Create Account

S45 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread

Hey there! 

I'm Tig, GM of the Detroit Falcons. After finishing first in the regular season and suffering a Game 7 semifinal loss for the second straight year, we're looking to get right back on the horse and finish what we started. This upcoming draft is a great opportunity for us to add new players that will help us both achieve that short-term goal of winning a championship and play a huge part in us maintaining our success as a team over the next several seasons.

As such, we're looking to get to know you a little better in advance of the draft. We've left a few questions below, and we're excited to read your responses. If you have any questions about the team, our experience as members of the Falcons organization, or are just looking for a little advice about the site, always feel free to PM me or my Co-GM, @grok.

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?[/b]

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?[/b]

[b]You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? [/b]

[b]Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?[/b]

[b]Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? [/b]

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?[/b]

[b]Share your best joke or meme[/b]

Best of luck in the draft, and welcome to the SMJHL!

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2018, 09:12 PM by ztevans.)

Do you have any previous sim league experience? A little bit.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis? Enough.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? Writing, vidja games, this bullshit. Lays' Barbeque. Carolina Hurricanes.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? That's up entirely to who drafts me in the SHL. No personal preference.

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? You fucks know the answer to that.

Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? A what?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Code:
]Do you have any previous sim league experience? Nope sorry man

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis? Idk I check in at least once daily try and keep up on my phone a fair bit at least

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? Dota lotta hours in that rainbow six or Europa 4 chip presidents choice buffalo blue crease oh I also listen to history podcasts

[b]You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? [/b]
Uhhhhhhhh idk kinda flying by the seat of my pants dont know enough about how it works
[b]Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? Discord all day every day whenever I'm on PC or when I remember to check my phone

[b]Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? FALCOOOOOON PUNCH

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? I'm new but I'll try my ass off if you give me some help

[b]Share your best joke or meme *silence* cyka blyat *hardbass* *Russians dancing drunk*

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

]Do you have any previous sim league experience? Nope sorry man

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis? [b]Idk I check in at least once daily try and keep up on my phone a fair bit at least

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? [b]Dota lotta hours in that rainbow six or Europa 4 chip presidents choice buffalo blue crease oh I also listen to history podcasts

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
Uhhhhhhhh idk kinda flying by the seat of my pants dont know enough about how it works

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? [b]Discord all day every day whenever I'm on PC or when I remember to check my phone

Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? [b]FALCOOOOOON PUNCH

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?[b] I'm new but I'll try my ass off if you give me some help

Share your best joke or meme[b] *silence* cyka blyat *hardbass* *Russians dancing drunk*
[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

Do you have any previous sim league experience?
the SHL only

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
A few times a week, maybe 6 hours-ish?

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
Work full-time, play old gaming systems (N64), favourite chips are ketchup, Colorado Avalance fan since I was 6!

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
About 3 seasons

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?
Open to either discord or forum communication

Do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
Yes, I'll give my best for any team that drafts me!

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?
Not that I can think of

Share your best joke or meme
A Roman walks into a bar and orders a martinus. the bartender, quizzical, asks "don't you mean a martini?" To which the Roman replies, "If I wanted a double, I would have asked for one!"

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

gomhl experience
How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
all the time everyday even in your sleep
What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
i spend time running away from sharks and cheering for the pens
im going to shl as fast as possible so prob 1-2 ssns
you already know that i use it
yes i am open to being a falcon again but i dont think u guys want me :(
lunga gumba

ShArE yOuR bEsT jOkE oR mEmE

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

Well... I do believe so. Smile

Way too much... pretty ridiculous amounts actually.

Work... that isn't the SHL/EFL/SBA. Don't really game much as of late... RDR possibly. Pringles... the Hawks.

Honestly... I really want to set records at both levels with the SHL being a priority. If my juniors team is on a run to have an established dynasty... I'm down for the Wins.

On it way too often.

I'm interested in everyone this time around.

Crush Cile was basically my interim projected while waiting to bring out my second generation goaltender. Well AOV is here... and I'm ready to do what I wanted to do with OOK.

Someone should let me be the finance manager.

[Image: Wally.png]

yea boi all of them, v successful
enough to make money for training and get all the tpe
play games n shit, do some work. favorite games are chel, cod, league, smash. Chips doritos for sure. Im a wild fan
2-3, depends on the shl team that drafts me
yes
yes exceptim p sure that slimeball wannabefinn is in your discord

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 06:52 PM by Jenny.)

oh, you know, just coming up on 3 years here, a year of that spent gm'ing in the SMJHL :D

enough to do all the PTs and hang out in the locker room a lot!

studying, reading, writing. i dabble with overwatch. all dressed chips are bae. i'm a home grown oilers fan.

as long as my SHL team will let me! i love juniors

yep!

wouldn't say no

not that I can think of!

[Image: tumblr_oth86bHaZa1qcuoh2o1_500.jpg]

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Yep, I'm in Pro Baseball Experience (PBE) and National Simulation Football League (NSFL)

Probably a good amount. Those 2 other leagues seem to capture more of my attention so far though.

I'm in college. So lots of classes and stuff. I'm not really into NHL, but the Bruins I guess?

No idea. I guess it depends on my development. I heard 3 is about right.

Yeah, check my Discord on the side.

Yes. I have an open mind to pretty much every team, I haven't done much research into teams here.

Nope, not really. Feel free to PM me!

I keep my memes private.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

I played some Out of the Park baseball sim a while ago, but not much

I imagine I can devote an average of around an hour a day over the course of a week, my work schedule can fluctuate though

I sadly spend most of my day at work, but overall I spend most of my time online (doing both at the moment).  My current video games I'm playing are Overwatch, Diablo 3, Fortnite, and Starcraft mostly on PC; BLOPS3 on XBOX;  Overcooked on the Switch; MLB the Show on Playstation.  I play beer league hockey badly in real life.  My favorite chips are either All Dressed or Doritos Salsa Verde.  A good tortilla chip with a good salsa can't be overlooked though.  I'm a Detroit Red Wings fan, along with all the other Detroit teams as well.

I'll take a much time as I need to develop and so I can help the big club up in the SHL!

I do, my discord is Slothfacekilla#7809

Of course!  I would love to be a part of any club that would have me (and am extra into a Detroit team)

I'm happy to discuss anything further on Discord!

There was a man in Bulgaria who drove a train for a living.

He loved his job, driving a train had been his dream ever since he was a child.

He loved to make the train go as fast as possible.

Unfortunately, one day he was a little too reckless and caused a crash.

He made it out, but a single person died.

Well, needless to say, he went to court over this incident.

He was found guilty, and was sentenced to death by electrocution.

When the day of the execution came, he requested a single banana as his last meal.

After eating the banana, he was strapped into the electric chair.

The switch was flown, sparks flew and smoke filled the air- but nothing happened.

The man was perfectly fine.

Well, at the time, there was an old Bulgarian law that said a failed execution was a sign of divine intervention, so the man was allowed to go free.

And somehow, he managed to get his old job back driving the train.

Having not learned his lesson at all, he went right back to driving the train with reckless abandon.

Once again, he caused a train to crash, this time killing two people.

The trial went much the same as the first, resulting in a sentence of execution.

For his final meal, the man requested two bananas.

After eating the bananas, he was strapped into the electric chair.

The switch was thrown, sparks flew, smoke filled the room- and the man was once again unharmed.

Well, this of course meant that he was free to go.

And once again, he somehow manages to get his old job back.

To what should have been the surprise of no one, he crashed yet another train and killed three people.

And so he once again found himself being sentenced to death.

On the day of his execution, he requested his final meal- three bananas.

"You know what? No," said the executioner. "I've had it with you and your stupid bananas and walking out of here unharmed. I'm not giving you a thing to eat, we're strapping you in and doing this now."

Well, it was against protocol, but the man was strapped in to the electric chair without a last meal.

The switch was pulled, sparks flew, smoke filled the room- and the man was still unharmed.

The executioner was speechless.
The man looked at the executioner and said "Oh, the bananas had nothing to do with it. I'm just a bad conductor."

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 09:05 PM by MR_Datsyuk13. Edit Reason: forgot the first question )

Not really, play some OOTP baseball here and there but its not like this.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis?
Between work and class I like playing PUBG and watching hockey! also spend a lot of time on new projects I have going on!

I could see spending at least 3 seasons, I want to give my player some time to get better before going to the show!

I don't use it too frequently only because I don't have much going on there. With joining SHl I will definitely become more active there!

I have a ton of interest! Im a Detroit native so i'd love for my player to represent the hometown team.

My player is a sniper with pretty balanced stats as of right now, and if i were to pick any of the SMJHL teams to get drafted to Detroit would be my first choice! Gotta represent the hometown!

One day a man goes to his wife and says "Honey, I've never said anything before, but I need to know. I've noticed that of our seven children, that Jack looks different from the others. Does Jack have a different father than his siblings?"

The wife says "Yes, I admit it, he does."

The husband says "Who is his father?"

The wife says "You are."
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 09:05 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?[/b]

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?[/b]

[b]Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?[/b]

[b]Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? [/b]

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?[/b]

[b]Share your best joke or meme[/b]

-I've played a few, Goal Line Blitz, which was an NFL sim, MMA Tycoon, a soccer one lost to the ether, a baseball one lost to the ether, and hockeyarena or something like that, it was a euro hockey GM sim.

-I'll be a ping away on Discord if you need me to keep up with stuff, but I'm still new here and I don't know what amount of time I'd need to commit in a new season yet. This place has got promise though so I should be around.

-Playing video games, mainly Smash Bros and JRPGs and various old school stuff, I shitpost on Discord about sports and life as well. Favorite chips were Jalapeno Cheddar Life Brand ripple chips but those are gone now, so I guess I favour the old standby of Hostess Hickory Sticks. Favourite NHL team is Vegas, formerly Detroit, and I don't mind the Canadian teams.

-I was told you could only spend 1 in juinor so i'm not really sure of my career path now that I know this. It'll depend on how I progress I guess.

-As mentioned earlier yeah I do have Discord and am on it every day.

-I'm interested in being part of any team that wants me.

-I'm aiming to be an All-Around Power Forward who gets time on Lines 2/3/4 for any team that wants him.

- https://i.redd.it/qmi9stt9sc421.jpg

ZENGM , league of legends sim league.

I have a lot of time. So as much time as is needed.

Typically I spend my day job-hunting, coding and playing games. Favorite games its hard to say, currently Stellaris but I love so many to just name one is an injustice. My favourite chips are probably tortilla chip with queso dip. My NHL teams are #1 Toronto Maple Leafs and my 2nd/Western Conference team is the Nashville Predators.

I believe it will be 4-5 seasons as I am a goaltender and I feel it will take longer to develop. I also want to be the best that I can at this level before transitioning to the next.

Yes
Do you have interest in being a Falcon?
100% I do.
Not particularly no.

[Image: pp,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u1.jpg]

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Do you have any previous sim league experience? SMJHL GM, SHL GM, SMJHL commisioner, og Reddit recruitment drive leader, some other random roles that no longer exist.

1-2 hours a day.

League of Legends/Smash Bros, Lays Dill Pickle, Oilers.

As long as I'm getting triple shifted.

I use it

Yes.