Create Account

S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye? the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that." -> @mikeIzzy

Pedersen Jr: Thanks for the question George, growing up watching my dad play for the Dragons for so many season, I got to see a lot of different players and styles out there. The players that always caught my eye, and were the power forwards that could find the back of the net. Guys like Randy Randleman, Joe K, and especially Mike Izzy. Hardworking, hard hitting, with the skill to find the back of the net. It's what gets rewarded in this league. I see that more than ever now. Which is why when determining what kind of build I was going to for, I knew that I didn't want to be a pass first center like my father, I decided that throwing my body around the ice and concentrating on scoring was going to be the model for the next Pedersen superstar. Izzy meets all of the questions that you have asked. His work ethic on the site is top notch. On the ice, he's one of the best two way forwards in the league, to go along with that, there isn't a better teammate. I couldn't think of a better player to emulate in building a player.

199 Words

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...entry54302

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopi...t&p=167889
USERNAME: Bayleyisland

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye? the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that." -> @vbottas17

Yes, thanks George. A lot of people might think I would say my uncle Riko, but while he definitely first sparked my interest in hockey, he was not the player I wanted to be like. I forst saw this player, Jean-Luc Reflieux, he was in the news because even though he was Canadian, he was a dual citizen with Norway, and it was a big deal at the time that he chose Norway as his IIHF team, a guy with a lot of skill, and he was a big part of Norway's success in the S30's. I always loved that he was a great skater with elite playmaking and puckhandling skills, and in our road hockey games I always was him scoring the gold medal winner in overtime! I definitely have modeled my own game after him, and would be thrilled if I could ever get to his heights of talent. To top it all off, I was so amazed to get to be teammates with him in the last couple IIHF tourneys, I was a bit of a fanboi and asked for his autograph, I felt like such a kid! But he was so gracious and didn't mock me too much, and he even worked with me at practice, showing me a few tricks and pointers. Even now when we have games as opponents, he always has a few words of encouragement and reminds me to stay positive even when things aren't going well. I hope to have half the career he's had, and one day be considered alongside him as one of Norway's all-time greats!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye?  the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that."    -> *Tag that Person

Clearly the first person to catch my eye was Oisin Fletcher. The whole reason why I became a Left Winger. Fletcher ranks 11th overall in goals for the New England Wolfpack. She also holds the number five overall record for Goal winning games in one season, Season 44, for the Edmonton Blizzard. Flechers record stands at 8 game winning goals. Sitting pretty At 1916 TPE and being in the season 36 draft class she still has all season before regression. Fletcher can easily make it to the two thousand club with is amazing. Oisin Fletcher isnt just great in the SHL, she is amazing in IIHF also. Posting two bronze medals, one silver, and most recently three back to back gold medals all with Ireland. To add on top of her pure skill, Oisin Fletcher is is a gem in the locker room. Always a great personality to have around. So in short, Mika Mayfield admires and wants to be like Oisin Fletcher one day.   
@Evok  Heart

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

[Image: vTLF6tf.png]

[Image: 3.png]

[Image: VPu3wKP.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019, 08:03 PM by Bonk.)

The player to first catch my eye, that I wanted emulate was Esa Anrikkanen. The man was exiting out of this pimped out ford explorer.

[Image: Braun-Ability-MXV.jpg]

Not only is he a legend in the SHL and the league all-time scoring leader but also the way his silver hair reflected off his Larry Flint limited edition gold wheelchair was amazing.

[Image: Hustler+founder+Larry+Flynt+seen+being+w...2kq2Hl.jpg]

Then I saw his nurse and I lost it. The way she lovingly changed his colostomy bag. The loving look in her eye made me yearn for such a caring aid in my old age.

[Image: 1427669449855.gif]

The other thing that blew me away about his nurse was diligent way she kept him filled with chicken parm smoothies, which was both disgusting and exciting to some degree.

[Image: Paleo-Chicken-Parmesan-04.jpg]

She would carefully remove move his pimped out dentures and insert a straw and she was so careful it make sure his gums were not cut and carefully wiped his mouth clean.

[Image: geometric-carved-rhinestone-denture-grillz.jpg]

I can only hope and dream to have such style when I am a veteran of the league but with only one season under my belt, I have a long way to go.

@Steelhead77

Words ~190

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019, 09:26 PM by Alex Mack.)

[Image: 86-C42893-ED79-416-B-BC65-98-C184-AC0941.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019, 11:12 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

George, thank you for having me. So the power forward position back in S35 when i arrived was accupied for the very few. Most players added power towards the end of there peak when they no longer had areas to add TPE. what you saw back then was players with lots of hits and little points playing 3rd lines or the accasional power/hit combo by a high tpe earner who could only keep that pace for a season or 2 until regression hits. i wanted to set out to change the power forward game by coming right into the SHL scoring and hitting... that said... i remember looking at Lord Pretty Flaco's that S36 season.. loved his name! and i think he posted 63 points and dropped 175 hits... numbers that i wanted!.. Flaco's power numbers only lasted a few seasons but that 36 season helped me mark my goals and for that i am grateful to the Lord! Other players that izzy looked up to early on was @alex Light who was Kelowna royalty, and Vasily Horvat whos hit totals i coverted.

@Baelor Swift
@Zoone16
@Slowpoke

190 words

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019, 11:53 PM by bilbo.)

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye? the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know a little about that."

Dom: My mom grew up in Boston, so I've been a fan of the New England Wolfpack since before I could talk. I started skating around the same time the Wolfpack were on their wild cup run. I don't remember season 30 that well, but in season 31 in the playoffs, I saw Mia Landvik ( @Jenny ) slam someone into the boards, I don't even remember who, and that was kind of it for me as a future defenseman. She came into the league in season 30 and already had two cups before season 32, so I thought that was pretty cool as a kid, even though it's obviously a team effort. I liked watching Nathan Russell as well, who was captain my entire childhood, but Mia Landvik just really put the fear into the other team, and even though that's not the kind of defenseman I am, she's a player you can count on, on and off the ice, and even in her final season, she's at a point per game or more right now, I think? So she's definitely someone I've loved watching since I was a kid and even now as I've been given the chance to hopefully one day play in the SHL. It's a shame it won't be against her ever, but maybe she'll come out of retirement for a game or two in Boston, you know?

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

@CampinKiller

Colton Hagan was one of the first players that caught my eye in the SHL. This goes back to the days when I would watch Wuma Duce play on the Colorado Mammoths. Hagan was a beast. He was a physical force on the ice, always delivering the big hit when he needed to. I remember my parents brought me to a Mammoths game, and I was lucky enough to get to meet Hagan after the game. He was just as nice of a guy as you could hope for. It's a shame he's pretty much disappeared from the media now, he would be a great addition to any team still. I don't know if he's going to be playing next season, but it would be great to play against him in the SHL after I come up to the Chiefs. He's a class act, and I hope Texas retires his number some day.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye? the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that."

Physt: Well the thing is I knew what I brought with my style of play and my game plan was going to be different from a lot of the other players in this league. However there was one guy who I both looked at as someone I wanted to play on a team with, and be able to achieve the mix of consistent scoring, and dominant physical reputation. @Clint Eastwood is in fact that man. Being able to put up a lot of blocked shots, over 100 hits a season, and hold his own in fights, coupled with putting up around 30 points is where I hope to be able to limp Richard Physt to and with any luck, inspire some young, aspiring, physical defenceman to come out and find the fun in being a hitting, physical force. I will admit to not enjoying my lack of scoring as much as I thought I could. You feel like you are not helping your team all that much and, when Toronto was still crawling out of its rebuild, it felt like I was the anvil weighing us down. As I inch closer to being similar to Clint, I am starting to enjoy the fruits of my labour.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

[Image: lryCrcB.png]
@MP7

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

The first person that caught my eye when I became a goalie in the SMJHL was Jakub Tanner. He had a legendary career that was full of awkwardness in the regular season, but clutchness in the postseason. He's the prime example that your team can barely roll into the playoffs, as long as they roll over the competition when you get there. Lot's of weird controversy behind the scenes, but that's just a bunch of haters imo. Tanner was a great man, and I wish he was still around. Guy was a good leader on and off the ice, and if wasn't for a bunch of asshats in the league at the time he'd still be around today kicking it it. So far I have two cups under my belt, and it's already an honor to be just halfway to as many championships as this guy. Miss you, tantan.

@Tanner

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]