Create Account

Nick Novak Pre-Draft Interview

(First post)

With the draft less than a day away, I sat down with Nick Novak to discuss his career, the Prospect Showcase, and his future plans in the SHL.

I: Thanks for taking the time to talk to me today, my first question is about your career leading up to this point, how has that impacted where you are now?

NN: Well, I was brought up to be the best hockey player ever, and I think I am accomplishing that. I had what some would call a "rough" home life, no daddy, slept in a shed with our cows, and my momma only made baked potatoes, not mashed. But that didn't stop me from scoring every goal my team had last year. Whoever drafts me gets a pure goalscorer, definitely the best in the world.

I: .....Interesting, I guess we will move on from whatever horror story that is. On to the Prospect Showcase, what is it like playing on a line with Borromini Cannellini, someone who is already being talked about as being one of the next big superstars?

NN: Yeah well, I think he's full a' shit, guy thinks he is better than he really is. While we are on the topic of him, how about you interview him next and tell him to pass me the puck, he's nothin' but a selfish player that can't identify real talent like me.

I: Seems like you are making lots of friends already, lets talk about the draft, where do you plan to go, and what are your plans for this upcoming season? 

NN: There is no other spot for me to go than number one, the scouts know it, and everyone on my team knows it. They probably won't take me first though just cause they don't know if they can handle such awesome scoring power. That's why I played in the lowest league my town had. This season I just know I am gonna tear it up, probably have a 100 point season, who knows? The other teams will probably just give us-I mean me,  the Championship at the end of the season.

I: Seems like you have pretty high expectations, what do you think about the SHL in a couple seasons?

NN: Just like I told you before, I'm gonna be the best player to ever play, I'll probably quit after a season though, I would have broken all the records by then.

I: Well....Good luck tomorrow, and the rest of this season. I hope I can talk to you after the season and reflect on this interview.

NN: I don't, bye.

Nick Novak then proceeded to drink two shots of Fireball before walking out of the interview on his way to the rink, right now the future looks bleak for this possible superstar, but only time will tell.

[Image: cropped_REU_021875.jpg?width=592&height=447]

Hollywood must really be out of ideas if we're getting this remake so soon.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]