Create Account

Change RFA period

Right now (especially with the current state of the smjhl) new draftees likely won’t see a game played for their franchise until their RFA period is up. I say we change it to something like how actual leagues irl do it, like your RFA period is something like 2 seasons past your first played shl game, otherwise if a player is dead set on going to a certain team it really doesn’t matter who drafts them because the likelihood is they’ll still be a rookie for whatever team they want to go to.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Only issue with that would be how fast regression hits. If we made it two seasons after your first SHL game, someone like Lundberg (who played 3 send-down seasons) would have been an RFA for half his career.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

01-07-2019, 12:03 AMEggy216 Wrote: Only issue with that would be how fast regression hits. If we made it two seasons after your first SHL game, someone like Lundberg (who played 3 send-down seasons) would have been an RFA for half his career.

I think it helps with the flood of send downs in smjhl too though. That’s a tough problem though and I see your point, but I think there shouldn’t be a way to just bypass playing for your drafted team and giving them no value from it

Affiliate of:

01-07-2019, 12:03 AMEggy216 Wrote: Only issue with that would be how fast regression hits. If we made it two seasons after your first SHL game, someone like Lundberg (who played 3 send-down seasons) would have been an RFA for half his career.
Well.. RFA for half of his non-regression career. His career has spanned 20 seasons now.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

We could likely get rid of RFA. The amount of people who get rendered is miniscule and really only offers a bored vet something to do. We operate on gentleman's agreements and minimum contracts.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

01-07-2019, 01:21 AMDangles13 Wrote: We could likely get rid of RFA. The amount of people who get rendered is miniscule and really only offers a bored vet something to do. We operate on gentleman's agreements and minimum contracts.

so then someone can just leave after one season?

lets just get rid of the draft tbh

Affiliate of:

What's RFA :o

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019, 09:51 AM by Grapehead.)

01-07-2019, 01:21 AMDangles13 Wrote: We could likely get rid of RFA. The amount of people who get rendered is miniscule and really only offers a bored vet something to do. We operate on gentleman's agreements and minimum contracts.

Most people dont get tendered cause they're already extended, or because the previous rule made it so tendering your players was actually a handicap, but the benefit of the RFA status is the control it gives GMs, it doesn't seem to have any benefit for a player.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

01-07-2019, 09:51 AMGrapehead Wrote:

Most people dont get tendered cause they're already extended, or because the previous rule made it so tendering your players was actually a handicap, but the benefit of the RFA status is the control it gives GMs, it doesn't seem to have any benefit for a player.

I got tendered and got one offer.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

This is more a problem with the fact SMJHL send-downs spend too much time down than anything else.

Again I will say that players should typically spend a max of 2 seasons in juniors. Three or four is too damn long.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

01-07-2019, 01:23 AMkit Wrote:

so then someone can just leave after one season?

If a player wants to leave, they will. It isn't like real life where you wait an entire year, five or six weeks is all you have to wait to leave.

01-07-2019, 11:30 AMDangles13 Wrote:
01-07-2019, 01:23 AMkit Wrote: so then someone can just leave after one season?

If a player wants to leave, they will. It isn't like real life where you wait an entire year, five or six weeks is all you have to wait to leave.
So again, if you’re down for players just playing wherever they want we should just abolish the draft right?

Affiliate of:

01-07-2019, 12:29 PMkit Wrote:
01-07-2019, 11:30 AMDangles13 Wrote: If a player wants to leave, they will. It isn't like real life where you wait an entire year, five or six weeks is all you have to wait to leave.
So again, if you’re down for players just playing wherever they want we should just abolish the draft right?

Players rarely leave their draft team so no. I am down for players playing wherever they want though, they aren't slaves and should be afforded some choice. This is not a job but rather a site for fun, if a player isn't happy with where they are then they should be moved. There is no "shut up you are being paid" in a sim league imo.

01-07-2019, 10:40 AMEggy216 Wrote:
01-07-2019, 09:51 AMGrapehead Wrote: Most people dont get tendered cause they're already extended, or because the previous rule made it so tendering your players was actually a handicap, but the benefit of the RFA status is the control it gives GMs, it doesn't seem to have any benefit for a player.

I got tendered and got one offer.

I think this happens more than people realize, but most players elect to stay with their teams.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019, 02:49 PM by Dangles13.)

The thing for me is seeing how few people actually get tendered. Perhaps, we don't have have the right set up as Kit suggests. I'm not sure what the right move would be here but it feels like it doesn't affect that many people.

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=70261