Create Account

Change RFA period

01-07-2019, 02:49 PMDangles13 Wrote: The thing for me is seeing how few people actually get tendered. Perhaps, we don't have have the right set up as Kit suggests. I'm not sure what the right move would be here but it feels like it doesn't affect that many people.

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=70261

what im saying is people dont get tendered because they have the ability to leave as a UFA before they even play for their team anyway, so why tender anyone if theyre just gonna come to u in their rookie season

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

That could be, it might be easier to give them 2 seasons of RFA after they play their first 7 SHL games.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I don't like the idea of incentivizing SHL teams to keep players in the minors for as long as possible. If UFA status comes after 2-3 SHL seasons, I'm keeping my propsects down for as long as possible to make their 2-3 seasons under control more valuable.

I think a solution to this would be adding a 500-600 TPE condition to Waivers where once a player hits a TPE amount around that range they need to go through waivers to be sent down.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

imagine spending four seasons in juniors lmao

01-07-2019, 03:09 PMkit Wrote:
01-07-2019, 02:49 PMDangles13 Wrote: The thing for me is seeing how few people actually get tendered. Perhaps, we don't have have the right set up as Kit suggests. I'm not sure what the right move would be here but it feels like it doesn't affect that many people.

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=70261

what im saying is people dont get tendered because they have the ability to leave as a UFA before they even play for their team anyway, so why tender anyone if theyre just gonna come to u in their rookie season

when you guys say tendered do you mean that another team signs an RFA away from someone? Cause tendering is really when the team that owns the player's rights puts their offer on them prior to free agency opening, to reserve their rights to the player. Either way it doesn't happen much you're right, but RFAs almost never leave in the NHL either.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

01-07-2019, 09:26 PMGrapehead Wrote:
01-07-2019, 03:09 PMkit Wrote: what im saying is people dont get tendered because they have the ability to leave as a UFA before they even play for their team anyway, so why tender anyone if theyre just gonna come to u in their rookie season

when you guys say tendered do you mean that another team signs an RFA away from someone? Cause tendering is really when the team that owns the player's rights puts their offer on them prior to free agency opening, to reserve their rights to the player. Either way it doesn't happen much you're right, but RFAs almost never leave in the NHL either.

ya tendered isnt being used correctly here, but again my point isnt that RFAs should get offer sheets more often, its moreso that people can just leave their team very quickly kinda reducing the point of the draft for some players

Affiliate of:

I'll sign an offer sheet from the first team to offer me next offseason tbh.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

01-07-2019, 09:54 PMEggy216 Wrote: I'll sign an offer sheet from the first team to offer me next offseason tbh.
@expansionGMs

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

01-07-2019, 09:26 PMGrapehead Wrote:
01-07-2019, 03:09 PMkit Wrote: what im saying is people dont get tendered because they have the ability to leave as a UFA before they even play for their team anyway, so why tender anyone if theyre just gonna come to u in their rookie season

I mean tendering a qualifying offer to retain their rights.

01-07-2019, 09:48 PMkit Wrote: ya tendered isnt being used correctly here, but again my point isnt that RFAs should get offer sheets more often, its moreso that people can just leave their team very quickly kinda reducing the point of the draft for some players

I'm a little confused, are wanting more offer sheets on top of longer player control or are they one issue to you? I think we can tackle both but I don't want to mix them together if that isn't your point.

01-08-2019, 12:24 AMDangles13 Wrote:
01-07-2019, 09:48 PMkit Wrote: ya tendered isnt being used correctly here, but again my point isnt that RFAs should get offer sheets more often, its moreso that people can just leave their team very quickly kinda reducing the point of the draft for some players

I'm a little confused, are wanting more offer sheets on top of longer player control or are they one issue to you? I think we can tackle both but I don't want to mix them together if that isn't your point.
No my point is that people can just spend their RFA period in the smjhl and then leave immediately having never played a game for their shl team. I don’t care if they get offer sheets more often I just don’t think it’s fair for teams to have a player leave them before ever playing a game for them, and having that be very easy. With the system right now, I could tell my draft team I want to stay down for 3 seasons (all of my first contract) then not re-sign in the third season and leave as a UFA with my draft team getting nothing. That shouldn’t be possible

Affiliate of:

01-08-2019, 12:29 AMkit Wrote: No my point is that people can just spend their RFA period in the smjhl and then leave immediately having never played a game for their shl team. I don’t care if they get offer sheets more often I just don’t think it’s fair for teams to have a player leave them before ever playing a game for them, and having that be very easy. With the system right now, I could tell my draft team I want to stay down for 3 seasons (all of my first contract) then not re-sign in the third season and leave as a UFA with my draft team getting nothing. That shouldn’t be possible

I feel like this more akin to the college loophole in the current CBA where players can walk for free without playing any games for their team. It happens, but not often enough to be a problem that they felt like addressing it. I totally get what you are saying but we haven't seen GMs complain about this before.

01-08-2019, 01:03 AMDangles13 Wrote:
01-08-2019, 12:29 AMkit Wrote: No my point is that people can just spend their RFA period in the smjhl and then leave immediately having never played a game for their shl team. I don’t care if they get offer sheets more often I just don’t think it’s fair for teams to have a player leave them before ever playing a game for them, and having that be very easy. With the system right now, I could tell my draft team I want to stay down for 3 seasons (all of my first contract) then not re-sign in the third season and leave as a UFA with my draft team getting nothing. That shouldn’t be possible

I feel like this more akin to the college loophole in the current CBA where players can walk for free without playing any games for their team. It happens, but not often enough to be a problem that they felt like addressing it. I totally get what you are saying but we haven't seen GMs complain about this before.
That’s cuz gms don’t wanna bitch

I hate this current attitude of the HO of “well no ones complained about it so it’s not our problem” that’s ridiculous. Why not address it?? It happened to buffalo with insayne and I’m sure I’d have more examples if I followed other teams closely. If it can result in a problem, why wait until it is one to fix it??

Affiliate of:

01-08-2019, 01:06 AMkit Wrote: That’s cuz gms don’t wanna bitch

I hate this current attitude of the HO of “well no ones complained about it so it’s not our problem” that’s ridiculous. Why not address it?? It happened to buffalo with insayne and I’m sure I’d have more examples if I followed other teams closely. If it can result in a problem, why wait until it is one to fix it??

GMs bitch all the time and when we do stuff that benefits them over the general populace we get shit on for it. I'm not saying it isn't a problem because people don't bitch about it, I am saying it isn't a problem because it almost never happens. If players are not happy and they leave why should head office force them to stay?

01-08-2019, 01:23 AMDangles13 Wrote:
01-08-2019, 01:06 AMkit Wrote: That’s cuz gms don’t wanna bitch

GMs bitch all the time and when we do stuff that benefits them over the general populace we get shit on for it. I'm not saying it isn't a problem because people don't bitch about it, I am saying it isn't a problem because it almost never happens. If players are not happy and they leave why should head office force them to stay?

because they can request a trade and literally any gm would honor it, and instead of losing them for nothing and potentially screwing over a franchise (which is bad for the league) they instead get at least something for them, and it helps league parity. PLayers shouldnt be able to leave for NOTHING without playing a game, thats why RFA is a thing in the first place

Affiliate of: