Create Account

Media Idea

So i put this into a PT task last season and figured I would bring it up again, because I think it's an idea worth discussing.

A big issue for some people (including myself) is finding a media topic to write about, and we all know without the moneys, there is no gear and training.

Why not have (bi?)weekly media tasks people can participate in, allowing everyone to voice an opinion on a topic like they do the PT tasks, and award maybe an additional 25% ( @MikeIzzy's contribution on amount ) on top of the normal payout.

The idea is to keep everyone involved and engaged, and earning money to train and better their players. I figure the media tasks can be simple topics people can expand on, and also would likely be fun reads for the community.

Thoughts?

I like this a lot. It allows for people to be creative without having people think up ideas themselves. I know people want to write but have no idea what to write about. And a little bonus at the end for the best ones would be a cool goal to reach plus the money payout

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I’ve seen this idea work well for a while in NSFL. The problem is that there needs to be a person coming up with ideas on a regular basis.

@Inf1d3l would you have the ideas open for all or work as a claim? (ex: i claim and no one else can do this)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Or just make media supplement PTs so we don't do stale PTs anymore.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

01-02-2019, 12:57 PMZoone16 Wrote: I’ve seen this idea work well for a while in NSFL. The problem is that there needs to be a person coming up with ideas on a regular basis.

@Inf1d3l would you have the ideas open for all or work as a claim? (ex: i claim and no one else can do this)

I figure the idea can be open for all for a set period of time, similiar to a PT, and maybe 1 or 2 a season to keep it from overtaking media altogether with the larger payout

01-02-2019, 01:26 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Or just make media supplement PTs so we don't do stale PTs anymore.

Wouldnt be a bad idea to marry the two somehow, though im not sure how that would work fairly

I like this. We could have the topics be compiled into a magazine maybe? This would not only allow people who like to write a chance to make some money, but we could also allow graphics savvy people make a cover, renders, illustrations, ads, (etc) for the magazine.That way people aren't just hammed into writing all the time.

[Image: Geza.gif]

sig credit: ml002, Reynolds 
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] | [Image: B4x6AQm.png]

01-02-2019, 12:57 PMZoone16 Wrote: I’ve seen this idea work well for a while in NSFL. The problem is that there needs to be a person coming up with ideas on a regular basis

Just get the thing set up. Creating content is the easy part.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

01-02-2019, 02:07 PMMeursault Wrote: I like this. We could have the topics be compiled into a magazine maybe? This would not only allow people who like to write a chance to make some money, but we could also allow graphics savvy people make a cover, renders, illustrations, ads, (etc) for the magazine.That way people aren't just hammed into writing all the time.

Yeah I feel graphics would be included as well just like a regular PT, keeps all bodies involved equally

Great idea!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Yeah I’ve always thought a league-wide media topic was a nice idea, even if it didn’t get a bonus.. just something to stir discussion and provide a writing prompt

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

if it allows people to have an idea to talk about and get money for doing it along with getting more people involved, makes the site better.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2019, 03:41 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

01-02-2019, 01:45 PMInf1d3l Wrote:
01-02-2019, 01:26 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Or just make media supplement PTs so we don't do stale PTs anymore.

Wouldnt be a bad idea to marry the two somehow, though im not sure how that would work fairly

If eggy and HO give us there blessing.. the PTD can take this task up... adding topics is what we already do.. it wouldn’t be much of a stretch to come up with the plan For a weekly media topic. submit a plan to HO (get there OK) and then run with it.

@JKortesi81, @TheDangaZone, @adamantium, @Eggy216

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria