Create Account

S45 PT #1 - Stadiums

The Staples Center is a good modern arena but damn is it crowded. Aside from my Los Angeles Panthers it also houses the LA Clippers, the Lakers, the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks as well as various musical acts and other shows throughout the year. Oh and then of course there also is a minor league hockey team called the LA Kings who play there occasionally. So what should we do, get our own arena and move out? Wrong! No, it's time to kick someone else out who quite frankly isn't pulling their weight. Obvious the Kings are the first to go, who would house a minor league franchise in his arena when he already has one of the premier SHL franchises in his fold. All these guys do is ruin our ice and make a mess in the locker rooms so they are out! The Sparks can obviously stay because we are all white knight snowflakes, aren't we? At least that's what some facebook post that my aunt shared told me! So the last question is: Do we really need two basketball teams and if not, which one has to go? And the answer is: I don't know because I don't know anything about basketball. Is Dirk Nowitzki on one of those teams? No? Well then I don't care anyway!
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 09:52 PM by GoonerBear.)

Madison Square Garden, the most famous venue in the world...and home of only one champion in recent memory. The Knicks? Nah. The Rangers? Not even the best hockey team in the house. The Manhattan Rage have been given leeway to make their terms to spruce up the place. First off, we're redecorating with retractable banners around the entire arena to drop when it's Rage Gameday. The ice will feature stripes and markings in red and black. Yes, even the blue line will be black. Yes, we got permission. No, the Rangers can't change it.

MSG is also a hockey-only venue now. The Rangers at least can still bank on the Cup they won 25 years ago, though we campaigned successfully for the Knicks' eviction. We pulled out the basketball court and equipment. No more of those shenanigans. We're also getting our own set of decorations for outside the venue and they will be larger than the Rangers'. Billboards around will prominently feature Rage stars and the general managers on them.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Firstly, fuck the knicks. They suck and can go play somewhere else. The Isles have two home stadiums, I'm sure they'll be fine with the Rangers moving into one of them.

Anyhow, now that we have the arena to ourselves, we can start making renovations. Firstly, what if we could send the whole thing up through the roof? An outdoor game whenever the weather is nice (or not nice) enough? Probably completely and utterly infeasible, but we're gonna do it anyway. Secondly, we can replace all the vendors and whatnot with Takshak Burritos. Of course, we wont really need more than 5, so we can rent out all the other space to any fans who seem to want it. Who knows why they'd want it, really, there's no view at all, but I'll gladly take their money.
Also, we need to bump the seating capacity up a bit. We'll have a couple seats taped to the ceiling, looking down on the ice. Birds-eye view and whatnot.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

[Image: YVXUJ8m.png]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

The Winnipeg Arena has always been too small for the fan base. I purpose we take the roof off and install new seats held up by hot air balloons in the shape of jets. If it rains? Oh well. Snow? That’s the way the game is suppose to be played anyways. Of course with that many hot air balloons in the air the question of costs come up. How do I plan to pay for it this? Easy, we tell everyone who buys a ticket that they must be certified to operate a hot air balloon or else pay an extra $1000 per seat. What about the cold breeze, how will you keep people warm in the arena? Even easier to answer! We dont. They make coats and gloves for a reason. But if this doesn’t pass then I guess we could build a new arena somewhere else with more seats. :shrug:

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

Welfare - NSFL PT

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 11:27 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: wnbUpgr.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

With the TD Ameritrade acquisition of Scottrade, the naming rights for the arena are in question.  As a St. Louis institution since 1852, Anheuser-Busch is the perfect naming partner for the foreseeable future of the St. Louis arena.

The initial proposed deal includes a yet to be determined amount of money in exchange for the arena to be renamed the "Bud Light Ice Cold Arena" in addition to some cosmetic updates.  Cosmetic updates include color schemes to match the shared palette of the Scarecrows / Anheuser-Busch, as well as a lavish main entrance featuring the iconic Eagle / A logo of the Anheuser-Busch brewers.

Besides the obvious financial benefit to the stadium's upkeep and development, Anheuser-Busch is prepared to partner with the St. Louis Scarecrows for additional promotional opportunities.  Some examples include happy hours following every Scarecrow Power Play goal, and "Designated Driver" non-alcoholic happy hours following every Scarecrow Penalty Kill.

In return, the St. Louis Scarecrow organization will contract out their players to host "Meet the Crow" mixers at the downtown brewery.  During holiday seasons, Anheuser-Busch sets up their temporary ice rink at the brewery, and these mixers will be extended to include some friendly pick up games against the fans.

The only truly questionable aspect of the proposal is the new arena slogan of "Up for Anything" which comes from a failed marketing campaign in 2015.  While the arena organization hoped to cut that out, Anheuser-Busch was persistent that the slogan didn't condone irresponsible behavior and would eventually catch on.

Word Count: ~260

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

The Edmonton Blizzard's arena, Rexall Place, has seen some better days. While it's not in dire need of a fix up, there is some work that needs to be done.

First off all, there needs to be way more washrooms. Fans are having to go in the sinks because of the lack of toilets. I think we can offer them a better service. Another thing I would like to see is self serve beer taps. I saw those at another arena and it's a great way to get the drunks out of the lineup for people who just want some popcorn or a hot dog.

As for the name, I heard the naming rights are expiring soon. With Edmonton's rich history in oil, I won't be surprised to see the owners sell the naming rights to Castrol. Very soon, we could be playing out of the Castrol Energy Centre. It actually doesn't have too bad of a ring to it.

So there you have it fans, get ready a new and improved Castrol Energy Centre, with more washrooms and self serve beer taps!

(183 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

It has been many year since the Winnipeg Jets have made a new arena and it may be about time for just that. Back in the day they used to have some of the most state of the art equipment and lighting. The current proposal set forward by the Fleming Flamingo Organization for Kids Who Don't Read Good states that there should be a new arena not 1000 steps from a Dairy Queen and a P.F. Changs. Along with that we suggest a new scoreboard at the cost of 10 million dollars which will have the clearest high definition picture available in any North American venue. In addition to these upgrades all seats in the arena are being replaced with new luxury seats and all suites will be completely refinished inside and out and will each be equipped with a Sennheiser sound system. This will all of course be sponsored by Dairy Queen and P.F. Changs which would eventually be opening their own restaurants in the arena in one year's time. The arena's new proposed name would be the P.F. Changs Dairy Queen Arena. Really rolls off the tongue doesn't it?

194 words

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Over the years, and by years I mean many years, I've been privileged to play for quite a few of the SMJHL and SHL teams. When on all of the teams, they each had something different and special to offer. Some it's their location, the team name, the logo and jerseys, the players, the management or the success. If this was about picking any team, I'd have an easier time but of all the teams I've played for, it's difficult to even attempt at moving one. I guess if we were to move a team, we'll dip right into it and basically move the team where I got my first hot start - Hamilton. I've been on the site since S3 or something like that and it took me 13 or whatever seasons to finally find a true home. Fitting, some 20+ seasons later, I be the one to return and move the team. After all of it!

Where are we going?
I can see a possibility for so many teams, but I'm really liking Chicago or Philadelphia. For the sake of it though, we're moving the organization to a completely different place for the fuck of it and goo.... Chicago Hitmen. They're making a return to the league, but this time it's in the fashion of a SHL team, not a juniors organization. For me, Chicago is a hot place to add to the league and in my eyes, will be put up there in a great hockey division of Edmonton, Minnesota and company. Chicago is a hockey loving city and in return, will be loved by the SHL.

What's new?
Well, they're moving location and have placed it in an amazing area that contends with the best arenas in the world. They've really done up the area, renovated everything and completely turned it upside down. The arena is amazing, they've added 2 restaurants, 2 bars and a spa. Obviously numerous other food and drink things, accommodations and shopping shit.

Extra BS:
Seating Capacity: 26,350 (We go big, not home)
Average ticket price: $141
Price of a Beer: $7.85
Party Suite: 150/person for maximum of 20.

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

When I first showed up to Edmonton I was excited to check out the revitalized downtown core and check out the brand new arena. I went to security showed my credentials and was promptly turned down. "Blizzard play at the old rexall building. Northlands Coliseum as it's now called again". I obviously was confused. So should the blizzard renovate? Should they build a new arena? No they should move into the brand spankin new arena that I was just denied access into!

Rogers place would be so much nicer! I assume there's some kind of tunnel system that would keep me from going outside in the winter. Rexall is just in a big parking lot and it's so freakin cold getting inside. Also, the concessions at Rogers Place have a Pizza 73 and I still don't know why they don't just call it Pizza Pizza out west, or Pizza 73 out east. It's the same thing. But most importantly, the lighting at Rogers Place makes it look like I'm playing hockey in an arena and not my mom's basement. So yeah. Let's make the switch.

[194 words]

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

First thing first, we're gonna tear down the Xcel Energy Center! And Minnesota is going to pay for it! We're going to build the biggest, most state of the art, winningest stadium in the history of stadiums. It's going to include 120,000 seats! Minnesota will pay for it! We're going to have not one, but three Taco Bell located in it. It is going to be, and many experts agree, the best Stadium ever in the history of anything that has ever been. And in getting rid of the Xcel Energy stadium name, we are going to name it, and I promise you this, the Wall Stadium! It's going to be sponsored by Busch's Baked Beans, and every intermission we'll have ice girls on the ice launching cans of baked beans into the crowd! Let's here it, people, Build The Wall!

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Calgary's Pengrowth Saddledome was built for the 1988 Winter Olympics, which makes it one of the oldest arenas in the league. Ideally, Calgary would want a new home to be built to move into, and this may just happen with the 2026 Olympics coming to North America. Unfortunately that is still 7 years away, so to make the fans happy, and keep them coming every night to watch the Dragons go out there and strive to make the playoffs for the 21st time in 22 season, they have announced a everyday pricing format for concession sold at the arena. A family of four on average will be spending less than $30 to eat, with bottomless sodas costing $2, hot dogs costing $2, Pizza $3, and for the over 18 crowd, a 16 oz cup of Molson will run $5. Down $4.50 from previous seasons. We believe that this pricing will keep the fans coming back on a nightly basis until it is time that a new arena is built that will itself be a selling point for fans in the future.

183 Words

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Maxime has only been at the Pengrowth Saddledome for a few weeks, and for the most part, he loves the arena and can't find anything to fault with it. Except 2 things. 

The first of which is that the arena is called the Saddledome.
You ever see a Dragon wear a saddle? Exactly.
But what to call it instead? Cave or Den aren't good names for an arena, and Volcano didn't really work either. Maxime knew the name should incorporate fire or heat somehow and he had the perfect name.

The Pengrowth Magmapit.
A pit is circular in shape, just like a stadium. A pit is sunken in nature, just like the seating layout. And what could be hotter natural substance than the centre of the earth itself? It fits like a glove.

The second thing was that the arena didn't have a single dragon statue anywhere. How are you supposed to intimidate the enemy without having a gigantic mythical beast to strike fear into their hearts?

This is exactly what the Magmapit needed:
[Image: 35aa0e67ef7d324fd9a421e0ee5eff1d.jpg]

Maxime went to hire the same guys who pulled that off but quickly realised he couldn't speak Thai, nor did he own the arena.
He has told them though and is currently waiting on approval from the board of directors.
Dragons Dragonite Dragonite Dragons

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada