Create Account

S45 Montreal Militia Interested Prospects

1 -player name and position.
Parker Smeb/RW

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen)
Scoring two way F.

3- are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league ( please be detailed) ?
Been here since S8.

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money?
Yes

5-What are your expectations from the team that drafts you, especially if your a goalie?
I'm not a goalie but I'm expecting to play goal.

6-What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft?
My brain.

7- Would you like to be a member of the Montreal Militia, why or why not?
Sure

8-Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 ( 1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week,3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day)

9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with?
Yes

10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team?
Not opposed as long as changes are reasonable.

11-What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Why not both. Active team is definitely more important in SMJHL since its a developmental league.

12-How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)?

13-very important…….. Waffles or Pancakes?

Waffles AINEC.

Bernik Vrzala

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen)

I am trying to build a Defensive Defenseman that is speedy enough to cover blown coverage and be a menace in his own end.

3- are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league ( please be detailed) ?

Brand new, and to be honest, No idea what to expect, just hope to have some fun and talk hockey with a bunch of great people while being somewhat competitive 

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money?

I have a pretty good understanding that there is a lot of work that goes into making sure your player gets better. There are plenty of opportunities to earn TPE 

5-What are your expectations from the team that drafts you, especially if your a goalie?

That they are willing to help me develop and get me ready for the Big leagues when I end up getting there. 

Hoping that my speed and defensive discipline sets me apart from others.

Absolutely, they sound like a competitive team! 

8-Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 ( 1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week,3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day)

3 or 4 depending on my workload in real life. 

9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with?

On discord daily 

10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team?

I like the core idea of my player, but i'm here to learn and be as useful as possible. 

11-What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

A Close-Knit locker room can, even when losing, build winning memories. 

2-3 Seasons as I am told that this is regular, although im not opposed to staying if my player needs it. 

Waffles

[Image: Off.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 12:27 AM by bsellis14.)

-Andris Dzerins - C

-Defensive-minded Two-Way Centre

Yes. I'm excited. I am not really sure what to expect. I'm just looking for a fun activity to pass the time, and to meet some like-minded people who like hockey and these types of things. 

-Yes, I am still getting the hang of it, but I understand the process now. 

-Just looking for a good opportunity to grow my player and learn the ins and outs of the SHL.

I think just the commitment. I'll make time for this every day to make sure that our team and my player are improving.  

Yes. The Militia made the playoffs last season, but didn't win it all. I think I can be one of the pieces to help this team over the hump and win a championship. 

Yes

Nope

-I would say building a close-knit locker room. If you have a close-knit locker room with great chemistry, I think the championships just come as a by-product of that. 

2-3 years. Depends how long it takes me to feel completely comfortable and have my player where I want him to be. 

13-Pancakes and its not even close.

[Image: 57238_s.gif]

Oleg Scoreov-LW

Sniper with silky mits and good on his skates

I am new! I didn't really have any expectations coming in but i am impressed!

I do understand how it works

Work as a team to get the wins

Oleg will bring the goals!

Sure would

Fine with that

Sure am

Building the locker room will bring the championships

2-3 seasons

waffles no doubt

Dickens Makeout-King. LW. Playmaker.

Quick, fit playmaker with a fat wrench of a pass.

An opportunity to interact and goof around with other hockey fans from around the world, while working towards a collective goal.

I believe I do yes. Thinking I'll work the media train to do so.

Creating an atmosphere that revolves around a thick, tight, and solid dressing room. This atmosphere will help lead to championships.

I am absolutely terrible with peer pressure.

I would RELISH the opportunity to be a part of the high flying quebecois circus. An opportunity to play with a franchise like the Militia gets me revved up.

4-5

Don't have a ton of experience with discord, however I'm open to using it much more.

Not one bit.

The two go hand in hand. The rooms gotta be purl stitch tight in order to achieve success.

2-3 seasons

"And in the morning, I'm makin waffles" -Donkey from Shrek

Dickens Makeout-King
Lethbridge Lion
69th Overall Pick S45 SMJHL Draft
Lover
LW
[Image: Lions.png]

Chico Smeb Dman
Smooth skating, puck moving Dman that can play D
Not new
Yes
Just have a good time
Experience
Yes but I'm a leafs fan, so boooo MTL
I don't use it
I have a set plan, I know the sim engine very well.
locker room
pancakes by far

1- player name and position.
Guy Zheng - D

Shooting/playmaking defenseman

I'm hoping to have a good time. I'm a big fan of Eastside Hockey Manager so hopefully this league scratches a similar itch for me. Would be nice to meet some new people too.

I think I understand it now, but I'll ask if I have any questions.

5- What are your expectations from the team that drafts you, especially if your a goalie?
I'd like a good amount of play time on the roster.

6- What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft?
It looks like there's a lack of Dmen in this draft, so that's a plus for me. Since joining, I think I've commented on more posts than many other prospects too, so I'm active!

Do people ever say no to this question? You guys seem nice and non-stressful

8- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 ( 1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week,3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day)
Currently 5, might cool down to a 4

Yep

To an extent. I'd really like to still be an offensive Dman with a hard shot

11- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Does this question mean the team's not very good? Kidding... close-knit locker room sounds good to me.

12- How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)?
2 if all goes well, but more if my player needs it.

13- very important…….. Waffles or Pancakes?
Waffles

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Brennan Kennedy Jr, Defensemen

Pass first offensive Dman

I'm a recreate

Yes sir

Just looking for some activity, and potentially some help as I relearn the ropes around here

I think my level of dedication will

For sure, was with them on my first time around and enjoyed it

For sure

Not at all

Why not both?

Depends on the needs of the SHL team that gets me

Pancakes

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Hey! 

1) Perry Morgan - Defence

2) A player who's always ready to charge with the forwards on a breakaway, but also able to get back to help defence

3) Yep, first timer in the SHL. I took part in a sim-F1 league which, while fun, was hard for more than one person to get involved per team, which meant interest dwindled. Ultimately i'm looking for a fun rewarding experience and watching my player grow into a potential SHL star

4) Yep, took me a short while but I wrapped my head around the system and i'm already at work improving my player and will begin making money shortly

5) I expect a team that can finish off good plays, and that can communicate well when something needs to be done differently

6) I'm a D-man who knows how to play with a puck and get it to good scoring opportunities

7) Not sure on this once, my French isn't up to scratch. 

8) 4-5

9) Yep, i'm active on Discord

10) To some extent yes, but I would want to make sure the changes are still somewhat within my ideals

11) Ultimately it'd probably be a championship, but i'd want to do it with a somewhat close team

12) Gonna have to be pancakes for me

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Bobby Sharp - Center

Playmaker

Brand new - based on what I've seen this looks like a way to sort of capture the same experience I had making characters in old NHL games and watching them progress up, combined with the experience I had playing youth hockey through college. Seems pretty awesome to me.

Sort of, I've gotten my feet wet with it and updating my player based on a few intro tasks. I understand money is pretty important since it lets you train and get gear, so I'll have to experiment with media/graphics.

I expect them to help me out especially as a rookie, as well as lean on me when I can stand on my own.

I'm a solid playmaker with a keen eye for the game

Tbh I like the alliteration in the name, one of only a few of the teams with it.

I'd guess 4-5, mostly multiple times a day with occasional missed days due to other obligations

Yeah works for me

Yeah if it makes sense to do so

Close-knit rooms are always better

I would guess 3, not really sure how long it takes to develop

Waffles for sure

1 -player name and position. - PJ Paradise, PWF RW

2- Describe the kind of player you are trying to build (i.e speedy sniper, hard hitting forward, shooting defensemen) - Eric Lindros 2.0

3- are you new to SHL? if so, what are your expectations of this simulation league ( please be detailed) ? Yes - I expect to work together to become #1, just like real life

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn tpe and money? - for the most part, yes. I just joined yesterday, still learning the ropes

5-What are your expectations from the team that drafts you, especially if your a goalie? For the GM/staff to give me the guidance to become the best player in the league

6-What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft? The same skills that set Lindros 1.0 apart from his draft-mates

7- Would you like to be a member of the Montreal Militia, why or why not? Yes - I like your color scheme

8-Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 ( 1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week,3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day) 4-4.5

9- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with? Of course

10- Are you opposed to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team? depends what you're asking me to change.

11-What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? locker room chemistry. If the locker room sucks, why would i want to sign in?

12-How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)? 2

13-very important…….. Waffles or Pancakes? Fried chicken and waffles. Lots of Maple

[Image: paradise.png]

Kristoffer Svensson, Center.

Playmaking center, with good vision and hockey sense while still caring about defensive duties.

Yeah, I'm new. I've read some summaries of past games so I think kinda know what to expect from the sim specific part of it; but other than that I just expect a great community to be apart of. :-)

So far I think I've gotten an OK grasp of it, but I'm sure there are things to learn along the way!

Well, I'd like to get ice time, but ultimately I want the team to be successful, so whatever I'd have to do to make that possible would be my goal.

My teamwork skills!

Yeah! It seems like a great bunch of people, and I'm sure I'd learn a lot there.

I'd say a 3.5-4? I honestly depends, I can see myself diving even deeper if I get really into it.

Yup!

Nope, hit me with it!

Well, I believe the two go hand in hand, but I'd say being a closeknit group is a good foundation for the former.

Honestly, however long I am needed/wanted there. I'm really open to whatever on this point.

[Image: C1z7Wtd.jpg]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 01:30 PM by CKT.)

Raino Kyllönen, Center.

Playmaking Center

Yes. I don't have many expectations, I'm new to this setup, but I think just finding a cool community, having fun, chirping rival teams would be great.

Yes I do.

Give me gentle nudges in the right direction, pointers, things like that. Ice time isn't really too important but being a solid piece of the roster would be nice.

Putting the puck on your snipers' tape.

Sure, seems like a well run organisation with a great community and sense of teamwork.

Yeah absolutely.

Somewhat, yes, but it depends what you'd like me to change.

A close-knit locker room is a stepping stone on the way to championships. It's tough to bring home a cup without it.

2 to 3 seasons.

I prefer waffles, but pancakes are alright too.

[Image: H5SPYp4.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]
[Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Monkey D. Luffy, Center
Great hockey sense and able to pass and score, like RNH.
I'm new and don't really have an expectations, just something fun to do and hopefully do well and make some friends!
Yup i understand it all!
I just want to do my best and help my team win.
I'm active and try to do my best with whatever role is given to 
I would love to be on any team and help whichever one i'm on be the best.
Discord is the best
Not entirely, within reason tho.
I like winning but not at the cost of companionship.
probably 3, would like to try to max my TPE.
Waffles

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Yuri Ushakov Goalie
Reliable and not-to-flashy goalie
Second recreate (although large amounts of time in between both times)
Yes
Chance to show what I can do, on a semi regular basis
Existent, albeit shaky, history with the league
Sure
Sure
To a reasonable extent
Yes
Depends on goalie situation for this team and SHL team
Waffles

[Image: Ushakov.png]