Create Account

S45 Montreal Militia Interested Prospects
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 01:09 PM by BarnabasCollins.)

Welcome Prospects. My name is Jearim and I am the Co-GM of the Montreal Militia. With the draft just up ahead, these questions will help us get to know you a little. If you have any questions please feel free to PM us on the SHL site.

1 -player name and position.

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen)

3- are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league ( please be detailed) ?

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money?

5-What are your expectations from the team that drafts you, especially if your a goalie?

6-What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft?

7- Would you like to be a member of the Montreal Militia, why or why not?

8-Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 ( 1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week,3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day)

9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with?

10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team?

11-What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

12-How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)?

13-very important…….. Waffles or Pancakes?

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

Borromini Cannellini

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen)
Scoring centerman

3- are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league ( please be detailed) ?
Nah

4-What are your expectations from the team that drafts you, especially if your a goalie?
Be good and have active people around, please

5-What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft?
I am kind of active

6- Would you like to be a member of the Montreal Militia, why or why not?
Sure, they were my first team when I made my first player back in the day

7-Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 ( 1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week,3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day)

8- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with?
Yes

9- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team?
No

10-What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Locker room

11-How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)?
1-2 seasons

12-very important…….. Waffles or Pancakes?
Pancakes

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Osbert Whacker - D

You already lost me with those extra descriptions....two-way D player let's leave it at that

Kind of....like back in august I went through a year in the minors, but left. having fun in VHL so figured I'd give this one another shot.

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money?
Yeah I know how PTs work and earn money and stuff

5-What are your expectations from the team that drafts you, especially if your a goalie?
just give suggestions on builds and to keep me informed on possible TPE or money opportunities I may not be aware of

I don't know that it really sets me apart, but I'm have a long track record of being a good earner in these leagues.

I want to be anywhere that wants me really

8-Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 ( 1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week,3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day)

9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with?
yep

10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team?
all suggestions welcome

11-What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
in the minors more so locker room, winning ain't bad either tho

no idea tbh

pancakes

[Image: wHACKER.png]

Defenseman Nikolai Evans

Shoot-first offensive defenseman

Nah, I've been around a bit.

I do. Can't guarantee it will actually make me good.

It's juniors. I love juniors, I'll have a good time. Also, it's juniors. Teams cycle through talent. I'll just accept wherever I am in your cycle. It's no biggie.

I have a southern accent.

It would certainly be a twist after spending my last player's SMJHL career in a fierce rivalry with you guys. I'm cool with it though.

Sure

Nope

Since you clearly copied this question verbatim from Kelowna, you can get the same answer.

[Image: giphy.gif]

No preference. I'll leave it up entirely to my SHL team.

Pancakes, fight me, I know how you Kelowna people are. Oh, wait, that doesn't work with this one. Hm.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

1. Mike Hunt G

2. The man who save your asses when y'all let a breakaway through <3

3. I am new I ask for very little friends and fortune dont know how to be detailed I just want Mike Hunt famous

4.some of it I'm very new I understand activity checks and training and media dont know about PTs and stuff yet tho all I know is it's something about tpe 

5. I expect you all to try as hard as your schedule allows you and to not be a dick that's all I just want to all work hard together and maybe win a cup and if I'm not working hard enough for you kick my ass for it but maybe just try telling me what I should be doing first I'll probably do it

6. I'm a goalie I'm not a recreate which makes me a risk OR A WILD CARD *cue inspirational music* Ima work my ass off for you champ

7. Yea sure honestly I haven't talked to many people so I'm hoping y'all a friendly and joke around I dont know enough about any team to really say I have a formal opinion very new very still figuring things out (I like tips)

8. 4.5 I check for messages and alerts on the site every day but if i dont get to the computer at some point i dont always read through the newest posts but i usually still so on my phone

9. Yup use it whenever I'm on for games anyway

10. Nope go for it I wanna help the team my dude

11. Locker room let's all work hard together and win as a family

12. Realky I dont know I dont really know how it workkkss and I'm flying by the seat of my pants

13. Waffles they have structure and I do not opposites attract man

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

Daniel Smeb C

Playmaking Center

no

no

none

nothing

Sure because they are a team in the SMJHL

Yes

no

Locker Room

Pancakes

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Basil Magnicotta

Shooting defenseman

Recreate. Hoping to stick around for good this time!

Yes, I know the drill!

As long as I play, it doesn't matter where on the lineup, I'm good.

Defenseman with high scoring/low passing. MUCH more likely to shoot first.

Yes, i will play for any team that drafts me!

Yes!

As long as it doesn't cost me a bunch of money to retrain things, I'm open to any build suggestions for the team.

Why not both? LR comes first, good active LR makes championships

Probably 3?

I like both, but prefer waffles

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Aleksi O'Koivu-Volkova, Goalie

Record setting goalie

Oh no no... way too much of my life spent here.

Hell yeah dudes

To hit 350 in juniors and keep gaining in the SHL... build accordingly... and stay active.

I've been here before... I had a first stab with OOK... and I think did well with the time I had him. I have much larger goals with AOV.

Definitely open to it! Love knowing that @BarnabasCollins is at the helm!

Absolutely

Definitely open to considerations... but have planned this build and tested it for a year now.

I like close-knit locker rooms as they build good teams... I want to win tho... Championships... Multiple.

I'd say 3-4 unless needed in the SHL for some weird reason.

Swedish Pancakes.

[Image: Wally.png]

LW - Kit Smeb

Snipe snipe snipe

nope

yep

to be able to hopefulyl play with my brothers, otherwise jsut that theyd put me on a line with someone who can dish it to me

I have a HoF player and have been active for 4 years

ya sure, they are a good team with some good ppl

yep

ya sure

both are important, in smjhl its about LR

2-3

pancakes

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Olivier Cloutier, RW

snipe-y sniper! i'm looking to rack up the points instead of the hits for a change.

nope.

yup.

just to be a fun place to hang out Smile

well, I'd love to say my experience on the SHL, but this is such an incredible recreate class. ig that combined with my stellar personality? i'm pretty chill and will make an effort to make the LR a fun place to be.

sure, I've always heard nice things about the Militia, and I'd love to try a new LR.

100%

not at all, I know how helpful that can be from my own GM experience

the LR Smile

as long as my SHL team allows

waffles..........but Cloutier is a blank slate, and his opinions may differ if necessary

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Michael Scarn, center

Speedy sniper fits that perfectly.

Yeah, I'm new. Had my reservations on joining from PBE and NSFL so I'm cautious.

Yep, I know how to do it all. Don't know much about which attributes are most important though.

I expect to play, really. Hopefully a nice locker room.

I have a pretty solid sim league background from those 2 leagues I mentioned.

Sure. I don't know too much about the SMJHL or SHL so I'm keeping my mind open.

Definitely 5 if that's the criteria.

Yep, works great for me.

I think so. But my SHL build comes first.

Locker room.

I guess it depends on my development. I heard 3 is about right.

Pancakes. Who copied who for this questionnaire?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Jimmy Slothface - RW

Speedy sniper (but hoping to be well rounded)

Very new!  I've always enjoyed the transactional/development side to hockey video games rather than gameplay so this seems right up my alley.  I'm looking at it as a new hobby where I can nerd out in player development and make new friends on my team and in my league.

I believe I have a crude understanding and have already done my initial updates absent working on some media.  I am still a little hazy on keeping track of my bank account.  I probably could use help in player development as far as guiding where I improve, etc.

Hoping we have a positive season as far as team results and individual player development, and also hoping to meet some cool people.  Mostly I'm looking to improve myself and learn this game!

I have a decent amount of down time during work and enjoy being online after work, so along with usually throwing myself deep into a new hobby I have a a lot of time to offer

I would love to be a part of any team!  If Montreal is interested in my skillset I would love to grow with the team.

I would say 4 most weeks and 5 otherwise

Yes, I now have the Discord app on my phone!

I am already second-guessing my initial set up so yes!

I believe a close-knit locker room leads to championships

As long as necessary to develop into a SHL contributor!

Waffles!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Nick Brain, Right Winger

All-around Power forward who can be a presence on the 2nd to 4th lines.

My expectations are to get on a team, show some good grit per 60 min, make some friends, and have a good time.

I'm new so not really, but I'll learn.

Mentioned already but I'm aiming for a bottom 9 role.

I have realistic expectations and am open to some flexibility with my guy, although I want to maintain a certain spirit to how the Brainiac develops, as hes based off a legendary UK player in the EA NHL games whos dear to my heart.

I'd like to be a member of whatever team wants me, I don't have a dog in the fight for the leagues yet, so to speak.

would be between 3 and 5, but I'd be a ping away on Discord if its necessary for me to stay on top of the ball for certain situations.

Of course!

I want to keep a certain baseline as I said earlier.

Building a close-knit locker room

It'll depend how my guy develops

Waffles just for ease of access. You cant always buy Eggo pancakes.

1 -Player name and position.
Eric Vanderberg - Defenseman

In essence I am going for an Andrei Markov, a capable passing/scoring Defenseman who isn't afraid to get down into the trenches and use the body when needed.

3- Are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league (please be detailed)?
I am new. My expectations, that's a little harder to pin down because I don't know exactly what to expect. From the forums, the game looks pretty fun. I do forum games so utilizing the forum isn't new to me. I guess I am expecting a mix between the FHL Games I grew up with and some light roleplay. Either way, I am definitely down to have some fun.

Yes.

I expect the team will use me as the team sees fit and help me grow into hopefully a great SHL player.

My player has heart and discipline, he's well conditioned and willing to work as hard as it takes either on the 1st pairing or on the 3rd, if he is in the Press Box or not. He's going to be there night in and night out for this club.

I'd love to, first the name Montreal Militia is creative as heck and just sounds like a team name. It sounds like a group of folks I would want to go to war with, pun intended. Also, it was the first name in the SMJHL Team List that actually jumped out at me as a place I would love to learn from.

Yes

No, whatever the team needs.

Locker Room

3 Seasons, I'd like to have a firm grasp of the game before I move on, plus I'd really like to get to know my teammates before I just jet off to stardom.

Waffles!!

Patrice Nadeau , Goaltender

Hybrid Goaltender

Yes. Nothing really just enjoy simulation type games and feel that all hockey related simulation games lack a player mode function and I am looking forward to working with that here.

Yes I do.

Slowly work my way into the line-up and given a fair chance.

I think that I work hard and have what it takes to be a great player in this league. 

Definitely I would love to be a member of the Monteal Militia because I am from Quebec and see it as my home town team.

Yes

Yes, whatever is needed of me.

Building a close-knit locker room

3 or 4 seasons, whatever it takes to develop.

Hard hard question. I wanna say pancakes but I also love waffles. Pancakes for now.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]