Create Account

The dark horse of the SMJHL?

[First media] 
[758 words]

You don't have such a nice occasion like this year to fill up the prospect pool every year, that is for sure, and the teams knew it for sure. The latest draft was staffed and fulfilled with amazing and exciting prospect that are already making a name of themselves in this start of season. And a few surprise too! We could talk about the amazing start of the Anchorage Armada rookie goalie Peter Larson with 13 wins and a .893%, or of Collin Gibbles of the Anaheim Outlaws with 22 points in 30 games, including 7 goals so far. All from later rounds in this draft; fifth and second round respectively. 

Although we have so many interesting prospects to talk about, this article isn't about one of them. Sure thing, don't misinterpret anything, this prospect is promising. He isn't electrizing, but he can be a Hell of a defensive trustable player in his good time. Easily foreseeing him as a two-way forward who can be trusted in the special team. 
And this man's name is Zach Laliberté. The fourth round pick of the Kelowna Knights if this year.

The Canadian-Quebecer born player is the 31st player picked in the S45 entry draft, by the Kelowna Knights. In the Bantam AAA, he was the perfect balanced kind of player. His approached on the ice and the IQ he put in the plays is the kind of player coaches loves. "Zacky is the polyvalent player that every team wants. He can play on every situation: PP, PK, big minutes, you name it. He has a good vision of the play on the ice, making him a threat in the O-zone, and a third defenseman in the D-zone." said the coach of his old Bantam team. He knows how to stop a dangerous play and pass line, and knows exactly where his teammate will be seconds before them for the pass. 

When asked about it, Laliberté stays humble about it: "I try my best to be the best man on the ice, for sure. But I ain't perfect, y'know. I still need to work on my strength and stride on the ice. I gotta give it to my coach for giving me so much chances and opportunity thought; I was able to take them chances and convert it to our advantage, y'know. And my linemates were just a good fit with me and knew where to be at the good time, that's all."

Pretty humble, if I do say so myself. This is another part of Laliberté: gentleman. He is not the kind of player that likes to be under the spotlight; he's more of the kind to put his teammates on the spotlight when he is under it. Sure, on the ice, he likes to have his part of chipping, but he isn't the kind of dirty player with questionable hits on player, or to trashtalks. You would never see him flew questions away with the media. He likes honest, straight-to-the point answer, but boy can he be deep about it. For his young age, he is maybe taking it a tad too seriously on and off the ice. Emotion can easily take away his concentration, and this is one of his greatest weakness. If he wants to succeed in the big league, he'll have to know how to manage this. "I can't deny it, that's for sure. I tend to go on the ice filled with too much emotion and it shows. It can be too much frustrating by time and the opposition can enter easily then in my head, y'know? I'm doing my best to fix this and be better." says the number 87 when asked about this particular flaws. 

It's still early in this season to say if he'll be a success or a bust, mostly with him rocking a 4 goals and 3 assists, totaling a 7 points in 29 games(At the moment of writing those lines), but I feel that the more we get to see him, to more it'll be interesting to see his development in the league. 

[Image: Deouvwc.png]

Knights
Solid first article. Lalib' will be a solid player in due time Smile

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]