Create Account

S45 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospect Thread

1. Do you use discord? If so whats your discord ID? (and feel free to add me King_#2628)
kyl#2151

2. In the SHL you make money through some combination of media, graphics and jobs. How do you plan on earning money?
I dont

3. Once drafted to the SMJHL you'll have one season till you're drafted to the SHL. Once drafted to the SHL how many seasons do you plan on staying in juniors?
Depends on me and my teams situations

4. How open are you to feedback with your players build?
open

5. To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead)
University Life

6. This may be a hard one, and you can tier them if you like. Whats the order of your preference for which SMJHL team you go to? Why are the Raiders where they are in that ranking?
Haven't looked into all the teams enough to have a proper ranking yet.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 11:42 PM by Vandy. Edit Reason: Typo oops :P )

1. Do you use discord? If so whats your discord ID? (and feel free to add me King_#2628)
I do, OldeDelaware#2157

2. In the SHL you make money through some combination of media, graphics and jobs. How do you plan on earning money?
I have experience writing stories in other games and a lot of previous Admin experience in other games, probably a little of Media and a little of Jobs.

3. Once drafted to the SMJHL you'll have one season till you're drafted to the SHL. Once drafted to the SHL how many seasons do you plan on staying in juniors?
3 is the number I am shooting for, enough time to learn how the game works and develop properly. I don't wanna rush development.

Incredibly, I'd rather be doing it right and getting the best bang out of my guy than doing it wrong.

5. To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead)
Well, I'm 31 and I am from Wilmington Delaware. I currently work as a caregiver. I own a cat and a dog and my favorite team is the Philadelphia Flyers.

6. This may be a hard one, and you can tier them if you like. Whats the order of your preference for which SMJHL team you go to? Why are the Raiders where they are in that ranking?
1. Montreal
2. Raiders
3. Knights
4. Whalers

Montreal is first because it was the first place I applied and loyalty to me is everything. Even though I applied with the Whalers before I applied here, I got a message in the interim from the King which was just so friendly and kind that I put the Raiders second. I figured why not apply, even if I don't get picked, the kindness of the King was enough to bring me by and put my interest out there Smile

Yes, bsellis14

Probably mostly media and graphics as I am very comfortable with writing and photoshop, but I would also love to do a job once I get the league all figured out. 

-It depends on how comfortable I feel, and also what we have accomplished during my time on the team in juniors. 

-Give me as much feedback as you think is necessary, I'm very green.

-Right now I'm a 22 year old student from Canada studying journalism. I'm a big sports guy, I love hockey, football and basketball but I'll watch anything. My hometown Calgary Flames are my NHL team. I like to think I'm pretty easy going and flexible. I'm just looking forward to getting to know everybody on the team.

I would say that all the teams are more or less even for me, however I think it would be interesting to join a team that did not make the playoffs last year to try and see if we can build some success over a few years. So on that note Halifax and Kelowna are teams to build (since if I'm not mistaken those were the two teams that did not make the playoffs last year) but I would be happy just to get on any team. 

[Image: 57238_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 11:58 PM by Off.)

12-12-2018, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2018, 12:41 PM by King.)

offoranger #5037

Mostly Jobs and maybe some media, depending on how in depth the graphics are, I may take a crack at that as well.

2-3 sounds like the plan for me, unless i need more development, in which case I may be here longer. I doubt my first time char is generational, nor do I want to rush anything. 

I have the core Idea I want to build around, but ill take what ever help I can get. 

21, Junior in college in NJ USA. Working at an Airport as well. Can't complain about my life, big hockey, history, aviation fan. Love learning and cant wait to get into this!

Ill be honest, I am not trying to bias myself with information from one team to another. I hope to go to a team that needs a defenseman like me on their team.

[Image: Off.gif]

12-12-2018, 10:17 PMKing Wrote: 1. Do you use discord? If so whats your discord ID? (and feel free to add me King_#2628) - Yes, 0880

2. In the SHL you make money through some combination of media, graphics and jobs. How do you plan on earning money? I don't 

3. Once drafted to the SMJHL you'll have one season till you're drafted to the SHL. Once drafted to the SHL how many seasons do you plan on staying in juniors? 2-3

4. How open are you to feedback with your players build? Very - this is my first season

5. To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead) - work full-time remote (IT field), live in MI, followed/played hockey all my life, fuck the Pens

6. This may be a hard one, and you can tier them if you like. Whats the order of your preference for which SMJHL team you go to? Why are the Raiders where they are in that ranking? St. Louis - Halifax - Detroit.      St. Louis seems to have a winning culture, but I really like your logo. 

[Image: paradise.png]

I don't
I already have 50m lol
2-3
I pretty much have a set plan on how I want to build. I have a lot of experience with the sim engine.
I'm a world traveler currently living in Seoul
Whalers 1st because they are my first team ever back in S4
Everyone else tied for 2nd

Yes, and PM'd

I'm thinking of writing articles but we'll see when the time comes.

At least 1, but whatever is best for my player's development

Very open. I'm new and I can use any help I can get.

Discord.

Tier 1:
Whalers
Raiders

Tier 2:
Everyone else

The whalers are at the top because they're my home team. The raiders are there because you're the first GM to reach out to me, and you did it before I even posted here!

P.S. Don't show the other GMs that ranking

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Hello!

1) Discord tag is in my sig, i'm always active

2) Main income will be through media, maybe some jobs if it isn't enough

3) I plan on staying as long as it takes to be SHL ready

4) Criticism is a part of improvement, i'll happily take on board all suggestions

5) I'm 19, working in a pizza place till I find a "real" job. I did start Uni but decided it wasn't for me, so now i'm looking for a career to get into

6) Raiders and Falcons are currently at the top of my list, simply due to the fact they contacted me welcoming me! But overall i'm happy with any team where I can fit into the roster

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Yes, bk1689 2437

Media and maybe a job later on

Whatever we figure is best between myself and the gems

Very open

29, 2 kids, engaged. Mechanic at a dealership up in Nova Scotia. Need to know anything, just ask

Tough one to rank, as of right now I'd honestly rank them all the same. I know its a cop out, but I'm just looking forward to getting drafted. Although I am from Nova Scotia, so being drafted by Halifax would be kinda fun

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Yup, Nerio#8922

Likely graphics and jobs but I'm still kind of new so I'll have to see what makes sense later

I'm guessing 3 but I'm not entirely sure how long things will take to progress

I'm pretty set on trying to be a playmaking forward, but within that I'm open to any help I can get

Work full time, 30 y/o, play a lot of video games and watch a lot of hockey.

Being new I'm open to any team that thinks I'd be a good fit, so they're all at the top of my list!

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Yep! gillon#1281

Probably a combination of media and jobs, I'd say.

I don't mind sticking around for a longer while than what is usual if the team needs it, I'm really open to feedback on this part.

Wide open, broski.

29, working (Telecom business). Always been big on gaming/IT/tech in general, and always loved hockey. Followed my local team in Sweden (Luleå HF) for as long as I can remember which is probably a big part of that.

Haha, at this point I think everyone seems like really cool people, so it'd be on the basis of how dope I think team names/logos are. With that said;

Tier 1:  raiders Falcons Scarecrows
Tier 2:  Whalers Knights Armada
Tier 3:  Raptors Militia

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

I do! Wulfsbach#7520

Im not really sure yet probably media.

Probably 3-5. I want to dominate juniors before moving on up, and grow as a player.

100% willing to change anything needed of me.

Currently job hunting while working part-time. I'm basically 25 at this point less than a month till my birthday and I am a full-stack developer. Feel free to ask me anything.

The Raiders are probably my number 2 team.

The order would be. (TOP5)
1. Militia
2. raiders
3. Whalers
4. Armada
5. Knights

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Yes and its Astatine #2102
I'm not very good at creating media or graphics but will try some media? So likely a job of some kind.
I plan to max out TPEs if i can for juniors!
I will listen to all the vets on how to change my player!
I'm 26 and working in an accounting firm. Usually play video games after work and probably check reddit way too much! 
Honestly since i'm new and don't know much about each individual team i'm just glad to participate and i'll have a blast on any team !

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Yes, BRayne7#6671
Some media and maybe pick up a job or two
Depends on goalie situation of that SHL team
Reasonably
24, Translator
First among teams I have no connection to (that is above everyone besides Whalers and Knights), first team to contact me plus interesting team design.

[Image: Ushakov.png]

Not often. However I could see that changing quickly. u/ ManitobaMakeoutKing#5495

I plan on making my keep via media and jobs.

Between 2-3

Pretty damn open.

I'm in my early 20's, and fully employed as a shift worker. I play a couple instruments, and have recently started to get back into music production. Love the Jets, goofing around with my bros, and disappointing my girlfriend. Been known to play the occasional video game, and drink many single beers.

At this point I'm just looking for the opportunity to get skates on the ice and contribute to any franchise I can. However I would love for the opportunity to help the Raiders break down the barrier, and qualify for the playoffs this season.

Dickens Makeout-King
Lethbridge Lion
69th Overall Pick S45 SMJHL Draft
Lover
LW
[Image: Lions.png]