Create Account

Bringing Back Some Old Friends

12-18-2018, 09:33 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: Another question is why you the expansion rules are 4F, 3D, and 1G or 7 Skaters and 1 Goalie? Those equate to the same thing. Why not just list as 7 skaters and 11 goalie.
ain't nobody got time to decide which 11 goalies to save

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

this was the right decision well done ho good job Smile

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Pretty cool to see this happening, who knows if a 10-team SMJHL is sustainable long-term, but there simply was no way around expansion in the short-term. And I think the return to the everyone in the playoffs system is a good idea as well.

Slightly disappointed by how the Franchise naming and GM hiring process went though, I know we are in a hurry at the moment but I think there still would've been enough time for a proper expansion process, where people can choose cool new team identities and enthuastic new GMs can apply for the job. Not saying you guys won't do a good job, but neither bringing in actual new franchises nor giving people the chance to apply seems like a missed opportunity.

Looking forward to the draft specifics now, sadly there are a lot of loopholes that I could see people trying to abuse, I hope we'll be able to close all of them. But it's also gonna be interesting if pre-draft deals with the expansion teams will be allowed and if maybe there will be an even more radical system where teams can protect extra players in exchange for exposing some of their draft picks. This could be really cool imho, a team gets a chance at two extra protections, but they would have to expose their 2nd & 3rd round picks for the expansion drafts and SMJHL teams could nab those.

daily reminder that raps are still best team

[Image: izzy.PNG]

12-18-2018, 09:36 PMr1c3bowl22 Wrote:
12-18-2018, 09:20 PMDanbyRem Wrote: No love for byrde? :(

I was trying really hard to make yours special, but you rushed me so now I can't write it out. I hope you're happy....

O i sorry

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]

12-18-2018, 09:42 PMdmuda11 Wrote: daily reminder that raps are still best team

Thanks see you tomorrow

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]

12-18-2018, 09:40 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Pretty cool to see this happening, who knows if a 10-team SMJHL is sustainable long-term, but there simply was no way around expansion in the short-term. And I think the return to the everyone in the playoffs system is a good idea as well.

Slightly disappointed by how the Franchise naming and GM hiring process went though, I know we are in a hurry at the moment but I think there still would've been enough time for a proper expansion process, where people can choose cool new team identities and enthuastic new GMs can apply for the job. Not saying you guys won't do a good job, but neither bringing in actual new franchises nor giving people the chance to apply seems like a missed opportunity.

Looking forward to the draft specifics now, sadly there are a lot of loopholes that I could see people trying to abuse, I hope we'll be able to close all of them. But it's also gonna be interesting if pre-draft deals with the expansion teams will be allowed and if maybe there will be an even more radical system where teams can protect extra players in exchange for exposing some of their draft picks. This could be really cool imho, a team gets a chance at two extra protections, but they would have to expose their 2nd & 3rd round picks for the expansion drafts and SMJHL teams could nab those.

i feel like all of this coulda been more hyped, the reveal was kinda flat

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Hell yeah expansion

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 09:56 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

It would have been nice to have the league involved in the naming decision and a application process for the new GMs. Could have coordinated with the PT department and we could have added some great tasks and good league discussion on it...glad to see expansion happening but a bit of an oppertunity missed here.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 09:56 PM by JSS.)

12-18-2018, 09:55 PMMike Izzy Wrote: It would have been nice to have the league involved in the naming decision and a application process for the new GMs.  glad to see expansion happening but a bit of an oppertunity missed here.

there was no time for a formal proccess

we just got hit with nearly 200 prospects when we were expecting about half of that

[Image: 3.png]

12-18-2018, 09:40 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Pretty cool to see this happening, who knows if a 10-team SMJHL is sustainable long-term, but there simply was no way around expansion in the short-term. And I think the return to the everyone in the playoffs system is a good idea as well.

QFT on the team naming/GM selection.

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 10:00 PM by WannabeFinn.)

12-18-2018, 09:55 PMMike Izzy Wrote: It would have been nice to have the league involved in the naming decision and a application process for the new GMs. Could have coordinated with the PT department and we could have added some great tasks and good league discussion on it...glad to see expansion happening but a bit of an oppertunity missed here.
How do you think we could go through the process of choosing a location, team name, branding, and sift through GM applications all while giving the hired GM enough time to scout over 150 prospects before Thursday evening?

Not to mention the fact that in a few seasons after this absolute monster of a draft class has passed through juniors, we likely won't need 10 teams in the SMJHL. It would be a real travesty to have someone pour their heart and soul into a brand new, original team only to have to tell them that they are going to be folded after a handful of seasons.

With the return to a less competitiveness focused and more developmental focused smjhl why don’t we return to doing a snake draft

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

12-18-2018, 09:57 PMkit Wrote: With the return to a less competitiveness focused and more developmental focused smjhl why don’t we return to doing a snake draft
the snake draft was garbage and you know it

12-18-2018, 09:57 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
12-18-2018, 09:55 PMMike Izzy Wrote: It would have been nice to have the league involved in the naming decision and a application process for the new GMs. Could have coordinated with the PT department and we could have added some great tasks and good league discussion on it...glad to see expansion happening but a bit of an oppertunity missed here.
How do you think we could go through the process of choosing a location, team name, branding, and sift through GM applications all while giving the hired GM enough time to scout over 150 prospects before Thursday evening?

Location, team name and branding takes half an hour.

Limit apps to people with GM experience at some level.

GM's in place for multiple seasons aren't even ready for 150 prospects, how would it be any different for an incoming GM? Everyone is working on hilariously limited information about an equally insane number of prospects

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]