Create Account

Bringing Back Some Old Friends

12-18-2018, 10:30 PMspooked Wrote:
12-18-2018, 10:19 PMInciteHysteria Wrote: I am fine with who the GMs are. Byrde and Dangles will do great in the role. I think some people think, that due to the way the hirings were rushed, that there were others that were not given a proper shot to throw their hats into the ring for these positions. I am glad that the SMJHL HO is taking this seriously and adding teams at the approriate time for overflow. But I do understand where people might be upset.

Lots of the issues are gonna be in a couple seasons if the draft classes are getting split 10 ways, LRs might dry up really quickly. Especially if the drafts are 10 picks per round, going to be tough to get actives in the late-third round for some of these teams if the non-reddit drafts stay between 30-40 people. Already had a criminal lack of goalies and sometimes it's hard to get enough Cs depending on classes. Then comes the problem of how to fold them properly without that causing issues, if it is needed.

HO has a plan to fold them if necessary. They will be closely watching activity levels. I will be tracking on how many people update each week and how many update in total for the whole season. There will be plenty of data to help decide whether it needs to fold or stay. They talked a lot time about it.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 10:18 AM by luke.)

Center 31
Defense 45
Left Wingers 34
Right Wingers 42
Goalies 14
Total 166

These are the stats right now. Give or take a couple here and there since I didnt update my scouting list this morning. We are filling up. HO came up with a solution, whether it works will be decided in a season or 2.

Also nearing on 90 Update threads, and we cant really judge people if they made update threads on not. A prime example is Slash as he didnt make a update page but got drafted

Edit, 93 update threads as of this morning 9:18 AM EST

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

12-19-2018, 10:08 AMDangles13 Wrote: The other thing to keep in mind is that this is not a full-time gig. Byrde and I will be stepping down as soon as our numbers return back to normal and it wouldn't be fair to hire an up and coming GM and then yank the rug out from under them.

What if it doesnt happen tho ?

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

12-19-2018, 10:14 AMluketd Wrote: Center 31
Defense 45
Left Wingers 34
Right Wingers 42
Goalies 14
Total 166

These are the stats right now. Give or take a couple here and there since I didnt update my scouting list this morning. We are filling up. HO came up with a solution, whether it works will be decided in a season or 2.

Also nearing on 90 Update threads, and we cant really judge people if they made update threads on not. A prime example is Slash as he didnt make a update page but got drafted

Also for the record I trimmed the prospect tournament down to 130 skaters and 12 goalies, and the majority of those guys are at least semi-active.

So even taking into account inactives there isn't a lot of wiggle room to add guys to the current crop of teams.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

12-19-2018, 10:16 AMEvok Wrote:
12-19-2018, 10:08 AMDangles13 Wrote: The other thing to keep in mind is that this is not a full-time gig. Byrde and I will be stepping down as soon as our numbers return back to normal and it wouldn't be fair to hire an up and coming GM and then yank the rug out from under them.

What if it doesnt happen tho ?

If the numbers don't come back down then I would hope that HO expands properly and allows the new GMs to rebrand.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Fucking sweet boys

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

Re; SMJHL scoring

While rookie-season numbers may be highly variable, it's usually one's second season where one performs.

For example, I went from 12 points in my rookie season to 52, 55, & 55 in my last three.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

12-18-2018, 10:41 PMxDParK Wrote:
12-18-2018, 10:34 PMO4L Wrote: This is a bit off topic but since the play-off change was done to increase rookie interest another thing I'd love to see to increase rookie interest is for the SMJHL to increase scoring. I think it's pretty discouraging as a new active rookie to log in and see your player struggling to even hit the 20 point mark at seasons end, especially with all the capped send downs that are running around producing near PPG.  I actually think the higher scoring sim (the one with TA/GA) that we used in the early-S10's fit what the SMJHL should be really well which had much higher scoring all around.

I think the SMJHL should prioritize high scoring more-so than the SHL does.  At the very least I'd like to see more rookies scoring over 30 points at seasons end.
Yeahthat

you haven't gone inactive yet?

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2019, 09:44 PM by FlappyGiraffe.)

01-29-2019, 09:41 PMTimothyClunk Wrote: You can now see the title of the last post made in each category while viewing the homepage.  You can click on this to go directly to that post.

thanks for the tip Cheers

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]