Create Account

S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 10:21 AM by r1c3bowl22.)

I was a big fan of Rafe Ulrich, when I was first entering the league. We were both rookies in the same season, after both spending three seasons in the juniors. I had gotten a better start, winning the rookie of the season award that first year, but I was surpassed by him in the following years. I really admired his work ethic, and to me, I think he stood out as the hardest working player from our draft class. I would not say I tried to emulate my game after him, but we are similar players. We both like to shoot the puck and be physical with our opponents. I think it is rather interesting that we ended up playing for the same team now. If there is one thing about his game that I wanted to bring into mine, it is definitely his work ethic. Being on his team now, that sort of training every week has definitely rubbed off some on me.

@Raven

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Ever since his start in the SMJHL on the Kelowna Knights, Alex Light has tried to model his game after Platoon legend Mikko Linna. Whether it was the way he skated, or shot the puck, or even some of the celebration moves, Light imitated Linna in every facet of his game.

This was because in his eyes, Linna was always the portrait of the ideal sniper forward and was always willing to help out others perform rather than take all the glory himself, even though that also occurred aplenty. Later on, when Linna moved to Center, it was natural that Light would become the winger on that line. Eventually, Light took over at C once Linna was regressing, thus mirroring him once again.

Now Light is the one that younger player on the Platoon are modelling their games and eventual careers. And in the meanwhile, he is still working his way to reach the career totals that Linna reached.

(157 words)
@ej27

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I'm a snake, here is my PBE PT

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

When I was a young lad watching hockey as a fan I would always try to pretend I was in the skates of other players. One of the most famous players I would select for this was Joe Kurczewski when I'd zoom around on that synthetic ice, tearing it up in the name of the Calgary Dragons when I didn't really know any better. I think subconsciously even as a kid I knew that I wanted to model myself after someone who seemingly carried themselves professionally. And that's exactly what Joe Kurczewski is. A professional. He's the reason why I wanted to be a Calgary Dragon for a long while until I was in my late teens. All the little things that he did I'd try to copy to the point to where my dad Luke had to tell me to fucking stop because it was embarrassing to have a son who acted like a Calgary Dragon. So sade. @JKortesi81

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

The biggest influence on Daniel Karlsson's young career? Undoubtedly so far it's been his father, Sven. Sven played in the SHL for 15 seasons, his best years being with the Texas Renegades, the team he is now GM of and the team for which Daniel plays. Sven's style of play was typically a two way game although toward the end of his career the offensive level of his output increased and he began to see an increase in the numbers he was putting up. Although Daniel is different in position to his father, there are notable similarities in their play style and ethos. Daniel is a hardworking offensive defenseman who looks to be as comfortable with the puck on his stick as he is playing in his own zone, and a lot of his inspiration as a two way player came from watching his father play a responsible 200 foot game. Outside of the family, a big inspiration growing up was Chris Crutchfield (@ligma). He was a superstar defenseman in LA where Daniel grew up, and watching him play the game taught him a lot.

188 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

When I first got into the league one person in the SHL that I saw as one of the best was @JKortesi81 . When I first entered the draft, the big name I heard was him. He was a player that I wanted to reach the legacy of. The user was one of the highest in TPE, which I want to do one day. He also had a lot of features that I wanted, High scoring and high passing. He was also a leader on the ice for Calgary, a team that has been dominant for the past 10+ seasons. One thing I want to emulate is the high scoring that he has throughout his career. Also one thing I want to emulate is his leadership on the team, and being a captain for such a long time he has been on of the be players in the past 10 seasons.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye?  the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that."

Craig: Thanks for having me George. I think looking back and the guy that I first noticed had great success early in his career, earning Four Star Cups every year he was in the SMJHL with the Kelowna Knights in seasons 40, 41, and 42 which is incredible. He doesn't play the same position as me as hes a forward and me a Defenseman, but I just hope to have the same type of success in my career going forward. James Dekens is known for scoring goals. Hes known for it. He also won the Jester Trophy for being the Rookie of the Year for Manhattan in season 43 after being called up. The guys a monster. After learning I got drafted by the Manhattan rage in season 43 I didn't know much about the franchise to be honest but one thing I knew was that I was going to be playing along side scoring monster that accomplished so much and I hope I can learn how to put the biscuit in the net with such success as James, and since getting called up this season I hope he shares his secrets and some of that success rubs off on me moving forward. 

220 word response

[Image: 37Bgs1o.png]
Rage Usa raiders
DRAFTED 30TH OA S43
S42 WJC GOLD MEDAL
JESTER AWARD FINALIST S45
S45 ALL ROOKIE TEAM
S50 IIHF GOLD MEDAL
S52 CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPION

[Image: 8Nk8UbW.jpg]

@Grapehead . my idol Yay

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

"As a young kid it was definitely my dad, but he didn't last long in the league. Louie Garrett is still playing today and is one of the most electrifying players of his time, recording an insane amount of goals during his career. He is exactly the type of player I wished to be and still strive to become. I got to play on the same team with him this past off-season for IIHF and it was a real pleasure to meet him. He caught my ye in his rookie season and I knew he would be special just then. I wasn't a Riot fan growing up, far from it but I still tuned in to their games just because of him. My goal is to score at least 20 goals in one season, and his passion for the game drives me to do so.I still watch old tape from time to time and idolize players like Jeff Dar, one of the more physical two way players around. He had a lot of character and managed to land a massive contract fighting for the rights of players earning more."
@dizzyDC

189 Words

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye?  The one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, and or the one you first admired, and why?

Partridge
: Well George, right from my earliest days with the Raptors, my eyes stood firmly on the exceptional play of @Grapehead 's Jeff Kirkstone. I strongly emulated my playing style around his butterfly stance, where it felt like despite not being a prototypical enormous goaltender, he would literally cover even the smallest of holes in the net. I recognized the importance of putting the work in the gym in the off season and to develop the physical attributes that made him an explosive force in the net. While it's crucial to develop the technical side of my net minding capabilities, having the stamina to last through big minutes in the regular and post season, and the agility and speed to support my innate reaction time was fundamental to me becoming the goalie I am today. I was also afforded multiple opportunities to spend time with him in the off season off the ice where he was a tremendous mentor to me on becoming a true professional in this league, and I learned so much about how to carry myself in a manner that reflects well to other players in the league and fans across the world. I'm incredibly grateful that I now have him in the Pride head office where he continues to support me in all aspects of my game, and I truly owe my success to this man.

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]

[Image: 9eAJu8Y.jpg]

PBE PT
Username ADwyer87

Well, he wasn't even the SHL, but I definitely looked up to and quickly befriended Dank Boija in the SMJHL on the Falcons; he was the first friend I had in the league. He was already drafted by Toronto at that time, so it was my first glimpse into what it would be like to eventually be drafted and go to the big leagues. Also, as a fellow Scandinavian, he got me invested in international hockey by inviting me to co-GM in the WJC with him, and together we won a gold medal, which was a very special experience. He got traded to Hamilton recently we both got called up at the same time (this year), so I was very happy for him and hope his rookie season is going better than mine. Overall, he caught my eye just because he was nice, witty, and friendly, and I'm glad that I've gotten to know him.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Before Nova joined the league his favorite player and the guy he molded his game after was Ron Mexico. He wanted to be every bit like Mexico of the Winnipeg Jets. An offensive machine with the softest hands, high awareness and IQ and goalies' nightmares. Nova showed flashes of that in the juniors, playing defense in his sophomore season there and leading the SMJHL in points and taking his underdog team to the finals.

As time went on and Nova got called up by the Chiefs, the intensity of practice and conditioning increased and his motivation started coming from superstar Garbanzo's commitment to training, bringing his energy to the next level. His loyalty, training intensity and talent was an inspiration to Nova, giving him a boost to his upside.

Some players just need to see the drive others maintain first hand in order for them to ignite and Nova is grateful he crossed paths with a player like Garbanzo and got to play with him. @ArGarBarGar suh dude

Doubt is a dream killer

Andreas Kvalheim tries to model his game after one of his favorite players, Dani Forsberg. Forsberg is one of the best players in the SHL, and has helped lead the West Kendall Platoon to multiple Challenge Cups. The two share strengths in Skating and Defense, while both also have weaknesses in Strength. One difference is that while Forsberg is more of a playmaker, Kvalheim prefers to shoot the puck. Both players pride themselves on their two-way game and being a force at both ends of the ice. Addditionally, while Forsberg has decided to play less physical in an attempt to elongate his career, he was once one of the best hitters in the SHL, providing a physical presence every time he stepped onto the ice, something that isn't seen too often in the SHL, especially among forwards. Kvalheim makes sure to tune in to West Kendall Platoon games as much as possible just to admire and analyze the way Forsberg plays. Hopefully one day, Kvalheim will be able to reach the same lofty heights that Forsberg has achieved.

@Insayne

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars