Create Account

S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down

[Image: SNxtxe1.png]

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Well as a young offensive winger coming into the SHL, there were a ton of great players to want to emulate in the league, but few have the level of consistency that Zach Evans has shown throughout his illustrious career. He has a streak of 10 straight seasons with at least 45 points, which is consistency that the league has rarely ever seen. Couple that with his incredible on ice success which includes a Jeff Dar Trophy and a Sarmad Khan Trophy, and he is looking to go down as one of the premier scorers of his generation. And even with all these personal accolades, he has matched that with a good amount of team success as he has won two Challenge Cups, where he was a Razov nominee for both campaigns. With all of that said, Zach is also one of the best role models in the league and certainly has all my respect for how he has conducted himself. It's crazy that this is his last season in the league, but it was a honor to play against him. Nikolai sucks tho.

@ztevans

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

PT NSFL

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

When I first joined the Detroit Falcons in the SMJHL and put myself in a position to enter the Season 38 SHL Entry Draft, I needed to start transitioning towards playing on the smaller North American ice. I looked around for inspiration among the Falcons and the Buffalo Stampede, who coincidentally owned my draft rights already, and I found it in Alexis Metzler. Metzler's ability to be a shut down defenseman while still being a major offensive threat and physical monster caught my eye. He was, and still is, a work horse who is capable of doing everything on the back end. I started to put all of my focus on the defensive side of things, because having excellent positioning on the back end is the foundation of becoming a franchise defender like Metzler. While my career has thus far been a far cry from what Metzler has been able to do, I hope that one day I can look him in the eye and thank him for what he did for me.

@Avakael

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 01:19 PM by gaby.)

You see George I never really watched any SHL games when growing up. But there was this kid a few years older than me that was the talk of the town I'm from. His name is Clint Eastwood. He was highly touted, a big physical d-man who wasn’t afraid to drop the gloves when needed. You see, he could do it all but it's those 2 aspects of his game that caught my eye because as a guy who was never the most talented, I relied on these to make a career out of hockey. I would watch his tapes to get better at closing in on guys for improving my hits, also watch all his fights to defend myself better. Also like I said, he was real popular around these parts but he remained a great guy and you never heard stories a la Taylor Hall about him. He was drafted in the 1st round and is now today one of the best in the league. There’s no way he knows about this but he indeed played a big role in the player I am today.

@Clint Eastwood

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

There are a ton of great players in the SHL. But one player that stood out the most to me growing would have to be Vijanupatnatntatn Singh. You know know Sinhg is just such a talented hockey player. His skating is butter smooth. He just glides out there, super fast for sure. Signh also has some stupid wet hands. But above all of that Snigh is just a straight up winner. The guy has won everything. He has a 4 star cup, a gold medal with russia, and a challenge cup. Thats very impressive not many players can say they have all 3.  So as a young player I tried to be like Mr. Sngih. I would skate laps around the rink all day, trying to be come a fast boy. Rip pucks at the net everday after school. Vjan Sgnih was a huge for me growing up, and now I have a chance to play on the same team as him someday.

@Waters

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

When I first entered the league, I wanted to emulate Oisin Fletcher. I remember S42 in the SMJHL thinking about the player I wanted to emulate. In the "Just like you" PT I decided I wanted to emulate Oisin Fletcher. Now, we're teammates and we were both wingers who have or will be turned into centres! I like the style of play that Oisin plays and I've even strongly considered changing one of my strengths from skating to defense so I can emulate his play even more. Oisin is just starting to turn the corner into the back half of his already successful career. He's won multiple individual awards and I hope we can add a cup to the resume together this season. Fletcher is a leader on the ice and off the ice, I'm very happy to be on the same team. If I have half the career that Oisin Fletcher has had and is going to have, I had a very good career!

@Evok

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye? the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that." @ligma

Of course it was Crutchfield George. We grew up quite close always competing as friends and teammates due to our families ties in the SHL through Chris and Johnny. Although Crutch is a slightly different player than me we both believe in the important of defense. In that way I suppose you can say I try to emulate his game. He, as everyone knows is a better scorer, and it has been that way our whole life I stack em up he knocks em down. I've admired what he has done so far in his junior career and will follow him closely despite his recent move to Montreal. Once we are both up in the bigs in Texas I think our games will meld well together and if I can catch up to him in development I'd look to make a great pairing with him for many years. There is also something little known to those in the SHL in terms of traits Chuck can boast. The man is a bonafide ladies man, even with a name like Chuck, and that is just another one of his many traits I admire.

[Image: cahill.png]

The first player that I wanted to emulate my game off of was Damien Wert actually (@damienj10). When I was younger I was following the Toronto North Stars when they won the cup, I started to copy bits of his game as an effective offensive player who could walk through defenses or snipe it from far. I think in terms of comparing our game as of right now, I can see some differences. I play different defensively, I'm right-handed where he was left so we do things differently. I would say he was better offensively than me and I think I'm still trying to emulate that clutch factor that comes out during the playoffs or when the team needs it most. When I just joined the league actually, my agent was Cynthia Taylor so I got a chance to practice with the current North Stars and I think playing with Wert and their other players help establish my game a bit faster than it would otherwise have.

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

When I first joined the league, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without @princekyle. Even though he was a goaltender and my player was a defender, he was my GM in the prospects showcase so he was a big reason why I was able to find my legs in the league. He ended up building an amazing community among those of us on the Lions, and was a big part of the reason I ended up seeking out a GM spot - I wanted to build up a community among my players just like he had been able to do for us. At the time it felt like his player had to be an absolute star in the league because he was one of the few people who talked to us as fresh-faced rookies, and I really wish he was still around these days. He would've made a great SMJHL GM some day if he'd stuck around the league, maybe one day he'll come back and grace us with his presence once more, going back to being the leader he always was.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

When I first joined the league, the one player I looked up to was Mikhail Lokitonov. This was for a number of reasons, both on and off the ice. First of all, he was the first (and only) one to reach out to me before the draft, and went on to draft me to the Prince George Firebirds, which would later become the Anchorage Armada. During my rookie season, Mikhail would not only coach our team, but was a key contributor for the Toronto North Stars. He wasn't always the star player, that was usually Chris York, but he always worked hard to ensure his team's victory. After my rookie season, I was drafted by Toronto. I'm guessing that Mikhail pitched for me to be drafted early, considering that I was drafted 4th overall when there were arguably better players on the board. I'm constantly working to better my game to prove that I'm worthy of that draft spot. I now get to play alongside Mikhail, as he is now one of the more valuable forwards on the team, as well as the co-GM. I hope to one day be the mentor to a new draftee the way that Mikhail was to me.

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

The player that caught my eye the most when I was first getting in to hockey was Los Angeles Panthers forward Brian Morley. Morley was such a badass. Morley was a guy who would always finish among the league leaders in scoring but that was just one aspect that made him such a great player. Morley wasn't afraid to mix it up and was known for delivering some huge hits. Morley was the type of player that other teams had to adjust their gameplan for with the hope of preventing him from taking over the game. Not only was Morley a badass on the ice, he was an excellent teammate who was one of the true leaders for the Panthers off of the ice. Morley was always somebody who taught the teams rookies what it meant to be a pro and one of the hardest working people in the league. Morley was a fan favorite who thrived under the bright lights. There are numerous accounts of people running into Morley in the Los Angeles area and according to these accounts Brian certainly knew how to party. There may never be another Brian Morley in this league.

@Ragnar

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

[Image: rr11111111.png]

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

When I first entered the league with Patrikov Bure or I guess Patrick Taylor I actually did not want to emulate anyone as there wasn't a star player at the time who was primarily focused as a passing winger. Once I got drafted though, that changed. @RaiN was a very friendly face in the VAN LR and he definitely tried his best to make the new guys feel welcome as well as try to help with anything he could. He broke some SMJHL scoring record at the time which was really impressive and it made me want to have Bure become a scoring juggernaut like his player was. After I was drafted into the SHL, RaIN eventually talked to me for a bit and he helped convince me into both joining Russia in the IIHF as well as changing Patrick Taylor into Patrikov Bure which partially was the reason I started making Bure into a scorer rather than a passer. Obviously I admired him for that, although he's not active anymore, I'm hoping that he is finding success with his TSN job.

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Just like everyone else, Joe @JKortesi81 is the person I wanted to model my game after. Obviously I'm a goalie so I couldn't model my on ice game after him, but its more about the intangibles and qualities as he person that really signify who he is and how he plays his game. A fearless leader, great mentor, he helped me settle into being a big league goalie and showed me how to improve my game after every single match we play. I've been working with him for 4 seasons now, and I can't wait to work with him in the future.

In the same vein, I believe @Nictox is the same kind of player and leader, and even though he is in the same draft class as me he is still a good person for me to model my game after and how I act in the locker room.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]