Create Account

SHL Talk - SEA keeps Trading, Free Freeman and more

Another loaded program it’s going to be!

I’m sure you guys have had enough about all this Seattle Riot talk, but they just keep making the news with these trades! Let’s start in the order of the dates of the trades.

First up is the most notable trade of the week, between the Seattle Riot and Manhattan Rage, seeing top Riot defensemen Isaac Comrie Hale and Clint Eastwood move to Manhattan.

Rage trade
Shoyu Kikkoman
Maui
Lillie Jacobs
S47 Rage 1st Round Pick
S46 Rage 2nd Round Pick

Riot trade
Isaac Cormier-Hale
Clint Eastwood

This trade definitely caught everyone off guard. It was public knowledge that it would be a matter of time till Clint Eastwood and Isaac Comrie Hale be moved in a deal, but no one expected it to be like this. There has been a sudden and surprising shift in the Manhattan Rage’s direction, and one many people will disagree with. The Manhattan Rage are done with rebuilding it seems, sending off two solid prospects and two promising picks for two top 4 defenseman in ICH and Eastwood. The teams management seems confident in somehow making the playoffs in a few seasons, and yes ICH and and Eastwood are both great defensemen to have, however considering both players are going to or is already into regression, as well as the fact that they haven’t been updating in the last few months, this deal makes no sense in the long run, these two defensemen will only last the team at most 3 to 5 seasons as solid top 4 defensemen. The Manhattan Rage make this deal seeming overly confident in themselves in making the playoffs, but most will agree that this is very unlikely, even when they’re in the east. The Rage going into next season will likely have two forwards over 800 TPE in Rove and Berger, and three defensemen over 900 in Reginald MacIntyre, ICH and Clint Eastwood. This simply put is not at all a team that is strong and looks good to be a playoff team. Yes they do have a promising youth core, but it will take time for most of these players to grow into top 6 forwards and top 4 defensemen. ICH and Eastwood will likely be just around as their top 2 defensemen for two or three seasons until the team actually sees a playoff team, and by then regression will have taken a harsh toll on at least Comrie Hale. Moving future assets such as the reddit 2nd and the first could have been used in a deal that gets them a great asset but one that isn’t old and someone that can be a great use for the team for many seasons to come. In the long run and the short term, this deal simply doesn’t make sense to me for the Manhattan Rage.

The Seattle Riot recieved this offer and decided to run away with it, and considering their current path, most people would have a hard time turning this trade down. Eastwood and Comrie Hale don’t fit on a team this early in a rebuild such as the Seattle Riot, and since both defenseman are inactive, it was unlikely they recieve much for them. Luckily for them, the Manhattan Rage gave the Riot an offer with a plethora of assets that they hope will be key/core in the future, such as the S47 first and reddit 2nd. Along with that, the Riot are receiving two solid young pieces in Lillie Jacobs and Maui. Sure both players are projects considering they haven’t exactly been the greatest in terms of earning TPE, however the two picks make this deal all the better for Seattle.

After good comes bad for the Seattle Riot, after completing a trade with the New England Wolfpack shortly after the trade with Manhattan.

Wolfpack Trades:
NEW S47 1st
Soren Kierkegaard

Riot Trades:
Herb Robert*
* = Herb Robert agrees to sign for 3 years at 5M.

The Wolfpack got an absolute steal deal from the Riot here. They picked up a young, exciting forward in Herb Robert, someone who has been earning TPE at a great rate and is soon to be an elite forward in the SHL. With the Wolfpack trying to make the playoffs once again while not damaging their future, bringing in a young talented forward fits the bill perfectly, and only for a future first rounder.

The Riot dun fucked up here in letting Herb Robert go. Source says that the young forward was looking for a massive paycheck to stay in Seattle, however considering that the team just cleared up around what, 12 million in the trade with the Manhattan Rage, why the hell not bring back a person who is well liked in the locker room and someone you can build around for seasons to come. Poorly done. It’s extremely doubtful that the first becomes anywhere near what Herb Robert is on pace to be, especially with the Wolfpack being a solid team.

Shortly after the Herb Robert trade, the North Stars and the Seattle Riot came to an agreement to swap.

Stars Receive:
Romualds Loks

Riot Receive:
Ti-Guy Emond

It’s a simple one for one, and a one for one that makes sense for both teams. The Seattle Riot appeared worried they were going to lose the young top 6 forward in Romaulds Loks to free agency come to the next off-season, so shipping him off seemed like the right deal. The team did receive a player that the North Stars had been shopping for quite a while in Ti-Edmond Guy, a solid active defenseman that the Riot can build around, almost identical in TPE to Loks.

The North Stars despite being elite defensively last season had offensive flaws. Picking up Loks in exchange for a defensemen who didn’t have a place in the top 4 defense makes perfect sense for the team, as they hope to improve their offensive core for the coming season, and hopefully more. All in all a good one for one deal for both teams.

Speaking of free agency, this upcoming FA class is full of drama and talent. Before we dive into the big name free agents, there are some significant restricted free agents that haven’t yet agreed to a contract, such as the Blizzards former 4th Overall Pick in the S44 draft, Bernard Freeman. According to Freeman’s agent, Freemans camp in unhappy with the 3 million dollar offer he's received from the Blizzard management. Considering @Allen ‘s previous player, Geoff Allen, it makes sense to be wanting more considering the high ceiling Freeman does have. It appears these contract negotiations will carry into the off-season, potentially being interfered with by teams looking to offer-sheet the forward.

Onto the big free agents, according to a source out of Edmonton once again, the negotiations with their starting goaltender Tommy Tuck. In his demands per source, he wants five members of the team to bring in users to the NSFL. It’s a weird negotiation between the team, and with Tucks past, money could also be a huge factor. The Blizzard management likely won’t be too worried about Tuck leaving, as the team has a young promising goaltender in the system in Aleister Cain, who is capable if taking the starting spot. Downgrading Tuck to Cain next season may be a slight blow to the team, however with their defense being one of the best in the league in terms of talent, they can keep Cain from being exposed to high quality chances next season. In the long run however, Cain as their future starter seems ideal.

Speaking of interesting and odd contract negotiations, what the hell is going on with Logan Jensen and the Texas Renegades? A few weeks ago, the forward claimed to have received a 7.5 million dollar from another team, which seems pretty ridiculous, considering that offering contracts to players under contract on another team is highly illegal and is tampering. Then just a few days ago, Jensen announced he was about to sign a new contract? None of this makes any sense, and unfortunately Jensen won’t come forward to say who the particular culprit is in this case. This may all just be fake and could be a new tactic to try getting more money out of the Renegades pockets, however if Jensen does actually sign a 7.5 million dollar deal, things could get out of hand very quickly.

Not long ago, Toivo Kosonen announced he was likely hitting the free agency market, with a return to the Panthers not being ruled out according to the man himself, however considering their GM status (fuck bottas), this could be a serious reason why he would look to other teams. The defensemen has put the Riot, the Wolfpack, the Pride, the Jets and the Platoon as teams he’d like to join, the Wolfpack not at all a surprise as the defensemen has spent a majority of his career apart of the team. Fans would love him back. The Riot is the only real surprising one, you’d think that a defenseman his age would be looking for a cup now rather than joining a team so early into a rebuild. It’s possible he could be after the co GM job in Seattle, however seems less than likely.

I recommend checking out this article by @ErM about the upcoming Free Agents.
http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91139

If you’ve read up to here, it’s time to talk about the absolute gong show the Los Angeles Panthers are. Just a week ago, screenshots of their co GM Bottas came out to the public personally attacking the Renegades GM, bringing up previous health issues as well as straight up telling the TEX GM to get roofied. Unfortunately the commissioner's office decided to reduce his well deserved 25 game suspension to 10 games, however this really isn’t the real issue here. Why the Panthers management decided to keep Bottas onboard is a question that no one really has an answer too? This just hurts the teams chances of both retaining key players, and adding key players in free agency. This is a massive issue for the team going forward and their management refuses to fix it for some stupid reason. Their chances as acquiring players that want to be play for the Panthers have gone down drastically, and with their 9th overall pick, no sane person should want to play for this management group.

Thanks for reading.

Really good stuff same

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I like that you spelled Ti-Guy Emond right in the trade part and then butchered the fuck out of it in talking about the trade. Good stuff samee

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

great stuff samee
i really don't get why LAP kept bottas on. I get they've done well with him as co,but the shit he said is bad enough that he shouldn't be in a job like that now. Thus, that solidifies my plans to never sign or play for the team.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 05:20 PM by Wasty.)

I’ve stated this many times before however I’ll say it again. The statements made by Bottas was made 2 years ago in the LAP locker room. When these statements were said Bottas was talked to by me and has had 2 years of zero problems on the boards until they were resurfaced again by the person that didn’t want to talk about it but still brought them up. Bottas was punished by the league and will serve his suspension. However if personal attacks in the past were a stipulation for being a GM. Other GMs being praised in this league wouldn’t even have gotten the job.

This is the last post I’ll make here. I’m not trying to start a shitstorm, I’m just trying to state the facts.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

12-16-2018, 05:19 PMWasty Wrote: I’ve stated this many times before however I’ll say it again. The statements made by Bottas was made 2 years ago in the LAP locker room. When these statements were said Bottas was talked to by me and has had 2 years of zero problems on the boards until they were resurfaced again by the person that didn’t want to talk about it but still brought them up. Bottas was punished by the league and will serve his suspension. However if personal attacks in the past were a stipulation for being a GM. Other GMs being praised in this league wouldn’t even have gotten the job.

This is the last post I’ll make here. I’m not trying to start a shitstorm, I’m just trying to state the facts.

He got punished for something 2 yrs ago?

Sick I gotta delete everythin

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Wait hol up bottas got fired for shit 2 years ago?? That sum type of unconstitutional shit since it wasn’t against the rules back then u feel

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

12-16-2018, 05:32 PMcpetrella Wrote: Wait hol up bottas got fired for shit 2 years ago?? That sum type of unconstitutional shit since it wasn’t against the rules back then u feel

he didn't get fired

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

12-16-2018, 05:32 PMcpetrella Wrote: Wait hol up bottas got fired for shit 2 years ago?? That sum type of unconstitutional shit since it wasn’t against the rules back then u feel

He wasn't fired

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 06:02 PM by dankoa.)

12-16-2018, 05:19 PMWasty Wrote: I’ve stated this many times before however I’ll say it again. The statements made by Bottas was made 2 years ago in the LAP locker room. When these statements were said Bottas was talked to by me and has had 2 years of zero problems on the boards until they were resurfaced again by the person that didn’t want to talk about it but still brought them up. Bottas was punished by the league and will serve his suspension. However if personal attacks in the past were a stipulation for being a GM. Other GMs being praised in this league wouldn’t even have gotten the job.

The 4 or 5 deeply personal comments he made about my substance abuse and mental health problems were made a week ago, hence why I didn't come on the site for about 4 days.

I'm not trying to kick things off again but I'm also not going to sit back and let this seem like it's some water under the bridge deal that caused the issue

EDIT Also saying "they were resurfaced again by the person that didn’t want to talk about it but still brought them up" is such a reach. I mentioned him wishing sexual assault on someone after he made some weird ass comment that came off like wishing death on someone, don't know how that justifies him making comments about me "popping pills" and getting "blackout drunk everyday" in a thread but whatever, if you want to try and argue this position it's not really a strong look

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

the screenshots were from a recent convo, no?

Code:
The Riot dun fucked up here in letting Herb Robert go. Source says that the young forward was looking for a massive paycheck to stay in Seattle, however considering that the team just cleared up around what, 12 million in the trade with the Manhattan Rage, why the hell not bring back a person who is well liked in the locker room and someone you can build around for seasons to come. Poorly done. It’s extremely doubtful that the first becomes anywhere near what Herb Robert is on pace to be, especially with the Wolfpack being a solid team.

Agreed.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 07:04 PM by DanbyRem.)

Since JSS took over Seattle it's become a place I would sign tbh

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]

12-16-2018, 07:04 PMDanbyRem Wrote: Since JSS took over Seattle it's become a place I would sign tbh

wooooooooooooowowowowowowoowowowowowowowowowowow have i ever said how cute u r

[Image: 3.png]

12-16-2018, 06:46 PMr1c3bowl22 Wrote:
Code:

Agreed.

biggest reason id play for seattle again but u gone now feelsripman