Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT 1 - Team Bonding
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 12:07 PM by Nerio.)

I took this opportunity to speak with @ImShiny who plays defense for the Knights 

1. How have you been enjoying your time in the SMJHL so far, and what is being a defensemen like in the league?
I've been having a great time bonding with the guys and adjusting to the skill level of the league. Being a defensemen is pretty tough because everyone is so good and having to keep up with the fast pace of the game.

2. How did your player get into hockey and are there any players you model your game after?
I got in to hockey at a very young age. My dad starting teaching me how to play on our pond. Growing up I've  always looked up to Jon Ross. They way he is able to move the puck and always be in position is really amazing.

3. What other hobbies do you have
I enjoy videos games with my friends, I also play the drums in my free time. I also enjoy going out and taking photographs of nature and random things i find interesting.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 12:22 PM by LonnyBohonos16.)

My questions were directed towards Tomasnz and his player, Peter Larson.

Question 1. What were your thoughts on being drafted to the Armada?
I am very happy here, at first I was sad not to be drafted higher up, and I had never been to Alaska before. But I can see why my manager wanted me to come here, it's a great team and a very friendly locker room. Also I am getting to start straight away which is what I wanted.

Question 2. What are your expectations for your rookie season?
I am hoping to not let the team down, being a goalie is hard, you always think about every goal you let through as a personal failing. But I also know that I am young and going up against very good forwards so I need to stay focused and know that as the season goes on I will get better and better.

Question 3. Would you rather see a picture of Donald Trump naked or your parents naked, Why?
I don't think you know much about Denmark, we see each other naked every time we go to the pools, also who is this Donald trump? I dont really watch American TV, is he famous?

Question 4. What would be the name of your sex tape and why?
Something about being an immoveable object meeting a sexy force... I am not funny at these.. maybe you can suggest one.

Question 5. If Peter Larson was to get arrested this season, what would it be for?
It could honestly be anything, I really haven't checked what the laws are here compared to home. Can you get arrested for  jay walking?

[Image: sins.png?width=500&height=334]

This interview was made with TommySalami, who is the lovely player Tony Pepperoni.

1. What are your roots in the shl? Where did you come from, How did you get here?

"My original player was a pizza delivery man turned professional hockey player, but I decided to change it up for my second player and be a person who worked at a pizza place turned professional hockey player."

2. What's it like playing with the Colorado Raptors? How do you think the raptors will perform this season?

"Playing with Colorado is great until they trade you to Detroit because they want to rebuild, but they beat you in the playoffs anyways."

3. What were the highlights of this draft class? Were there any surprises, or any players you wanted to have on your team or not on your team?
"Tons of surprises, Highlight was picking Lunga Gumba. Definitely didn't want @Good Ole Kimmy on the team, but I guess that doesn't matter now."

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

An interview with Aleister Cain, starting goalie for the St. Louis Scarecrows:

1. What is your favorite part about being a Scarecrow?
My favorite part of being a crow is how tight knit we are. I know you might hear that from every team, but I do truly believe that the Crows are a special bunch and it's fun to be a part of an active locker room where everyone is happy to see each other succeed.

2. How did your championship run last year help prepare you for your future in the SHL?
After making it so close to the cup before, it was a relief to get the sweep and win the cup. It happened pretty quickly and felt a little empty, but we were all happy to finally get it and add winning to our long resume. I believe Edmonton [his SHL team] is due for a cup very soon, so to be a part of that team would be amazing as well.

3. With the signing of Lee Marshall at the end of the pre-season, we've formed a prodigal three-headed goalie monster. How does this affect the team and the development of the team's goalies?
The third goalie signing is just Joe [GM of the Scarecrows] making sure if he loses me sooner than expected, he still has enough goalies in the pipeline. I know he has a plan for every situation and my SHL GMs haven't been open about when I'm going to be called up so I don't see any goalie controversy out of this. Though I have been the third goalie and it's rough, I trust that Joe will find playing time for everyone.

[Image: hvt8Jek.png]
G Billy Sorokin, #60
S45 - S48: St. Louis Scarecrows
S49 - Present: Chicago Syndicate
S46 100th Overall SHL Draft Pick, Chicago Syndicate
Four-Star Cup Champion - S45, S46*
SMJHL Regular Season Wins Leader - S46, S47, S48
*Starter

I reached out to fellow rookie Barry Batsbak - @Katth

Q - Where did you grow up?
A- I am from Battleford, Saskatchewan, but my grandparents immigrated from the Netherlands 30 years ago

Q- How did you get into hockey?
A- When I was 4 years is when I started. My dad would build a rink in the backyard every winter. I spent every free minute I had there with the kids from the neighbourhood.

Q- Why did you choose your position/playstyle. Is there any player that influenced you?
A- I've always loved playmaking. I would feed my friends some nice saucerpasses for them to score on. A player I look up to Nicklas Backstrom, one of the most underrated players in the NHL, but so important to his team. 

[Image: Sig-1.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png][Image: yIvjn4j.png]

I reached out to fellow rookie @5ympathies (Dick Clapper) to see how he was finding our new team.

1. How do you feel about the locker room environment in Kelowna?
The locker room in Kelowna is mighty dynamic. Immediately after being welcomed into the locker room I began my dick clapping ritual and I can feel a real strong bond to my teammates.

2. Aside from Guy Zheng, are there any teammates who have made a strong impression on you?
Guy Zheng is without a doubt the reason that Dick Clapper found his way into this league the day after the draft. Aside from him, however, Karlstraße Scholz seems to be an active player with a lot of experience.

3. Who do you model your play after?
I think I've recently been trying to model my play after Blake Wheeler, except the Indian version of him.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

I reached out to fellow rookie @goldenglutes (Guy Zheng) and asked him some questions to get to know him a little better.

1. What are your hobbies/interests aside from hockey?

Aside from hockey, I enjoy unwinding with some casual games like Golf With Your Friends and Minecraft Bed Wars. I'm also an avid cook so whipping up a nice meal is always a great time.

2. What are your ambitions of your career, and do you have any particular team that you would love to play for in the SHL?

First, I want to be the best offensive shooting defenseman in the J. As for the SHL, I'd like to be a top pairing defenseman who can carry the team on the powerplay. For teams, I'd be happy to go to any team as long as their locker room guys are nice. I'm fine with either going to a rebuilding team (so I'll have an easier time getting onto the team) as well as a winning team.

3. What sort of legacy do you want to leave behind after your career is over? 

I want to be known as the best British-Canadian-Chinese hockey player in the history of the SHL.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Kalvins Zvejnieks in a post-preseason game interviewing Falcons teammate Raino Kyllönen:

Question 1: How has the move to Detroit and your new roommates been?

"It was good. Big shock coming to the USA like this from my town in Finland, I’ve been here before but it feels so much bigger now. But I’m excited, it’s a really good opportunity for me. My roommates have been okay, I’ll only stay a short time with them I think, but they’re nice enough. Now I’m just looking for girls, so I want some numbers."

Question 2: what were you most focused on heading in to training camp? Any part of your game needed particular improvement? 

"I think the biggest improvement I focused on was my skating. I’ve always been okay, but I need to get better, because in a league like this it is the difference between an okay player and a great player, and I want to be great. Other than that, definitely faceoffs. It’s a part of our game that no one else on the ice really spends any time with, but you and I know how important it is. So throughout the season I will constantly drill them."

Question 3: Every time we go out for a team dinner you are able to outeat everyone else on the team. How do you pack so much away?

"Really I’m just trying to catch up to you, Zvejer. Trying to get stronger, too - whenever we’re on the ice against each other in practice you’re stuck to me like glue. I need to be able to push you off me sometimes, so if I eat enough and work hard enough in the gym you won’t be so annoying like that."

[Image: N8JhTE5.png]

Raino Kyllönen sits down with fellow Detroit Falcons  Falcons centerman Kalvins Zvejnieks...

1) Who’s been the biggest influence so far in your career and why?

"I'd definitely say Luke Thomas over in Vancouver. While I'm learning so much from the players and staff in Detroit, and if you ask me this question in half a season or so I guarantee it'll be someone from the Falcons, my time in Vancouver was great for mentoring and their advice was a big reason I went 4th Overall."

2) You’ve already had half a year in the J, but what do you hope you can accomplish this season personally?

"A 4-star Cup! In all seriousness, I'm the kind of guy who wants to contribute in any way possible, but my focus is to win as part of the team first, as long as I'm a positive influence on winning somehow." 

3) In the future, when you’re playing for Team Latvia and you come up against me with Team Finland, can you put the gold medal around my neck please buddy?

"Haha that means you would've had to make it past the group stage first, so I won't worry too much about that for now Wink"

[Image: H5SPYp4.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]
[Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

I interviewed @Nereus for this PT:

What do you think of the Scarecrow Organization?

What are you looking forward to this season because of the big draft class?

What are your personal goals this season?

I think we are a great team with veteran and rookie players of all types and sorts. We get along well and we play well. What's more ask?

I'm looking forward to the last season of Game of Thrones. Also Avengers: Endgame, Captain Marvel, and the new live action Spiderman sequel. Oh and some hockey I guess.

I'm just looking to make myself useful in the lineup wherever that may be. Last season I was training hard to work on my defense. This year I feel like I can get a lot better offensively, and I'm going to try to do just that.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

So for this Peter (Larson) sat down with team mate (Anchorage Amarda) and forward superstar of the future Olivier Cloutier, managed by @Jenny

So, you're kinda the big deal in our rookie class, how does it feel having been a first rounder and the expectations that come with that?

It's a big shock and a lot of pressure. I'm going to put in lots of extra hours of work this season for sure. (As Jenny, I'm fine with it; I'm confident I'm not going to quit or slack off on earning TPE, so I should be able to live up to my draft position - tho my production will be up to the whims of Simon T.)

Are you happy with the situation in anchorage? I know you've been aware of how other teams locker rooms run, any differences or highlights?

Yes, the team is nice and management seems like they really care and are fostering a winning culture. (Second half answered as Jenny - this is a fun LR with lots of people I know and some I'm looking forward to getting to know. We seem to have enthusiastic rookies which is awesome, and so far I think ascolap is an awesome GM, I'm impressed with him.) 

What are you hoping to achieve this season on the ice and off it?

On the ice, I want to make an impact and improve as much as possible as the season goes on. Off it, I like to hike, and I'm excited to scale some of the mountains around Anchorage when I'm not too busy with the team and school.

Cheers for answering these, last one, totally optional, any embarrassing hobbies you feel like sharing?

I don't totally hate romantic comedies, even though most of them are objectively awful. (As Jenny, I have NO SHAME, but if I did, I guess writing fanfiction would be embarrassing? lol)

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Questions for Parker Smeb

1. What would you like to achieve while playing hockey in North America?

My goal is definitely to become the first three sport athlete in North America while competing in hockey, Overwatch and League of Legends.

2. Who is your favorite and least favorite Smeb?

My favourite Smeb has to be Steve Craig-Smeb, there's just something about him. My least favourite Smeb is also Steve Craig because there's just something off about him.

3. If you could do anything else for a living then hockey what would it be?

My dream as a kid was always to play in the NBA and be the korean YAO MING so i'd probably be doing that.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 09:37 AM by Ason94.)

Answers from @39alaska39

1. How did you get in to sim league?

A: I saw a post on the Detroit subreddit back in July, thought it sounded fun and I fell I love with this place. Been here since the last Reddit class! 

2. Favorite hockey team, why? 

A: I’m a Red Wings fan, Dominik Hasek is the reason. I had wanted to be a goalie when I was a kid, he was my favorite, and I stuck with the Wings after he retired. 

3. you are stuck on an island, you can bring 3 things. 

A: Redwall the book, unlimited fettuccine Alfredo and something for me to listen to music on

@Troy_McClure03

1. How did you get in to sim league? 

A: Found a different now closed sim league, bounced over to here. 

2. Favorite hockey team, why? 

A: Like NHL team? Flyers, because I'm a sucker for pain. Fav. SHL team? Jets. Because we are the best! 

3. you are stuck on an island, you can bring 3 things. 

A:
1. Boat.
2.a giant de-salter thing for water.
3.gas for the boat.

[Image: knute.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 11:00 AM by Citizen of Adraa.)

So, my questions have been answered by the agent of goalie of raiders , Mike McKorsy, @Flames1848.

1. What other sports than presumably hockey do you follow? Some teams you would like to mention?
A: "I follow any kind of sports. NFL (49ers), MLB (Oakland A's), Soccer (VfL Bochum), NBA (LA Lakers) and darts."

2. Favourite way to spend free time?
A: "Family time is quality time. And I like to host a good BBQ party."

3. Favourite food?
A: "Burgers, pizza and steaks from the smoker. Nothing is better." There is a mention of a youtube channel for Flames' burger channel, but I am not sure if it is within rules, if anything, you can delete it, link is here

4. Favourite colour?
A: "My favourite colour is blue, because of my beloved soccer club <3."

So, thanks to you Flames, and looking forward to being a wall in front of you Smile

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

I asked @JKortesi81, CO-GM of St.Louis Scarecrows a few questions:

1. When did you signed up for the SHL?
I signed up for the SHL in July 2016

2. How many roles did you have in the SHL?
I’ve a had a few roles in the SHL: banker, STL GM, Head Office, All-Star Committee

3. How do you envision the future of the SHL?
The future of the SHL seems bright, with the last few draft classes bringing on a ton of fresh talent. The more these guys stick around, the better.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies