Create Account

My Take on the S39 SHL Draft Class
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 03:42 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

S35... only 30 drafted players.... 1st 6 picks were 1st gens... all 6 ended over 1500 tpe, 2 reached 2,000+ and at least 15 of the 30 turned into stars... pound for pound one of the best!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

01-10-2019, 03:09 PMbluesfan55 Wrote:
01-10-2019, 03:06 PMml002 Wrote: I mean the draft class can't control where ppl are taken. Tez is a good member and site owner so it's hard to blame Buffalo for taking him, but obviously in hindsight they missed on two players at the same position that are now far and away better.

I think the impressive part of S39 is the sheer quality that could be found throughout it. Just cause a class doesn't lead in every category doesn't make it not great. I say again that we have 4-6 ppl on pace for 2k tpe before regression.
look at our class. Three of the best wingers in the league were taken. Players like myself and Static were taken late.

But you've come and gone as well. Some managers may have decided early on that if you were still there to take you with a later pick. Some managers decided Tez was the first to go. It's more a reflection of management decisions than it is a reflection of the talent from top to bottom of the draft class. That's why redrafts are [to a certain extent, sometimes] interesting and finally give credit to steals and unsung heroes.

That said, for @Gorlab's sake, S20 >>

I dunno why people make a fuss about Tez not being a god tier TPE earner tbh

We chose him for the LR presence, league knowledge, and saw him as a guaranteed 2nd pairing guy.. which he pretty much has turned out to be. I know armchair GM’s are blessed with hindsight, but with the information I had at the time of the draft I pick Tez 1OA 100 out of 100 times.

Now, our whiffs on Keenan, J4ke, Kolesnikovs, and Gardiner... yeah those were oofers

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Nice read!

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

I can't see how Seattle is a loser when they drafted two of the best players in the 2nd round along with Becker who is a good player.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

01-12-2019, 09:27 AMDangles13 Wrote: I can't see how Seattle is a loser when they drafted two of the best players in the 2nd round along with Becker who is a good player.
Because they traded everyone away. from the S39 draft they're left with virtually nothing. So when they drafted, they did well, but looking back on it, this draft was useless for them, pretty sad for a team who made like 12 picks.

[Image: nasty.png]

01-12-2019, 04:06 PMGrilledTwinkiez Wrote:
01-12-2019, 09:27 AMDangles13 Wrote: I can't see how Seattle is a loser when they drafted two of the best players in the 2nd round along with Becker who is a good player.
Because they traded everyone away. from the S39 draft they're left with virtually nothing. So when they drafted, they did well, but looking back on it, this draft was useless for them, pretty sad for a team who made like 12 picks.

That is only indicative of their management after the fact and not their drafting, imo. They do have picks left over from Smyth and O'Callgahan sign and trades though.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

guess ill FUCKING die

01-12-2019, 04:09 PMDangles13 Wrote:
01-12-2019, 04:06 PMGrilledTwinkiez Wrote: Because they traded everyone away. from the S39 draft they're left with virtually nothing. So when they drafted, they did well, but looking back on it, this draft was useless for them, pretty sad for a team who made like 12 picks.

That is only indicative of their management after the fact and not their drafting, imo. They do have picks left over from Smyth and O'Callgahan sign and trades though.

They do, but with the amount of picks they had they have a very low success rate from this draft in particular

01-12-2019, 04:11 PMSamee Wrote: guess ill FUCKING die

Samee I love you dont die

01-10-2019, 05:24 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I dunno why people make a fuss about Tez not being a god tier TPE earner tbh

We chose him for the LR presence, league knowledge, and saw him as a guaranteed 2nd pairing guy.. which he pretty much has turned out to be. I know armchair GM’s are blessed with hindsight, but with the information I had at the time of the draft I pick Tez 1OA 100 out of 100 times.

Now, our whiffs on Keenan, J4ke, Kolesnikovs, and Gardiner... yeah those were oofers

i can respect this my dood

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM