Create Account

Michael Fox Misses Out on Fantasy

The fantasy groups have been finalized and when Fox caught wind of this he checked to see which group he was in, disappointed to see he had missed out on an incredible opportunity. "I'm just trying to get as far ahead as I can and I feel like I let both my team and myself down by not getting in," Fox said regarding missing fantasy. "Hopefully I'll be able to catch the signup time for next season, but for now I've just got to double down and keep my nose on the grindstone to make up for the opportunity that I've missed." 
     Fox isn't the only one to have missed out on fantasy, as signups closed uncharacteristically early compared to the start of the season. "It's almost as if you had to sign up before the draft even ended." said one SMJHL rookie that wished to remain anonymous. "Some of us didn't notice we were missing out on it until it was too late." However, there are some who place the blame on those who missed it rather than the fantasy signups. "They were given plenty of time to put their names in for it, everyone had the same amount of time. Sure, those who signed up a little closer to draft day had less time, but it's not the league's fault that they didn't sign up until the time they did." 
     Both parties have good points to back up their argument, but the fact remains that some rookies are having to wait one more season before being able to cash in on the fantasy opportunity. For now, they will have to look for other ways to cash in on advancement opportunities. It will be interesting to see how those who missed stack up against those who got in on fantasy in the upcoming S46 SHL Entry Draft. 

For those waiting for the offseason to end and for hockey to finally come back to the SMJHL and SHL, it is not as far off as it seems. Preseason action starts in four days, with the regular season finally kicking off a few days after. It will be a change of pace for everyone involved as the two new SMJHL expansion teams finally make their debut. For now, keep an eye out in the media for insights into what players and rookies are doing over the holidays as we all await the 28th.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]