Create Account

Proposal to Adjust Twitter Earnings
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2018, 07:20 AM by wumaduce.)

With the biggest SMJHL draft in the recent history of the site happening, and thus the biggest SHL draft next season, perhaps it's time we look at the Twitter deposit and adjust its value.

Quote:If you make three tweets (has to be on three separate days though) between Monday and the following Sunday, you earn $200k. If you make one or two tweets between Monday and the following Sunday, you earn $100k.

Proposal - Raise the Twitter weekly deposit from 100k for 1 or 2 tweets, and 200k for 3 tweets, to one of the following scales - 1 for 100k, 2 for 300k, 3 for 500k. Or, 1 for 200k, 2 for 400k, 3 for 600k - for the next two seasons (SMJHL rookie season, SHL draftee rookie season) and see if this brings more interest in the Twitter activity on the site. Review the activity level on the Twitter deposit thread after those one or two seasons and see if it's worth keeping the deposits at 500/600k, of if it's only worth the 200k.

Reasoning - It's well known that hockey players are generally the least well paid of all the leagues. I've taken a quick look at our affiliated leagues (read - NSFL and PBE, as long with SBA) and found out Twitter payout to be meager compared to the NSFL and PBE. After looking again, the SBA actually just gives you 1 TPE for four tweets per week. PBE gets 250k per tweet, and it appears their weekly training runs 1m. That means 75% of a players weekly training is covered. NSFL is 600k for weekly training, which means 60% is covered. We're only taking the highest tier of training into consideration in this suggestion.

Logic behind raising it - For at least the next two seasons, assuming even half of the Reddit Recruits stay active, there's going to be a lot of people near, at, or over the 350 tpe cap. We won't have another reddit draft for a while, and we have two new teams coming into the SHL soon, but we're going to have a logjam of players who are ready to make the jump to their SHL team and don't want to be buried on the fourth line for a season. Drafts like this can also get old players to return or become active again, so that puts even more people into the turnstile.

The other reasoning behind this, again for rookies, is 500k a week from Twitter deposits will help them to use their contract money for equipment, stat redistribution, or sigs, and not burn through it all doing weekly training. Then when they make the jump to the SHL they'll, hopefully, have a little bit better tpe count than they would otherwise.

For the rest of us already out of our rookie season or in the SHL, it'd give the league a chance to see if the older players would be more interested to take to Twitter to make some easy money. Sure, people do it now, but not many from the looks of it. Think about it in terms of advertising. Brands pay athletes to tweet out support of their products, and the longest LeBron or Crosby sits around tweeting about the same product, the more people stop caring. For only 200k a week, the SHL isn't getting much promotion. Sure there's an influx right now with all the highly sought after rookies promoting it, but what happens when that dries up?

Looking at the most recent weeks Twitter claims, it appears that more than half of the 3 tweet deposits are coming from people with the Junior Member title.

Cons -

This is where I figure I'll get the most input from people, if anyone actually reads this.

The biggest concern I can think of is it puts more money into the system, which means more tpe is out there, which means all builds are the same. Good argument, except I've been hearing the all builds are the same argument for way too long to let that matter. This is a proposal for a 2 season adjustment, with a review after it to see if it increases the amount of people using Twitter to talk about the league. At best, it stays and we get some people recruited from Twitter. At worst, you give the largest draft class in recent history a few weeks of making more money so they get a chance to compete in the SHL with you sooner than later.

I'd love to get some feedback on this from people, and maybe the head office will talk about it.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

I love doing Twitter and its a great chance to get members too. 1 Tweet 100k 2 Tweets 250 K and 3 Tweets 500 k would be ok!

[Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png]

I don't do twitter because it's not worth my time. Raise the pay!

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I do twitter every week. Hell yeah I want the pay rise!

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

SHL Twitter is virtually useless at its current payout, but it’s still minimal effort. I’m a big fan of the NSFL twitter payout and community, it’s pretty fun.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

500k payout would be interesting. I'd probably start using my twitter again if it were available haha.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Any way we can encourage twitter interaction besides just tweet volume? Maybe you get a bonus by retweeting at least one tweet or you get rewarded based on how many interactions your tweet gets?

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

12-24-2018, 11:20 AMSleepy Wrote: 500k payout would be interesting. I'd probably start using my twitter again if it were available haha.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Good idea bro!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

12-24-2018, 11:20 AMSleepy Wrote: 500k payout would be interesting. I'd probably start using my twitter again if it were available haha.

Hard agree to this. Too easy to forget when it’s not worth enough money to do anything with

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2018, 11:55 AM by Inf1d3l.)

Current payout is pretty weak, i approve of this, might actually be active on twitter again!

12-24-2018, 11:46 AMTommySalami Wrote:

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

It would be more fun to post tweets if others were there, and this would give them the great incentive to do it. Personally, I don't think there's any harm to it - because you look at players who do have money in the bank and sometimes they don't train for weeks anyway, so if anything, this would give active players a chance to get better and also expand their narrative/relationships with teammates online. #moremoney #lessproblemsforbilbo

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

I don’t think it’s a bad idea, but I think your reasoning for ignoring the cons is flawed. Just because you’ve heard the same thing a lot doesn’t mean that it’s not a relevant issue that we should be concerned about when making any change. That being said I don’t think this will affect inflation or oversaturstion of the market so I’m all for it. I just don’t like seeing people totally brush off those issues because people are tired of hearing about tbem

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

I can support this, cuz although I made a twitter account for my previous player, I stopped doing it cuz of the little money it brings. Those 200k, as someone said, were not worth my time.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]