Create Account

Reassess recruitment bonuses?

12-22-2018, 06:20 PMKing Wrote: I wasn't relived,

RELIVED! Drink!

[Image: FJPVyys.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 06:33 PM by ToeDragon84.)

12-22-2018, 06:13 PMwumaduce Wrote:
12-22-2018, 06:07 PMNJBadApple Wrote: Nice.  Even with being relieved early from the position, two weeks running the recruitment drive seems like enough time to make a change that most people are likely on board with.

Not saying you did a bad job at that (or GFX, now that you bring it up), but you've had consistent inactive recruits each season under the 2TPE rule.  I don't like @Keygan that much but he has a solid point, they all amount to almost no time on the site combined.  It leaves me [and clearly] others to wonder if you're caught red-handed, via example, abusing the system and you're trying to backtrack saying it should be changed.

It's okay, he posted in the same IP thread so they're totally different people and not multi's. Like all of you think AssP and Shit were the same people just because he admitted to it, but they were in the same ip thread so they obviously weren't.

That's it. Retroactive punishment time, HO.
[Image: 5MDO.gif]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

12-22-2018, 04:37 PMKing Wrote: I've brought this up before.

Think you should get 0 for recruiting, and only get it if they hit milestones.

I'm also not the recruitment head @JSS is.

I mean, even a low cap of 200 would probably be enough to dissuade people from just getting their friends to join, right?

But yeah, what you said.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

12-22-2018, 06:33 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:
12-22-2018, 06:13 PMwumaduce Wrote: It's okay, he posted in the same IP thread so they're totally different people and not multi's. Like all of you think AssP and Shit were the same people just because he admitted to it, but they were in the same ip thread so they obviously weren't.

That's it. Retroactive punishment time, HO.
[Image: 5MDO.gif]

lmaoooo

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2018, 03:14 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

12-22-2018, 06:03 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: To be fair it's not like people, including those in charge, aren't aware that this possibility of abuse exists, we have known that for ages. We as a league have just decided that it is still worth it because the benefits outweigh the risks, basically we are fine with people earning a few unwarranted TPE here and there as long as the recruitment drive as a whole is strong because people want to get those extra TPE and most of us our members aren't shady enough to really abuse this system. If there is one part of this league where I'm fine with people earning a few more TPE than they actually deserve then it's recruiting, because recruiting is the lifeblood of this league.

That doesn't mean that there can't be changes to the system of course and that we shouldn't adjust the system, we have done it a loto over the years, or that the risk-benefit equation hasn't changed. I just wanted to point out that there is a reason that this system exists as it is and that people are aware of its weaknesses and willingly accept them because they deem them to ultimately be worth it.

I’m definitely not fine with this. It’s a bit of a spit in the face to those that work hard earning tpe. This isn’t that..it’s a big grey area for anyone to exploit. It’s no ones fault cause the intentions were good and bringing in members is a ++...but we need to close this exploit and go back to the old tpe point system or figure out a different method.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Glad we all agree this should be changed just in time for nothing to happen.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2018, 03:42 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Updaters and HO should consider taking them tpe off of the members and having those new recruits going through the old recruitment process where you have to get to a certain tpe amount to gain points.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I'm really sad my recruits went inactive, I really wish they kept playing, the only one really active so far is snussu. 

Most cases for me is that my recruits bomb out when they don't land on the same team (or the case when they did and got really sick instead)

RETIRED

12-23-2018, 03:42 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Updaters and HO should consider taking them tpe off of the members and having those new recruits going through the old recruitment process where you have to get to a certain tpe amount to gain points.

Fully agree here, on both points. They won't take the tpe away from king, though. So hopefully it at least goes back to recruiting active people helps you out.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Serious talk- i would hope my old head opinion counts for something since I kinda made the rules for this, I agree with OP. This league is not in its tiny growing days anymore where recruitment is the lifeblood of the league. We have enough organic growth. Not over inflating tpe is more important imo

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

wtg @Keygan

12-24-2018, 12:22 AMhockeyfan Wrote: wtg @Keygan

Yeah.... That's on me.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

12-24-2018, 01:05 AMKeygan Wrote:
12-24-2018, 12:22 AMhockeyfan Wrote: wtg @Keygan

Yeah.... That's on me.

[Image: IqFwIEz.png]

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Better not keep this rule or smebs about to feast on some tpe with a great idea we’ve had for a while

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers