Create Account

Little Idea For New Members

Just a little idea to help new members catch up a bit in terms of bank account. Also gives them another little incentive to visit the site each day other than sims.

*For first gen rookies only

Weekly Lottery
A lottery which is held every Sunday. Members earn tickets throughout the week from completing Daily Tasks similar to Daily Quests in a lot of video games. These tasks would be easy to complete, such as simply making a forum post. Our goal with this would be to get these new members thinking of our site everyday, hopefully keeping them active.

Haven't really thought too much about the specifics of the Daily Tasks, but hopefully some members have some good ideas.
Example
Monday: Make a forum post anywhere in the public forum.
Tuesday: Write a very short themed article about blah blah blah
Wednesday: Make a tweet
Thursday: Find the Golden Ticket posted in a new post somewhere on the public forum.*PM the post to whoever is running it*

Each time you complete your Daily Task, you are rewarded 1 ticket. At the end of the week, whoever is running this will do a lottery.

Those are the basics, now the rest really depends on the amount of first gen rookies we have each season. These rules can change season to season. In some seasons where we have like, 5 new first gen players, then this system doesn't really need to be used at all. If you want, just use it for Reddit Draft seasons.

I was thinking we could give out prizes to 3 winners each week this season(1st 2M, 2nd 1M, 3rd 500k), considering the draft class is massive. Also could implement a rule where there is a maximum amount of times you can win the lottery. Assuming a season is 6-7 weeks, then maybe 3 times max?

To organize this, hire someone and give them their own forum area. A sticky thread is created at the beginning of each week. If the task is "create a forum post" then they simply link their post to the thread, and claim their lottery ticket. Whoever runs this just verifies, and keeps track of the tickets.

Thank you for reading SHL, looking forward to your feedback Cheers

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

I like the idea in principle, we used to have random lotteries when I first joined the site. I think you had to buy tickets, something like 500K for 1 or 1 mil for 3. Would definitely be something to pass the off-season by.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

As a new member, I do like this idea. However, I think you should be careful with introducing new tasks. It is already a bit confusing, how you claim your TPE from tasks. And it's not really clear for beginners, what will give you TPE and what money. If you introduce new tasks and the reward for those will be lottery tickets, it introduces another kind of "ressource" into the site.

I think a much simpler solution would be to just pick a bunch of random forum posts in certain subforums (say general discussions, for example). That way, more active users have more entries.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

As a new member i dislike the idea of a lottery. In my opinion, you will have to earn TPE, not get it for free.
New members already get some things for free: free training worth 500k, first contract worth $3m, double media post.

(offtopic: I don't really understand the idea behind the double media payout on a new member's first media post. As a new member you don't have much to say yet, for me it makes more sense to use a fixed incentive (i.e. $1m plus normal media payout))

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

I don't like a lottery either. If you want to increase rookies income and activity than give them a higher incentive for media payout or their first job on the site.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

01-02-2019, 09:30 AMgordieboom Wrote: As a new member i dislike the idea of a lottery. In my opinion, you will have to earn TPE, not get it for free.
New members already get some things for free: free training worth 500k, first contract worth $3m, double media post.

(offtopic: I don't really understand the idea behind the double media payout on a new member's first media post. As a new member you don't have much to say yet, for me it makes more sense to use a fixed incentive (i.e. $1m plus normal media payout))
I like this second part. A lot of new members don’t really understand to take advantage of the double media (I know I didn’t)

Maybe keeping it double but having a minimum extra payout of 1 million?

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 10:43 AM by Daco.)

Booo XD is a lameo <_<

https://goo.gl/images/pWupzY

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

01-02-2019, 09:55 AMkit Wrote:
01-02-2019, 09:30 AMgordieboom Wrote: As a new member i dislike the idea of a lottery. In my opinion, you will have to earn TPE, not get it for free.

I like this second part. A lot of new members don’t really understand to take advantage of the double media (I know I didn’t)

We could always look at letting users use their double media whenever they want instead of right away.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

01-02-2019, 11:15 AMDangles13 Wrote:
01-02-2019, 09:55 AMkit Wrote: I like this second part. A lot of new members don’t really understand to take advantage of the double media (I know I didn’t)

We could always look at letting users use their double media whenever they want instead of right away.

would also be a good fix imo

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers