Create Account

Reassess recruitment bonuses?

Dearest @King ,

I truly believe the recruitment team needs to reassess the way bonuses are given out for recruitment. I think the idea of two TPE per recruitment regardless of amount of TPE gained is a little bit silly, and if you don't change it people will end up asking friends to create and then do nothing cause they get six uncapped TPE out of it.

Going through the past three seasons, 6 different recruits of yours that have earned you a total of 28 TPE (2 per recruitment and 4 per season for most recruits) have ended up combining for less than 2 hours spent on the site, multiple have less than 6 minutes. I personally think people should be rewarded for recruiting active members, not compensated for having someone use the player creator and spending no actual time on the site.

I hope this doesn't sound like a ThunderDome, I'm just using you as an example as you're the recruitment head.

Angel

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

I wish I did all my recruiting in the current system. Had like 16 recruits one season but didn’t get much cuz they all wentninactive

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Imagine how much TPE Quinn would've gotten

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Wait, when was that changed?! Time to recruit people I know won't stay but I get credit for just the creation. Also, less than 6 minutes and still creating a player is weird

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

I think it definitely needs to be adjusted. Or else I could just make 3 friends create every season and then not do anything

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Hey Keygan, I actually took over King for the recruitment team and I'm now the Head of it. I do agree that it can be easily abused and it should be changed. I'll bring it up with the team.

Cheers

[Image: 3.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 04:08 PM by Sleepy.)

Also, I want to bring something else up, as far as I remember, I through recruitment tpe was not given out during reddit drafts? Unless there has been some sort of rule change that I am not aware of, why was tpe givin out for the upvoting the reddit post AND a claim for recruiting as well? I could be miss-remembering, but idk. I'd like an explanation either way haha.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Back in S25, Jester and WIC did the same thing and got like 100 tpe advantage over the rest cause of recruitment IIRC. Fun times

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Yeah it looks like @King basically is abusing the system to me. Each season he is earning 10 TPE from "recruiting" three people but it looks like he is either just making players quickly on a friends PC or at a Best Buy or something. This system is really easy to take advantage of and should be changed.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

12-22-2018, 04:08 PMSleepy Wrote: Also, I want to bring something else up, as far as I remember, I through recruitment tpe was not given out during reddit drafts? Unless there has been some sort of rule change that I am not aware of, why was tpe givin out for the upvoting the reddit post AND a claim for recruiting as well? I could be miss-remembering, but idk. I'd like an explanation either way haha.

This season I think the Recruitment team said that his season it will be a reddit recruitment and you can still recruit personally

12-22-2018, 04:02 PMJSS Wrote: Hey Keygan, I actually took over King for the recruitment team and I'm now the Head of it. I do agree that it can be easily abused and it should be changed. I'll bring it up with the team.

Cheers

My bad comrade, thought it was still King.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

12-22-2018, 04:11 PMluketd Wrote:
12-22-2018, 04:08 PMSleepy Wrote: Also, I want to bring something else up, as far as I remember, I through recruitment tpe was not given out during reddit drafts? Unless there has been some sort of rule change that I am not aware of, why was tpe givin out for the upvoting the reddit post AND a claim for recruiting as well? I could be miss-remembering, but idk. I'd like an explanation either way haha.

This season I think the Recruitment team said that his season it will be a reddit recruitment and you can still recruit personally

Interesting. I reckon that this would have been something worthy of a discussion at least. I haven't been following the SHL as closely this last season as I normally do but I feel like HO should have to weigh in on something like this considering the potential amounts of tpe handed out.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

12-22-2018, 04:18 PMSleepy Wrote:
12-22-2018, 04:11 PMluketd Wrote: This season I think the Recruitment team said that his season it will be a reddit recruitment and you can still recruit personally

Interesting. I reckon that this would have been something worthy of a discussion at least. I haven't been following the SHL as closely this last season as I normally do but I feel like HO should have to weigh in on something like this considering the potential amounts of tpe handed out.

Yeah I cant find the specific thread, but I remember it said it for this reddit draft only. so yeah.

Someone spending 3 minutes on the site to make a player should definitely equal 2 TPE guys. 

Let's actually add a multiplier in which gives you more points for the less time someone spends  cause 3 mins is good, but not that impressive, how low can we go?

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 04:38 PM by King.)

I've brought this up before.

Think you should get 0 for recruiting, and only get it if they hit milestones.

I'm also not the recruitment head @JSS is.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons