Create Account

Change RFA period

01-08-2019, 01:26 AMkit Wrote: because they can request a trade and literally any gm would honor it, and instead of losing them for nothing and potentially screwing over a franchise (which is bad for the league) they instead get at least something for them, and it helps league parity. PLayers shouldnt be able to leave for NOTHING without playing a game, thats why RFA is a thing in the first place

Did Insayne leave out of the blue? There was no warning that he was going to leave?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

01-08-2019, 01:27 AMDangles13 Wrote:
01-08-2019, 01:26 AMkit Wrote: because they can request a trade and literally any gm would honor it, and instead of losing them for nothing and potentially screwing over a franchise (which is bad for the league) they instead get at least something for them, and it helps league parity. PLayers shouldnt be able to leave for NOTHING without playing a game, thats why RFA is a thing in the first place

Did Insayne leave out of the blue? There was no warning that he was going to leave?

idr exactly, im sure wbf would know more, but wbf was able to trade his rights for very little value, or maybe did a sign and trade, i just remember buf got almost very little value back

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

01-08-2019, 01:26 AMkit Wrote:
01-08-2019, 01:23 AMDangles13 Wrote: GMs bitch all the time and when we do stuff that benefits them over the general populace we get shit on for it. I'm not saying it isn't a problem because people don't bitch about it, I am saying it isn't a problem because it almost never happens. If players are not happy and they leave why should head office force them to stay?

because they can request a trade and literally any gm would honor it, and instead of losing them for nothing and potentially screwing over a franchise (which is bad for the league) they instead get at least something for them, and it helps league parity. PLayers shouldnt be able to leave for NOTHING without playing a game, thats why RFA is a thing in the first place

I totally know where you're coming from on this kit, because as a GM there's not much scarier than having players walk on you suddenly. Having a player walk for nothing is worst case scenario for a team, but as you mentioned in another comment here about WBF, there is stuff going on behind the scenes to manage RFAs. I really would like to see RFA status deferred at least one send down season though, but what I've done to sort of navigate this rule is try to get draftees signed to 2 season deals. Then they can walk to free agency (if that's their plan) sooner and I still get compensated while having time to negotiate a longer term deal. This isn't optimal, I'd like to have more flexibility, but as a GM I've never felt handcuffed by the rule (so far anyway). I think either way there will be unfortunate situations, like the one you mentioned with insayne, because human emotions will create them from time to time. There is lots of room for improvement with regard to RFA status for sure though.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Mysterious world this free agency world.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

01-08-2019, 01:27 AMDangles13 Wrote:

I got hired from another team to Buffalo, by the time I got there Forsberg was already entering free agency coming off a 3 year rookie deal. He agreed to a contract with Calgary so we could get something, but if he hadn’t felt like being nice about it I would’ve walked into my new team with my top prospect leaving for nothing without playing a single game.

I’m not terribly bothered by it considering how the rebuild went, but it was a big blow to the rebuild at the time.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Bump for good reasons

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

augment the FA process

01-07-2019, 09:00 PMTommySalami Wrote: I don't like the idea of incentivizing SHL teams to keep players in the minors for as long as possible. If UFA status comes after 2-3 SHL seasons, I'm keeping my propsects down for as long as possible to make their 2-3 seasons under control more valuable.

I think a solution to this would be adding a 500-600 TPE condition to Waivers where once a player hits a TPE amount around that range they need to go through waivers to be sent down.

I bolded this for  @TommySalami
it seems an excellent idea that was either not seen or not addressed. What would be wrong with this? If you're worried about Rookie contract walk always this insures compensation and it gives the poor bastards like me a chance to Not be buried for 4+ seasons ..when I read that earlier in this thread I almost thought I should go back to football..smh.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

02-13-2019, 12:32 AMWawazat Wrote:
01-07-2019, 09:00 PMTommySalami Wrote: I don't like the idea of incentivizing SHL teams to keep players in the minors for as long as possible. If UFA status comes after 2-3 SHL seasons, I'm keeping my propsects down for as long as possible to make their 2-3 seasons under control more valuable.

I think a solution to this would be adding a 500-600 TPE condition to Waivers where once a player hits a TPE amount around that range they need to go through waivers to be sent down.

I bolded this for  @TommySalami
it seems an excellent idea that was either not seen or not addressed. What would be wrong with this? If you're worried about Rookie contract walk always this insures compensation and it gives the poor bastards like me a chance to Not be buried for 4+ seasons ..when I read that earlier in this thread I almost thought I should go back to football..smh.

I also like the idea of adding 2nd tier of restricted free agent where in seasons 4-6 you can leave for any other team and not have the offer matched by your current team but there would be set compensation for those players.

3rd round pick for 500+
2nd for 750+
1st for 1000+

Or something like that.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

tommy for HO

go apply http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=93061

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

500 is not a lot

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

02-13-2019, 01:21 AMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: tommy for HO

go apply http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=93061

Apps already closed :(

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

What if you get exposed by the team you love for expansion and also spend 3 seasons in Juniors waiting to come up very patiently before you get betrayed

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-13-2019, 06:35 PMSlashACM Wrote: What if you get exposed by the team you love for expansion and also spend 3 seasons in Juniors waiting to come up very patiently before you get betrayed

It's called breaking up before Valentine's day, so that they don't feel guilty about doing it on it.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I don't remember if we posted in here or not but we want to track how expansion affects the number of call ups before we make any changes but we will keep on this.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]