Create Account

Reassess recruitment bonuses?
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 04:40 PM by King.)

12-22-2018, 04:08 PMSleepy Wrote: Also, I want to bring something else up, as far as I remember, I through recruitment tpe was not given out during reddit drafts? Unless there has been some sort of rule change that I am not aware of, why was tpe givin out for the upvoting the reddit post AND a claim for recruiting as well? I could be miss-remembering, but idk. I'd like an explanation either way haha.

I asked this question to the team before the reddit post and was told to keep it this year.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

12-22-2018, 04:39 PMKing Wrote:
12-22-2018, 04:08 PMSleepy Wrote: Also, I want to bring something else up, as far as I remember, I through recruitment tpe was not given out during reddit drafts? Unless there has been some sort of rule change that I am not aware of, why was tpe givin out for the upvoting the reddit post AND a claim for recruiting as well? I could be miss-remembering, but idk. I'd like an explanation either way haha.

I asked this question to the team before the reddit post and was told to keep it this year.

imo it just seems kinda whack to change things on a whim like that.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 05:23 PM by King.)

12-22-2018, 03:09 PMKeygan Wrote: I hope this doesn't sound like a ThunderDome...

Not at, glad it's being addressed.

Now just need someone to play for 40+ seasons so people will be open to changing the regression system.

Falcons

12-22-2018, 03:18 PMr1c3bowl22 Wrote: Imagine how much TPE Quinn would've gotten

Rude :(

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 05:39 PM by NJBadApple.)

12-22-2018, 04:37 PMKing Wrote: I've brought this up before.

Think you should get 0 for recruiting, and only get it if they hit milestones.

It's a shame you didn't feel this way when you were making the recruitment posts, as demonstrated here, here, here, and here.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

12-22-2018, 05:38 PMNJBadApple Wrote:
12-22-2018, 04:37 PMKing Wrote: I've brought this up before.

Think you should get 0 for recruiting, and only get it if they hit milestones.

It's a shame you didn't feel this way when you were making the recruitment posts, as demonstrated here, here, here, and here.

lol NJ. I didn't know you thought that I came up with this model.

For future reference, I actually didn't come up with any of the rules of the SHL that existed from before I joined.

Falcons

12-22-2018, 05:31 PMNoble Wrote:
12-22-2018, 03:18 PMr1c3bowl22 Wrote: Imagine how much TPE Quinn would've gotten

Rude :(

I'm just letting people practice their imagination skills

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

12-22-2018, 05:41 PMKing Wrote:
12-22-2018, 05:38 PMNJBadApple Wrote: It's a shame you didn't feel this way when you were making the recruitment posts, as demonstrated here, here, here, and here.

lol NJ. I didn't know you thought that I came up with this model.

For future reference, I actually didn't come up with any of the rules of the SHL that existed from before I joined.

I'm not saying you came up with the model, but you were the recruitment head for a while. If you thought it was an issue, why not change it when you had the chance? To me it seems like you're backpedaling.

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

12-22-2018, 05:42 PMr1c3bowl22 Wrote:
12-22-2018, 05:31 PMNoble Wrote: Rude :(

I'm just letting people practice their imagination skills

To be fair if I claimed all those accounts as recruits it definitely would have been a lot easier to ban me way sooner

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

owie

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

12-22-2018, 05:47 PMNJBadApple Wrote:
12-22-2018, 05:41 PMKing Wrote: lol NJ. I didn't know you thought that I came up with this model.

I'm not saying you came up with the model, but you were the recruitment head for a while.  If you thought it was an issue, why not change it when you had the chance?  To me it seems like you're backpedaling.

I did try to change it.

You even got annoyed at me at the time for doing so and spoke about on our your podcast Link. At the time you were upset I was graphics head and recruitment head and was suggesting so many changes to both models.

I replied to your post here explaining I did make changes to graphics but they were turning out well and that I had just taken the recruitment job so too early to say how I'd do.

Also I wasn't recruit head for awhile. I got the job Sept 29th proof and there was already a new head by Oct 13th proof.

Falcons

To be fair it's not like people, including those in charge, aren't aware that this possibility of abuse exists, we have known that for ages. We as a league have just decided that it is still worth it because the benefits outweigh the risks, basically we are fine with people earning a few unwarranted TPE here and there as long as the recruitment drive as a whole is strong because people want to get those extra TPE and most of us our members aren't shady enough to really abuse this system. If there is one part of this league where I'm fine with people earning a few more TPE than they actually deserve then it's recruiting, because recruiting is the lifeblood of this league.

That doesn't mean that there can't be changes to the system of course and that we shouldn't adjust the system, we have done it a loto over the years, or that the risk-benefit equation hasn't changed. I just wanted to point out that there is a reason that this system exists as it is and that people are aware of its weaknesses and willingly accept them because they deem them to ultimately be worth it.

12-22-2018, 05:53 PMKing Wrote:
12-22-2018, 05:47 PMNJBadApple Wrote: I'm not saying you came up with the model, but you were the recruitment head for a while.  If you thought it was an issue, why not change it when you had the chance?  To me it seems like you're backpedaling.

I did try to change it.

You even got annoyed at me at the time for doing so and spoke about on our your podcast Link. At the time you were upset I was graphics head and recruitment head and was suggesting so many changes to both models.

I replied to your post here explaining I did make changes to graphics but they were turning out well and that I had just taken the recruitment job so too early to say how I'd do.

Also I wasn't recruit head for awhile. I got the job Sept 29th proof and there was already a new head by Oct 13th proof.

Nice. Even with being relieved early from the position, two weeks running the recruitment drive seems like enough time to make a change that most people are likely on board with.

Not saying you did a bad job at that (or GFX, now that you bring it up), but you've had consistent inactive recruits each season under the 2TPE rule. I don't like @Keygan that much but he has a solid point, they all amount to almost no time on the site combined. It leaves me [and clearly] others to wonder if you're caught red-handed, via example, abusing the system and you're trying to backtrack saying it should be changed.

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

12-22-2018, 06:07 PMNJBadApple Wrote:
12-22-2018, 05:53 PMKing Wrote: I did try to change it.

Nice.  Even with being relieved early from the position, two weeks running the recruitment drive seems like enough time to make a change that most people are likely on board with.

Not saying you did a bad job at that (or GFX, now that you bring it up), but you've had consistent inactive recruits each season under the 2TPE rule.  I don't like @Keygan that much but he has a solid point, they all amount to almost no time on the site combined.  It leaves me [and clearly] others to wonder if you're caught red-handed, via example, abusing the system and you're trying to backtrack saying it should be changed.

It's okay, he posted in the same IP thread so they're totally different people and not multi's. Like all of you think AssP and Shit were the same people just because he admitted to it, but they were in the same ip thread so they obviously weren't.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

12-22-2018, 06:07 PMNJBadApple Wrote:
12-22-2018, 05:53 PMKing Wrote: I did try to change it.

Nice.  Even with being relieved early from the position, two weeks running the recruitment drive seems like enough time to make a change that most people are likely on board with.

Not saying you did a bad job at that (or GFX, now that you bring it up), but you've had consistent inactive recruits each season under the 2TPE rule.  I don't like @Keygan that much but he has a solid point, they all amount to almost no time on the site combined.  It leaves me [and clearly] others to wonder if you're caught red-handed, via example, abusing the system and you're trying to backtrack saying it should be changed.

I wasn't relived, I stepped down. And I did bring that up in my few days as head and at the time people weren't on board. The feeling was the system wasn't broken so no need to fix it.

I've had 1 super active recruit, 3 semi actives and 5 completely in-actives. But I also don't mind stopping to try bringing people.

"abusing the system and you're trying to backtrack saying it should be changed."

Since this will likely come up again in a couple years, I think the regression system is broken. I currently plan on keeping my player fighting regression indefinitely unless its changed. The reason I disagreed with the rule is because it can be abused.

Falcons