Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT 1 - Team Bonding

Hello there, I had the chance to ask my teamate @Noble some questions, I want to thank him for his time and I hope you'll enjoy his answers to my questions.  Knights

Transcription:
Hey there Noble, I'm looking to get to know you a bit better so here are my questions:

1. What is your previous experience with sim hockey? Do you prefer virtual hockey to be a solo experience or a group one (like on SHL):

Well I've been around the SHL for twenty seasons as of this season, so I have a lot of experience you could say. I love things like the SHL, but I also love playing alone. Honestly the simulation hockey community in general is just great.

2. What is your favorite aspect of hockey?

Definitely the brotherhood and the patriotism. Especially here in Canada where people are so invested in the support and it is almost a life style, it's always fun to see that hockey is so prevalent in this country no matter where you go.

3. Do you have any special talent or unique aptitude you are proud to have?

Yeah I make music man, I like to think I'm talented and shit and I'm on that grind, feel free to plug me if you want haha.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Questions to mcgriddlelover

How do you feel the SMJHL draft went for the falcons, do you think the new players will help the team compete for a four star cup?
I think the draft went well. All of our rookies are not only good with their updates but active in discord. As long as everyone keeps up on their updates and puts out a good build Detroit will win a cup.

You were recently named an Alernate captain for the falcons, along with 2 other players. Where do you rank detroits leadership core with others in the league?
I think we have a great leadership group. I believe we're all pretty friendly with new guys and vets across the locker room. Mayuu was a great choice for captain, always friendly and helpful with the team

Finally what are your expectations for your player this season?
My expectations have changed. At first I wanted nothing but the four star. Our team is solid, we run 4 lines and have great management here. With my recent call up though I'm now focusing on adjusting to the big leagues and preparing for the bigger competition

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Micool and I

Why is Kelowna so full of Habs fans?
This team is so full of habs fan because habs are the best team ever in NHL history. Only winners want to play for the Knights. I think fans of other teams are wrong and should follow the habs.

What does Kelowna mean to you?
Kelowna itself doesn't mean a lot to me at first glance. I know it is a small city with a succesful Major Junior Franchise, a bit like my hometown of Chicoutimi but with more success into developing pro NHL players. Kelowna was also the first team to ever draft me in the SHL where I met some of the coolest guys around like Count Chocula, Narconis, JRT, Kez and I might miss some others but I spent a lot of time with them on chatzy few years ago. So Kelowna meant a lot to me and that's why I signed as a FA with them.

Tell me about your first SMJHL season
My SHMJL season started on the slower side. I am developing a power forward and as my character has not been updated yet I am still on the basic template but I acknowledge it wouldn't change much right now. However, as far as it goes, my defensive play as been solid enough to not be a liability and I managed to get a couple of hits as well as an assist on my first match. I can only hope to improve my play and bring success to the team in a supporting role.

@Joester09
[Image: L7KvTby.png]

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

My interview with Vancouver Whalers teammate and defenseman Barret McCarthy:

1. As a veteran of the Vancouver Whalers, what are your expectations and goals for the team as a whole and you individually this year?

I fully expect us to go deep into the playoff as we have each season for the last few. We have an amazing rookie class coming in as well as many seasoned veterans and a management team that keeps us competitive every season. With that amount of knowledge and youthful exhilaration i fully expect to succeed once again.

2. How/where did you first hear about SHL and what roles and jobs have you had since first joining the league?

I joined a while back during another reddit draft if I recall correctly, and my first player Cloud made a small flash in the pan, but nothing like his brother Barret has since joining. I recently picked up my first job as a PT grader and have had the privilege to be part of the Whalers management team.

3. Given your TPE standing do you see yourself pursuing the SHL draft soon or sticking in the SMJHL for a longer period of time?

Luckily my SHL team, the Manhattan Rage, has been very open with me and I expressed to them that i wanted one more season in the juniors, which would be this season, to help inflate my TPE total before I move up, so I feel like i can bring the maximum ability possible to my SHL team when i get called up.

Backdoor Barnacle - RW - Vancouver Whalers

[Image: BBBARN.jpg]

In an effort to help create chemistry between rookies and their new team, SMJHL GM's asked their rookies to do a short interview with a fellow teammate. In St Louis, right winger Michael Fox was lucky in being able to interview team captain, Slip McScruff. 

Michael Fox: You happen to be our captain for this season, that obviously comes with a lot of trust and responsibility from the coaching staff. What do you think prepared you to take on a leadership role in the years before you got to the SMJHL?
Slip McScruff (@Scrufdaddy): Wow, what a great, uh... question. Most people focus on my career in the J and completely ignore my life before hockey. They don't realize that I was a manager at a very successful Wendy's in my previous life. We had the best sales in the tri-town area and had the cleanest bathrooms in the state. I led as a role model back then and I'm hoping to lead as a role model now. Man, this question really uh... takes me back. I really reached those kids, they had clever nicknames for me like "Super Slip", "Slip Up", and "Leave me alone, I'm on my smoke break".

MF: What has been your favorite moment in the locker room so far this season? Any that involve some of our rookies?

SM: I don't think I have one favorite moment to look at this season, instead my favorite moments are getting to congratulate our 1st stars in the locker room after good games. What's really special this season, is that we've had 3 rookies get 1st stars on our wins, you included. It really shows this season is going to be a full team effort, and not carried from the top down.

MF: Last question and we can hit the ice. There have been some chatter about this possibly being your last season in the SMJHL. Regardless of the validity in those rumors, who on the team do you think is poised to don the ‘C’ when you move up?
SM: Ya know, I haven't actually had that call up conversation yet, but we can't rule anything out. The Jets defense is looking a little rough this season, so they might need me sooner rather than later, but really I'll always be a Crow no matter when they make that call. In regards to my successor? It's really a hard thing to uh... tell at this point in the season. I don't know if anyone thought I'd be in this position at this time last season. What I look for is someone who brings a positive attitude to the locker room. In my case, I received a lot of good help from the captains in my rookie season which inspired me to pay it forward. So I would check in on all the rookies at the end of the season to see if we have any 'C' material crop up, then fill the 'A's with the aging veterans to support that 'C'. I think it would actually be uh... an honor to be moved to an 'A' to make room for a younger 'C' if I had an impact on that player.

Some surprisingly insightful questions from the rookie and some interesting answers from the Crow's captain. St Louis (5-6-0) is back in action tomorrow against Colorado (6-3-2).

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Matsson here, and today we're gonna talk to the new Halifax Raiders GM, @Jearim

1. Nice of you to take your time to answer some questions I have. First off, you recently became the GM for Halifax Raiders. What were you doing when the announcement hit?
"I was working a 27 he shift. I was surprised they chose me but was really excited at the chance to work with this team."

2. That's good to hear! How well did you know the players coming into your role as GM? Anyone stood out in particular?
" I would say I'm getting comfortable with knowing players on this team. Obviously Montgomery I've known since last season and he's a hell of a d man. The rookies I'm getting to know well. Watching them in our LR, its fun to see their personality come out."

3. And my final question to you is: Who is your favorite rookie in the dressing room, and why is it Troy Reynolds?
"Troy Troy Troy...lol. Hes in loved in everything and you never have to worry about him. He's got drive and an intense hate for Montreal....hmmmm need to figure out why..."

I thank you once again @Jearim For this interview, and welcome you to this magnificent squad!

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 10:26 PM by ArGarBarGar.)

My interview with Vancouver alumn and current Co-GM of the Manhattan Rage @GeckoeyGecko

Interviewer: How have you felt about your time as a [Co]GM for Manhattan? Anything you have learned so far that you didn't know when you started?

Gecko: I went into the shl draft pretty much blind. I knew that the rage was in the midst of a rebuild, what I didn't know was that they were rebuilding their LR as well. I think that that's been one of me and JYs greatest accomplishments, completely turning around many peoples views of Manhattan, and turning it into both a very attractive draft destination as well as an attractive FA one. I'm very happy with how the LR has come along, we have a lot more than we did when I came in.
Now as we're starting to come out of our rebuild teamwise, I could not be more excited for this team, for our rookies coming up, and for some of the older guys who have been waiting for this.

Interviewer: Describe Tokek Takshak's career so far. Better, worse, or exactly as you have expected?

Gecko: I'm happy with Takshak's career, its been going way better than I thought it would. He's my second sim league player, after Whis Cashper in GOMHL. Cashper was garbo, so it was really nice to see Tokek be not garbo. While I do wish we could've won a couple more 4 stars during my time here in VAN, I'm happy that we got what we did, and am ecstatic over my unanimous allstar rookie team selection. The funny thing is that I find myself surrounded by so much talent all the time, I feel almost guilty or lucky sometimes. My TPE count has already been passed by at least @Luke(Luke Thomason), alaska, and JY, and I'm sure there are more.

Interviewer: The S46 draft class is looking to be quite a big one. Have you yourself done any scouting yet, and if so what kind of route do you think you take in the draft? If not have you thought about how the potential new actives will fit in with your current LR?

Gecko: I'm always thinking about how people will fit into our LR, although I'm glad to say that I very rarely find problems. We have some in-LR d&d going, and I tend to ask people if they have any interest in joining that. I've done most of my scouting passively so far, looking at activity in LRs and the SHL main chat.
as well as the czech discord. There are a lot of great prospects this draft, and I'm happy to see a lot of them here, from your player, of course, to the likes of Off and Gobbles. We'll be looking at both recreates and first gens for our picks, and its been extremely competitive so far.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

I chose to interview Andris Dzerin's Teammate and Linemate Brock Emmerton (@lueiGi)

Where is Brock Emmerton from and why are they proud to be from there?
-Brock is from Canada, specifically, the prairies. He grew up in a rural area, and then shifted to the city life. He was brought up understanding hard work and dedication.

What does Emmerton like the most about playing for the Armada?
A)Brock is most excited he gets a big boat on his jersey. He was severely disappointed when he found out that he doesn't actually get to play hockey games on the boat, but he'll take what he can get. Moreover, Brock has bonded well with some of the teammates, but doesn't know some of the veterans too well. Brock likes the GM.

What kind of player are you trying to build Brock Emmerton into, and why?
-The goal is to be more of a grinding player who can dish out punishment and dig for the puck. Ideally, Brock is a smooth passer with a knack for positioning. Still learning on how to tune these attributes. I didn't know too much about the league before starting and figured it might be fun to shape a player like this, a support player, if you will.

What do you hope to achieve in this rookie season for Brock, and the Armada?

-At the very least, a decent plus/minus score. Something in the high positives. I'd also like to see a lot more hits and some assists. Gotta knock those opponents off the puck!

[Image: 57238_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019, 11:55 AM by Wally.)

1. What is your best experience so far in Montreal?
that time wally pinged me
2. After a quick start, how do the Militia keep up this hot streak?
JR is bae
3. What could you see improving before the season end?
Locker room hygiene

Authentic @JR95 answers

[Image: Wally.png]