Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT 1 - Team Bonding

Interviewing St. Louis Scarecrows GM Joe Kurczewski

What's your favorite part of being a GM in the SMJHL?

My favorite part of being an SMJHL GM is helping new players learn how the sim works and getting them to the point where they really enjoy their player and the league.

What's your fondest memory of your time in St. Louis?
My fondest memory of St. Louis is FINALLY winning the Four Star Cup in S39.

Are there bigger things in future here? What positions in the league do you see yourself moving in to?
I’m not sure, to be honest. I’ve been Head Banker, Head Office, and a GM for a while. The only thing left for me to do is run an SHL team as a GM, which is why I applied for an expansion team.

Oh, follow up question! Where are you thinking of placing the expansion team?
Lol i'm not ready to reveal anything about that yet.

[Image: DBXYBXV.png]

Asking Montreal Militia Co-GM @Jearim about a few topics;

1. What advice would you give rookies making their way into the SMJHL for the first time?

"ask questions, everyone in this league has started in the same place and learning from them will help you develop better and learn the ropes of the league quicker. I didn't ask much when I was a rookie and if I had to go back in time just to learn stuff quicker I would." 

2. Who is the greatest player in SHL history in your opinion?

"greatest player hmmmm, being a goalie I'm going to say Jordan four four. I'm the starting Goalie in Texas and looking at the all-time renegade leaders form, his numbers are awesome and not easy to get to, if at all."

3. Rolling stones or The Beatles?

"not an easy choice, love rock and roll, the stones are fantastic but the Beatles were musical pioneers, I'll say the stones because I've listened to them a lot more."

4. Favourite NHL team?

"Born and raised in Montreal in real life so I was raised a Montreal Canadiens fan. Grew up learning about every Have legend and even seen a few taped games from the old days too."

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

[Image: pG58t9H.jpg?1]

[Image: TtSHTwn.png]

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: VhDOEWm.png]

Hans decided to sit down with the current Militias captain - Willy Mack and get to know him better as a player.

1. When you got drafted by Montreal what were your thoughts and had they changed since then?
When I was drafted I didn't know anything about the Militia to be honest. I knew the city of Montreal was beautiful and loves hockey so I was excited to move out and meet everyone. I am really happy now looking back because I have met some great friends on the ice and in the stands.

2. How do you become a captain for a team? What you would say are your biggest strength and weakness as a captain?
I was voted captain last season after a strong rookie season by myself. During my rookie year I spent a lot of time training to show my dedication. I was a very vocal locker room guy and tried to keep the whole team involved. To be a captain it's best to lead by example and take care of your own shit first. Biggest strength - I love to talk a lot. Biggest Weakness - Limited perspective so I have to work on understanding other peoples issues better. We have lots of different backgrounds on the team!

3. What you would still like to achieve in SMJHL before being called up?
Winning a Four Star Cup would be all that I hope for! I love all my new teammates and want to form a winning bond with them that lasts a lifetime. I would love to score a lot of goals on the way to it as well.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Fork Spoon had an awesome opportunity to sit down with St. Louis Scarecrows alumni Roman Augustus, who played in seasons 35-37

Q1. How do you feel that the Crows helped advance your career? What did you learn most from your time here?

A1. The Crows were instrumental to where I am now in the league. Not only did it help show me how to be a good player not only in juniors but in the SHL but it also helped groom me into the positions I now hold on the site. I learned the most from the people I spoke to. I made a lot of friends on the Crows who I spend a lot of time with in the league and who make this league absolutely enjoyable every day.

Q2. How did you first hear about the SHL, and what makes you continue being an active part of the league?

A2. I was a reddit recruit myself much like the current class of rookies. I continue to be active in the league because the people in the league are an amazing group that I very much enjoy interacting with. The people of the league are the driving force for us to thrive and continue to grow

Q3. Have you always enjoyed hockey? If so who's your favourite NHL team and why?

A3. I got into hockey about 15 years ago. Before that I was aware of it's existence and had watched a few games but never really followed the fanatic level that I do now. My favorite NHL team is the Pittsburgh Penguins (I know lol). I started liking the Pens because my best friend was a huge Red Wings fan and started to slowly getting me into hockey. One game the Wings and Pens were playing and I liked the logo and colors so I started rooting for them to annoy him. It ended up sticking and I've been a fan ever since.

A big thanks to TheDangaZone for taking the time to help me out with this!

[Image: Sig.jpg]
Scarecrows Fork Spoon Scarecrows                 Scarecrows Update Page Scarecrows

Interview with fellow teammate: Tibuk Soonika - G

Q1. What do you think you as a player add to the Anaheim Outlaws? As a player I hope to play as consistently as I can. Consistency is something I can give my teammates and they know what I can provide day in and day out and gives me a chance to know what I need to work on.

Q2. You and Mike Hunt will be competing for the starting spot in net. What do you think gives you the edge over Mike? Well aside from having a name that doesn't earn a ranking of PG-13. I am pretty solid in the shootout. I think I have a good developmental path for myself and my mask design is way better.

Q3. Goaltenders seem to be polarizing figures for teams. What do you think is the key to your position as a member of the Outlaws? I think they polarize because really a teams success can only go as far as a goalie can take them. Good goalies give teams a chance to win. Bad goalies can torpedo a good team fast. Being part of the Outlaws I think I give my team a chance to win each night even against good competition.

Just coming up with some questions for you

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2019, 10:26 PM by lueiGi. Edit Reason: Quick fix )

[Image: bqphU7t.jpg]

Brock Emmerton | LW - Two-Way Forward | Update Page Here
[Image: jguRfEa.jpg]
                                                            Armada  ARMADA  Armada

These questions were for Maxime Bouchard, Cotalay's teammate on the Anchorage Armada.

1. How was your path to the SMJHL and the Armada? 
I came from the GOMHL, so there are players here that I knew there and they persuaded me really. ML002 drafted me and I had no idea it was gonna happen really, but I’m thankful every day. Anchorage has the best people and I love it here.

2. What do you bring to the table to help out rookies like me this season? 
I only have minor experience so far in the league as well, but hopefully I’ve made myself approachable in case you had any questions. I’m always open to helping new players and getting them in the right direction if I can.

3. What are you looking forward to this season?
Playoffs for sure. I think we have the team to make it easily as long as nothing drastic happens, and I wanna get past the first round after last years turnaround by Vancouver which knocked us out.

Armada

I Loki Odinsson asked Andrew Martin
1Q: How did being moved to the big leagues impact you as a player?
A: 1. Being called up has impacted my player because I feel like I can actually progress towards things and face a bigger and badder challenge.
2q: What do you look forward most about being on the ice?
A:2. The most enjoyable part about being on the ice right now is just seeing my stats and how they improve, I did pretty well in juniors so going back to the bottom of the food chain and improving is really fun.
q3: Who do you want to fight the most?
A: Troy McClure III
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 01:44 AM by chetib.)

Sat down with elite Right Winger Collin Gibbles (@SpartanGibbles) of the Anaheim Outlaws

Q1. What would you describe as your key characteristics on and off the ice?
I would say my key characteristics include keeping a calm and level head no matter what chaos in happening around me. I would also list my sharp perception as a  key to my playstyle.

Q2. Do you have any special game day rituals you are able to share?
Before every game I like to go out on the ice and go blue line to blue line while seeing how many bank passes I can make for myself off the boards. 

Q3. What do you think are some of advantages the Outlaws have by being such a young team?
I think out biggest advantage is our cohesiveness and ability to adapt to the roles we need. We have a good core group that will serve us well in seasons to come.

Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Player interviewed: Donny McMasters aka Mantroll

Q1: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
A1: Currently happy to be living in Canada, but would love to live in Japan or Australia

Q2: Your player gets a specific goal song. What is it and why?
A3: Baby Shark song to annoy the other team

Q3: Favourite food?
A3: Pasta or Sushi

Dickens Makeout-King
Lethbridge Lion
69th Overall Pick S45 SMJHL Draft
Lover
LW
[Image: Lions.png]

A few questions with Lehtbridge Lions GM, @DanbyRem

Coming in as an expansion team, what are your goals for the first season in Lethbridge?

My goals are set for mid-season to late season due to the fact we are very new. We have a bunch of fresh new players who I believe as the season goes on we will become not only competitive but contenders for the cup. We come in short handed out of the gate compared to older teams but there is no doubt in my mind that once the playoffs begin we will be a powerhouse, we have a great group of people in our LR.

What made you decide to not only GM, but run an expansion team?

It's been my goal since coming to the league way back in S14 to not only GM a team, but to own one. I was a GM once before with the Montreal Impact, however, this is a whole new ball game. Starting an expansion and being the founding GM is something that only few can do in this league and I am proud to be one of those guys in the history of the SHL record books.

Any plans on eventually moving up to the big leagues to run a team?

Right now, no. The SMJHL has always been my favorite league. The cap makes things way more competitive for GMs and players, the random builds are always fun to see as well as the different characters throughout the league. Right now the Big League doesn't really interest me, I feel much better communicating and helping new guys and older guys build players as well as just shoot the shit with everyone and see what their interests are. I know you could probably do that with the SHL but the SMJHL will always have a place in my heart.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Sat down with Lethbridge forward Monkey D. Luffy to ask the following:

1. If you could play with any player in SHL history, who would it be?

"It would have to be Jonathan Kane because his role models are the same as mine! Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews."

2. If there was anything that you could be instantly good at that isn't hockey related, what would it be?

"I wish I could be instantly good at playing guitar, I've tried to learn it a couple times but it's so dang hard."

3. Out of all the guys on the team, who do you think is the party animal?

"I would love to say our GM Justice, but he's not a player... but I definitely think it would be Arsène Arsenich, for obvious reasons."

4. What is your pre-game routine?

"A good night's sleep, baked chicken and vegetables, and a light warm-up run to get the juices going. (with a hard on ice warm up)."

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Had an interview with @"ManitobaMakeoutKing:

1. What activities do you like to do when you have free time?

Hang out with friends and listen to music.

2. Favorite NHL team or player? Why?

Winnipeg Jets. My hometown.

3. What do you like most about SHL?

The communitiy. Seems like a good group of goofballs.

[Image: Ri3ORF0.png][Image: mcmasters_sig_2.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 01:13 PM by TnlAstatine.)

The S45 season is in full swing and the amount of rookies is complete madness! I sat down with one of those rookies (Jøln DuBølk @MCP_) to get to know them a little better! 

1. Who was your number one inspiration for becoming a hockey player?
As in doing the activity, my father. As in doing this professionaly, Wyatt Wøllker, most definitely.

2. It's early in the season and the Lions have been struggling a bit, how do you usually try to overcome adversity?
 I always try to think of the positives of every game. Some games are harder than others in that regard, but it's a good exercise that keeps momentum from game to game.

3. Athletes have to eat healthy foods to be in top shape. What foods do you have to give up when you're in training?
Donuts. When I told my PT guy that I ate a box of donuts before a game in Juniors, the poor man almost had a heart attack (laughs).

4. What have you learned about teamwork from being on this team? How does the team make you a better player?
I learned that it takes dedication from everyone to learn a new system. Learning together not only makes myself better, but the team better as well.
Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]