Create Account

Who's That Prospect? It's ... Luffy!!
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 05:10 PM by TnlAstatine.)

[First Article] [Can be graded - Double Media] [12070 characters / 2377 words]

With all the hype surround this draft class it's hard to calm the brain and get a good look at all these young talents. It would be remiss of us if we  didn't mention one of this years break out players Monkey D. Luffy!! After a slow start in the prospect tournament it looks like Luffy is back to his old junior ways cracking the top 10 in goals and figuring out how to pick away at these top tier goalies! Finding his stride took a couple games but wow this kid doesn't look anywhere but the top and the top is definitely where this prospect is looking to be at the end of this tournament! This kid is always fighting and never gives up, and with a work ethic like no other there is no better choice for a player to lead your team than Monkey D. Luffy!

[Image: article_3bdfbff2-41e2-40a3-9b73-0ebe1d80eecb.gif]
Can't stop won't stop never give up.
Let's look at the numbers:
[Face-off Studs]
1. Kalvins Zvejnieks (BGH)
GP: 36 F/O: 62.98%
2. Raino Kyllönen (BRK)
GP: 36 F/O: 59.01%
3. Andris Dzerins (BRK)
GP: 36 F/O: 58.53%
4. Dylon McIntyre (MUS)
GP: 28 F/O: 58.43%
5. Cant Eykhil (LIO)
GP: 35 F/O: 58.33%
6. Kristoffer Matsson (BRK)
GP: 32 F/O: 57.93%
7. Monkey D. Luffy (LIO)
GP: 36 F/O: 57.18%

[Image: cut.jpg]
Luff with his first ever face-off in the prospect tournament

Just WOW - in a draft class this big with a bunch of 2nd generation talents this kid is posting a ridiculous 57% in the face off zone over 36 games! For a smaller guy (only 5'8" and only 175 lbs) this ABSOLUTE UNIT can do it all! With a rather impressive 30+ centers in this draft class being in the top 10 is no joke and should be highly valuable in the upcoming SMJHL draft! Oh did we mention he can also bang home some pucks? Or even pass that biscuit ....
Top Centers [points]:
1. Mikko Kakko (WRA)
GP: 36 Pts: 27-26-53
2. Monkey D. Luffy (LIO)
GP: 36 Pts: 16-28-44

3. Michael Scarn (OUT)
GP: 36 Pts: 18-23-41
[Image: tumblr_p12o51k9P61w7b94zo1_500.gif]
Did we mention how cute this guy is?

Seriously?!?! What can't this young stud do? Face-offs ... thank you, next. But looking to also be the top point getting out of all those aforementioned centers? Ridiculous. After a bit of a slow start this young stud came cruising to the finish line and even surpassing the highly toted Michael Scarn and notching in at #2 overall for points among all center! I don't see any reason why this kid won't continue to light it up in this tournament or even in the SMJHL. Nothing or nobody can stop this rocket ship trajectory! To the moon with our lambos if you invest in this beast! Oh what's that? Is that doubters that I smell "Oh he's too small" - Donny McMasters "Mantroll". Ya well he can throw around with the best of them too.
Hits: 50
[Image: DentalWigglyDassie-size_restricted.gif]
We lack video proof but he is tough (I promise)

Well nothing much to say about that. Leading the way at 109 hits is pretty impressive, but for a small guy who isn't known for throwing his body. 50 is pretty respectable! ALRIGHT all this hype we have to come down from a little bit. He isn't perfect (all the time) so here is a small clip showing how hard he tries, but doesn't always make the best play (but he tries his hardest still)
[Image: Backstrom_Goal_Angle_2_EDM_10242013.gif]TEAM?

Alright alright alright even the best of the best make a few mishaps here and there. NEXT

GWG:
1. Monkey D. Luffy (LIO)
GP: 36 GWG: 6
2. Commander Shepard (MAJ)
GP: 36 GWG: 6

OH BABY THATS RIGHT, leading the entire pool of players its Monkey D. Luffy coming in clutch for his team. Seriously he is just that good, and even better in the clutch. thank you, next

Plus/Minus:
1. ZZ Megan Foxhole (WRA)
GP: 36 +/- 25
2. Sean Watson (WRA)
3. David Vent (WRA)
4. Jimmy Slothface (LIO)
GP: 36 +/- 23
5. Monkey D. Luffy (LIO)
GP:36 +/- 22

What? No way this kid can be in the top 10 for plus minus also? Oh, but he is and he ain't stopping anytime soon. He knows when and where to be on the ice and that's a skill you can't teach. His defensive skills are just as great as his offensive output and that will carry with him for the rest of his career! This kid is not afraid to get into the right areas even if it means getting into the hard hitting ones. Coming in at #10 overall for hits taken at a whopping 82. While still being able to preform and has the ability to come out of those massive number of hits unscathed. Not even the toughest tough guy in the prospect tournament can slow him down. I'm look at you @Mantroll [Image: asd.png]

INTERVIEW ALERT: It just so happens that we got a chance to catch up with Monkey D. Luffy before the playoffs start for the the prospect tournament and we asked him a few questions:
[Image: tumblr_ogngy8xyHQ1qgw93ro2_r1_500.gif]
Interview So you got your toes went and got to play with and against some of your potential opponents in the next SMJHL season. How does it feel?
Luffy: Well you know what Bob, it feels fantastic! To come from such small beginnings and given the opportunity to play with and against such talent is great. I can't wait to dive right into the season and show everyone that i belong!
[Image: tumblr_o3fzxkZfLK1usjmaqo1_500.gif]
Interview  What did you do this summer to get you ready for the up coming season?
Luffy: I had a strict diet of chicken and potatoes and worked out at least 2 hours 5 days a week. I did a lot of swimming and running to get my fitness to the next level. I'm always working on developing myself physically as well as mentally to prepare for all the league has to throw at me.

[Image: interview.gif] What do you like most about being a Center?
Luffy: Honestly Bob, I just love being in the middle and at the center of all the action. I feel like I have more freedom on the ice and the ability to go where the play dictates. I can use my defensive capabilities to get the puck back and into the offensive zone for those sweet sweet chances. I also love beating people in the dot.

[Image: interview.gif] What do you plan on improving on coming into the SMJHL?
Luffy: I plan on improving on my overall defensive efforts first and foremost. I need to be able to play a good north-south but also have the awareness so I don't get myself into sticky situations that cost my team.

[Image: interview.gif] Who was your role model growing up?
Luffy: Hahaha, honestly it wasn't even a hockey player. When I was young I met a very ambitious "pirate" named Shanks. He taught me so many things and even gave me his most valuable treasure that I still carry with me each and everyday. Honestly I don't think I would be here without Shanks, and I will never let his treasure out of my possession. Before each and every game I make sure to keep his straw hat tucked away in a safe spot in the locker room where nobody can reach it.
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773...=720&h=720]
[Image: interview.gif] Thank you so much for giving us some time to get to know you as a player! Any last words?
Luffy: I just want everyone to know how much I love the game of hockey and that you'll remember my name for years to come, I'm sure of it! 
[Image: CleanCandidAyeaye-max-1mb.gif]
Luffy and our interviewer Bob Stuffer messing around

The fun is only beginning and I for one can't wait to see where this young player ends up!
[Image: SmoothWastefulGalapagosmockingbird-max-1mb.gif][Image: b5ff0231265b312a8c4b6315e55bdd6d.gif]

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Good read man! Lions

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]