseman also holds a job in the SMJHL Head Office (a job he’s done quite well), and has collected quite a solid bank account in a single season from media and such. He has participated in basically every PT task there is, and despite being 5th ranked in TPE, he is going to be a top TPE earner during his time here.

3rd Overall - Rage
Select LW Mika Mayfield - @BadWolf
TPE: 294
Bank: $9,270,000

To the Manhattan Rage comes Mika Mayfield. Mayfield’s build will fit perfectly in Manhattan’s future, as they do have a need for shooting forward. She is also the top earner in the S45 draft class, leading with 294 TPE, and has collected a solid bank account from media, as well as the bank manager job she holds right now. Considering she is the top earner in the draft and fits Manhattan’s needs quite perfectly, they won’t pass up on the opportunity to draft what they’ll hope will be a franchise sniper.

4th Overall - Stampede
Select RW Maxime Bouchard - @Weretarantula
TPE: 271
Bank: $2,875,000

This might seem like a reach to many people, but not to me. Unfortunately some of the best available in front of Bouchard in terms of TPE don’t exactly want to be apart of the Stampede team, however Bouchard is an incredible pick for them anyway. The Stampede will be getting a high TPE earning winger in Bouchard, and someone who created media regularly and will be able to maintain a good bank account. Weretarantula ghosting shouldn’t be a concern at all either, as he has shown some great success and loyalty on the GOMHL. The user has also shown great interest in being staying in the SHL, being recently hired for a WJC GM job.

5th Overall - pride (Via Wolfpack)
Select D Leopold Lockhart - @ej27
TPE: 286
Bank: $49,991,666

I had a tough time seeing Lockhart drop to five starting off, but considering the situations between either players or teams, Lockhart going 5th overall to the Pride makes great sense. The Pride would be getting one of the best recreates in the draft by acquiring Lockhart, as her last player Mikko Linna is debatable a hall of fame lock, however is in no question a legend for the West Kendall Platoon. EJ is one of the historically loyal players, never really going to free agency and spending 11 seasons on the Platoon. There’s no risk in taking a player that has shown incredible brilliance in the past, and with her bank account factored in as well as the fact that she is 2nd in TPE, contract and earning rate will be no concern for the Pride. Ontop of this, having a prospect defenseman for the Pride is beyond ideal for the team, as it fills out the future top 6 at least, and potentially top 4 depending on how things work out for Jack Tanner and Isak Odegard. There’s no question for the Pride in taking Lockhart with the 5th overall pick.

6th Overall - Renegades
Select RW Nicholas Fleming - @Nereus
TPE: 253
Bank: $50,400,000

Luke Fleming did join the draft class late, however has been earning at a magnificent rate. With his history around the league, with his first player Nicholas Fleming, was considering one of the elites of his time and reached a magnificent TPE number. Nereus has collected a fabulous bank account with just over 50 million in it, making cap space used up by him being a much lesser concern. With regression taking effect of forwards Conklin Owen, Vasily Horvat and Brett Kennedy of the Renegades, bringing in Fleming as one of the future replacements sounds ideal for the team. One turn away however is Nereus’s previous player, only achieving like 200 TPE before retiring.

7th Overall - Steelhawks
Select defenseman Donnie Dicks - @Gooney
TPE: 246
Bank: $24,500,000

In what scenario do you see Hamilton not bringing back Gooney? Very little for me, and for great reason. Gooney is someone that’s incredibly well known and liked around the Hamilton locker room, and is a really low risk pick here at 7th overall, as his previous player Ronnie Westbrook reached more than 1.3K TPE. It’s even better for the Steelhawks that Donnie Dicks is a defenseman, a position they are going to need as they are both old and weak at defense after losing Finn Kruger and Ronnie Westbrook. Picking up Donnie would help solidify the top 4 core of the future. Hard for Hamilton to pass up on someone they know this well.

8th Overall - Dragons
Select winger Konstantin Voloshin - @InciteHysteria
TPE: 281
Bank: $24,020,000

Now the first thing everyone's going to ask me is why did Voloshin drop so much? The thing is, his draft rankings were quite picky if I’ll be frankly honest, and unfortunately for him with the teams he wanted to play for, they likely feel there are players available that are slightly better then Voloshin, or they don’t have a pick in the range that allows them to pick up Voloshin. The Dragons will have a hard time passing up on Voloshin here at the 8th overall pick however. Voloshin is a top 5 earner in this draft class, and does enough graphics and media to maintain a solid bank account, speaking of he’s already standing at over 20 million in the bank. IH’s third player looks to be very promising this time around, however there is reason to be concerned, as IH’s first player, Timo Haas, who was by the way a fantastic goalie, did not reach regression and his previous player faded out (due to IRL reasons by the way, which is totally reasonable). Despite this, it really isn’t a question that the Dragons would pick up the best player available, and by the way a great need for the team, as their forward depth isn’t exactly the strongest.

9th Overall - Panthers
Select center Kenji Yoshimura - @BigTittySmitty
TPE: 230
Bank: $5,322,727

There’s a lot of questions to be asked about this pick, however let's not take anything away from BTS here. He’s a really great person, and has a history of good players. But at 9 overall, he really doesn’t seem to be the best player available at all here, however his relationship with the Panthers, a quiet strong one, will be the main reason the Panthers will grab him, much like most LAP draft picks. Yoshimura is ranked 24th in TPE and doesn’t have a very strong bank account at all, but for history's sake the Panthers draft him. This and as well as the fact that most players in the draft really shouldn’t want to play under GM Bottas.

10th Overall - Stars
Select defenseman Dominic Montgomery - @bilbo
TPE: 247
Bank: $19,091,200

A blessing to the league goes 10th overall to the Toronto North Stars. Despite not being an elite earner in this draft class, Montgomery does hold a solid top 15 TPE, as well as a great bank account. For the Toronto North Stars, picking up Montgomery is a selection that is incredibly safe and promising because the North Stars might be looking to future defense options with Rhys and Kruger regressions beginning to take affect, as well as the fact that bilbo’s previous player Dieter Dominique played an outstanding 13 seasons with only the New England Wolfpack, making this pick a promising pick with very low flight risk in Montgomery. Let’s not forget that Bilbo is literally the best bread to have in your locker room.

11th Overall - Chiefs
Select defenseman Slip McScruff - @Scrufdaddy
TPE: 275
Bank: $2,200,000

Some might say this top TPE earning defenseman in this draft class really SLIPPED down the draft board. Despite earning TPE at an extremely promising rate and looking like one of the better actives in this draft class, a major turn away for many teams would be McScruff bank account. He does make media regularly however, but may need to pick it up to really stack up his bank account. This is something the Chiefs would likely hope for and can get from a guy like McScruff. It only makes sense the Chiefs take this defenseman however, he’s the best player on the board because he earns at a great rate, as well as the Minnesota Chiefs extreme lack at defense, with their only active defenseman being the young Geoff Moore. I think at 11 we’d be seeing the steal of the draft if McScruff did drop this far, however time will tell.

12th Overall - Riot (Via Blizzard)
Select winger Nolan Sawchuk - @Jepox
TPE: 254
Bank: $22,700,000

The Seattle Riot select a solid earning forward with the 12th overall pick in Nolan Sawchuk. Jepox has been earning TPE at a solid rate, doing almost every PT task there is to do. Sawchuks bank account has been quite solid, sitting at over 20 million, and has been doing graphics occasionally, making bank account a non issue. Sawchuk is quite a safe pick, maybe something the Riot need at this point considering their luck lately, as Jepox’s previous player Cameron Dubois reached around 900 TPE. The ceiling isn’t the greatest at 900 TPE, but if the Riot can see Sawchuk reach over 900 or even over 1000, which seems pretty likely, this pick is quite solid for a team that needs a win.

13th Overall - Jets
Select defenseman Sanyi Kocsis - @daBenchwarmer
TPE: 261
Bank: $23,940,000

This pick is much like the Nolan Sawchuk pick, a solid pick with an OK ceiling. Benches first and previous player did reach around 900 TPE as well, and is also sitting at around 20 million, with the occasional. The Jets would be picking up a solid piece, and considering how stacked they are, a safe pick that will likely pan out to be solid is something or even better they’d be happy with.

14th Overall - Steelhawks (via Platoon)
Select center Zivan Zidek - @Samee
TPE: 242
Bank: $8,610,500

Great now I have to talk about myself. It’s an OK pick for the Hamilton Steelhawks, someone with some potential and can pan out to be something quite fantastic. Zidek earns at a solid rate, nothing incredibly impressive, and puts out enough media to maintain a solid bank account. A lot of teams could likely avoid Zidek however, he has a history of drama on the site and has had two previous players, one going over 1000 TPE but not reaching regression and the other being a total bust. But at 14 Overall, despite being risky might be the best player available for the Hamilton Steelhawks. Zidek could be an incredibly key part of the future center core of the Steelhawks, but time will tell.

15th Overall - pride
Select center Andy Kerr - @Snuffalupagus
TPE: 240
Bank: $77,400,000

Snuffs previous player is arguably one of the greatest in San Francisco/Portland history. Despite Andy Kerr not being the most active at all, and not being really that active in the last few months, it’s a safe pick for the Pride especially with the history between the two factored in. Contracts absolutely won’t be an issue, Snuff carrying a 77.4 million dollar bank account, he’s basically set for the rest of his career.

16th Overall - Chiefs (via Riot)
Select defenseman Nate Emerson - @Thelastheraclid
TPE: 246
Bank: $1,800,000

It's the best player available for the Minnesota Chiefs, and a great one. Nate Emerson has been earning TPE at a good rate, and has been doing plenty of media throughout the season to keep his bank in solid shape (not represented by these numbers, lol). It’s perfect for Minnesota,  as mentioned earlier they have a great lack at defense. Emerson could be a key piece of the future top 4 for Minnesota, making it even more attractive for the Chiefs organization.

17th Overall - Rage
Select winger Jakub Novak - @Esso2264
TPE: 232
Bank: $2,895,000

Jakub Novak is another one of those solid TPE earners of this draft class, however doesn’t hold a promising bank account, making 17th Overall the perfect placement for this winger. He is however a great active guy in the locker room. For Manhattan it helps a significant need for them, as they lack shooting wingers. Novak definitely has the potential to be the steal of the draft, and the Rage would likely take the chance on this young sniper.

18th Overall - Stampede
Select defenseman Samuel Jalopski - @ThatDamnWalrus
TPE: 267
Bank: $13,000,047

A very familiar person to the Buffalo Stampede is TDW. He’s a great TPE earner in this draft, and his previous player made it to just over 1000 TPE. He drops because of reputation, as well as his previous player not being superb, but solid. It really just is the best player available for the Buffalo Stampede here.

19th Overall - pride (via Platoon)
Select center Nickolas Klaus - @Noble
TPE: 263
Bank: $3,735,000

Wow another person with a reputation. Noble will see himself drop a ton despite being active and producing some media, because of the reputation of MULTIs that follow him everywhere. Along with the whole thing where his last 4 players have barely been active. This time around Klaus seems to be much more promising, debatably the best player available for the Pride, possibly proving himself as one of the steals of this draft class.
(he’s pretty cool in the Knights LR draft him)

20th Overall - Platoon (via Renegades)
Select defenseman Vegeta Muerto - @Vegeta
TPE: 258
Bank: $1,200,000

Is it a risky pick if it’s probably King’s multi?
The 13th ranked in TPE falls a little bit down to the Minnesota Chiefs. Minnesota is getting a player who has been doing nearly all possible TPE tasks, and earning at a good rate. One major concern teams have about Muerto is he is a potential flight risk because he is quite close to @King.

21st Overall - Steelhawks
Select defenseman Jacob Geza - @Meursault
TPE: 223
Bank: -$600,000

Best player available again, is the OK TPE earner. He does most PT’s and such, but doesn’t really earn much money. Hamilton grab a low risk pick who does have potential at 21, and a position that is a significant team need considering they do need some future defense, but that’s about it.

22nd Overall - Dragons
Select winger Griffith Cadwalader - @Ferdy
TPE: 248
Bank: $36,700,000

Unfortunately Ferdy hasn’t logged on a few days, however the Dragons will absolutley take the chance on drafting Cadwalader. He has earned at a solid rate, putting him around the middle of the class in terms of TPE, and also has an absolutely stacked bank account at just over 36 million. On top of this, his previous player has connections with the Calgary GMs. You just know Esa knows this dude somehow, and he’s going to pick him up as it is quite a low risk pick at 22 overall.

23rd Overall - Wolfpack (via Panthers)
Select defenseman Jimmy Cahill - @JLysohirka
TPE: 220
Bank: 8,120,000

There ain’t much problem taking Jimmy Cahill with a low pick at 23 overall. Cahill is one of those semi actives this draft, updating in groups and such and growing his player slowly, but solid. It’s another value pick, and a low risk pick for the New England Wolfpack who hope to be getting a nice solid defenseman in the future, or trade bait.

24th Overall - Stars
Select winger Hiro Fujikawa - @Marley
TPE: 266
Bank: $21,638,000

It’s weird seeing a top earner with a good bank account drop this far, especially when they are on the site. Unfortunately for Marley, his reputation of a few years ago still follows him around, over something kinda shitty. I do hope Marley does get picked up because he’s nothing but nice with me, and will probably pan out to have a good player, with his previous player reaching over 1.1k TPE. If there's a team that does bring Marley back, its the North Stars, a team that Marley has a good relationship.

25th Overall - pride (via Chiefs)
Select center Ty Hoover - @Hoovuh
TPE: 218
Bank: $4,000,000

There really isn’t much left at 25 overall. Hoover is the only “active” available, however in the last 10 seasons with his recreates, nobody can really recall the last time Hoovuh has made it out of juniors. Maybe he’ll make it this time?

26th Overall - pride (via Blizzard)
Select winger Arsène Arsenich - @Kris
TPE: 244
Bank: $3,500,000

Unfortunately Kris may have gone inactive, but it’s only been a few days. If he does come back, chances are he won’t move up much as his previous players haven’t had any real success. Could be a steal, once again the Pride would have to lucky.

27th Overall - Jets
Select goalie Aleksandr Aleksandrov - @dmuda11
TPE: 203
Bank: $10,600,000

Aleksandrov. Ah yes. He hasn’t logged on to the site in almost a week now, but has been around on discord. Flappy would know. They could be needing a goalie for the future, maybe not, but it’s possible the Jets management believe they can bring Aleksandrov back to the SHL. Probably not though #careerSMJHLer

28th Overall - Platoon
Select winger William Goose - @polan70
TPE: 239
Bank: $0

I think he’s gone inactive, but before that he was earning at a very solid rate. If he returns to the site, he easily moves up in this draft. Possible the Platoon could see a steal in Willian Goose, and if he does come back they sure won’t regret it.

And that’s my S45 Draft Ranking. I don’t know why I wrote so much, but I really hope you guys liked it. Thanks for reading!

>me trying to boost my draft stock putting our 3 articles over 2k words

12-10-2018, 08:09 PMSamee Wrote: >me trying to boost my draft stock putting our 3 articles over 2k words

nerd

[Image: sour_chin_music.gif]

[Image: HoJ50Az.png][Image: bbtqOQr.png]
Gif sig by Gillon
Other sig by ml

nice job, samee

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Thanks samee, very cool

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Everyone wants to be on my team samee u nerd

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

samee putting in work

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

[Image: YdZZyjf.gif]

ily

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

this fucking sucks

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 09:02 PM by BigTittySmitty. Edit Reason: tag bottas :) )

Give me @vbottas17 .... or give me undrafted !

But 9th overall is fucking insane if you think he'd use that pick on Yoshimura. He's no fool

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

12-10-2018, 08:34 PMdaBenchwarmer Wrote: this fucking sucks

like u Laughing

[Image: 3.png]

Gotta get that bread to bump my draft stock

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

12-10-2018, 08:35 PMBigTittySmitty Wrote: Give me Bottas.... or give me undrafted !

But 9th overall is fucking insane if you think he'd use that pick on Yoshimura. He's no fool

smitty Heart

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 08:41 PM by BigTittySmitty.)

12-10-2018, 08:40 PMkit Wrote:
12-10-2018, 08:35 PMBigTittySmitty Wrote: Give me Bottas.... or give me undrafted !

smitty  Heart

kit Heart

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

If Marley lasts to 24th ov I'll eat a pizza

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]