Create Account

Nameless and Shameless Podcast with 5ympathies and goldenglutes (EP #2)
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 02:14 AM by 5ympathies.)

Here's the second episode of our podcast, currently titled "Nameless and Shameless". In collaboration with @goldenglutes, with a length of 48 minutes.

https://soundcloud.com/user-484816049/nameless-and-shameless-episode-2-smjhl-podcast

OrcaBoy as mentioned in the podcast

"Another one" - DJ Khaled

Give us a listen if you want to support two indie podcasting aficionados.

Toss some comments our way if you have any suggestions or want to hear us carefully discuss (totally not ramble) on anything in particular. Also hopefully our first episode gets graded soon so I can afford this weeks training.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

LET'S GO BOYS

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 09:43 AM by luke.)

Just a couple minutes in to tell you, it will take a while to grade. But always do weekly training. You can go into the negative in the bank account up to -3 mil btw. So always buy the training @5ympathies

Edit now I am done

- I usually listen when I do stuff in the background

- Kelowna sucks

- and good podcast, listen to izzy’s Name suggestion

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 09:31 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Dick Clapper + Guy Zheng =

‘THE BIG GUY DICK HOUR’

Boom! #izzyapproved

Love what you guys are doing so far....

Go Knights

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Notes from the podcast:
- You can dip into the red if you have pending money (articles/gfx waiting to be graded) as long as you notify it in your training post.
- I thought I had added you to team LR @5ympathies . Fixed. Although there's not much there since we've become discord based. Tongue
- I do listen to it and will grade it in consequence (in reference to 22:20) Wink They're best listened in the morning at work.
- You're not that bad. I have you guys in the background (41:50)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 09:41 AM by Slappydoodle.)

01-10-2019, 09:17 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Dick Clapper + Guy Zheng =

‘THE BIG GUY DICK HOUR’

Boom! #izzyapproved

Haven’t listened just yet, though I will. The above however, I already think is an excellent idea.

Or maybe just “The Dick Guys”

Or “A Couple of Big Dicks”

Something like that. I’ll think about it after listening

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Thanks for all the great replies. Maybe we'll put up a poll next episode for our name? Or maybe we'll decide on one before next week. Stay tuned

Also major props to @"luketd" and @Zoone16 for listening to the whole thing

Oh this is great, keep it up

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Liked the first one a lot, glad your keeping it going

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

7:25 - I had dirt nothing and went in the first round. You just gotta believe in your dreams. But also money helps
22:40 - Checking in at 22:40 fam
38:30 - You guys are probably free to commit all these crimes now, it's their own fault for not listening to your pre-crime confession

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

I've never been a proponent of "forcing" SMJHL guys up, but more that there needs to be a systemic change to incentivize players getting sent up. When you have 700-800 TPE guys still in juniors I think that is a fundamental problem.

I don't like having so many capped players in the SMJHL because it means fewer opportunities for younger prospects to actually get playing time. Considering the SMJHL is mainly for fresh first-gens I don't like making the sim less enjoyable for those guys just for the sake of a Four-Star cup, which is somewhat secondary to me.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

01-11-2019, 10:49 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: I've never been a proponent of "forcing" SMJHL guys up, but more that there needs to be a systemic change to incentivize players getting sent up. When you have 700-800 TPE guys still in juniors I think that is a fundamental problem.

I don't like having so many capped players in the SMJHL because its means fewer opportunities for younger prospects to actually get playing time. Considering the SMJHL is mainly for fresh first-gens I don't like making the sim less enjoyable for those guys just for the sake of a Four-Star cup, which is somewhat secondary to me.

A lot of it comes down to your SHL team. Wkp had a spot for me on the third pair and I was happy to take it because they contend for the cup every year at the moment. I understand why someone like @Mayuu might want to stay down despite being a better earner than me because he wants more minutes than what is on offer at buffalo. 

A lot of my top players would be languishing on the fourth line and while I am happy to be bottom pair with only pk minutes I know there are others that don't care for this. Ultimately it is a hobby for everyone and whatever gives you the most fun is what we should encourage. Personally I think we have a great atmosphere at the Armada and I encourage everyone to make their own choice when it comes to where they play. I don't think we should cast judgment on those that choose to stay four seasons just because we have a draft of over 100 people.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

01-11-2019, 04:17 PMAcsolap Wrote:
01-11-2019, 10:49 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: I've never been a proponent of "forcing" SMJHL guys up, but more that there needs to be a systemic change to incentivize players getting sent up. When you have 700-800 TPE guys still in juniors I think that is a fundamental problem.

I don't like having so many capped players in the SMJHL because its means fewer opportunities for younger prospects to actually get playing time. Considering the SMJHL is mainly for fresh first-gens I don't like making the sim less enjoyable for those guys just for the sake of a Four-Star cup, which is somewhat secondary to me.

A lot of it comes down to your SHL team. Wkp had a spot for me on the third pair and I was happy to take it because they contend for the cup every year at the moment. I understand why someone like @Mayuu might want to stay down despite being a better earner than me because he wants more minutes than what is on offer at buffalo. 

A lot of my top players would be languishing on the fourth line and while I am happy to be bottom pair with only pk minutes I know there are others that don't care for this. Ultimately it is a hobby for everyone and whatever gives you the most fun is what we should encourage. Personally I think we have a great atmosphere at the Armada and I encourage everyone to make their own choice when it comes to where they play. I don't think we should cast judgment on those that choose to stay four seasons just because we have a draft of over 100 people.

You hit the nail on the head, I'd love to go up and contribute, but seeing as SHL is the more competitive league there's no welfare spots. All 9 forwards on the top 3 lines have more TPE then me, even if some of them are inactive.
I'd rather stay down an extra season and see the chance for a cup being higher for Buffalo, then fuck em by demanding a spot before i actually crack to roster!

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2019, 07:25 PM by goldenglutes.)

Going by the TPE rankings in the SHL, there are exactly 100 players with 1k+ TPE, and 202 players with 600+ TPE.

Are the expansion teams going to bring down the TPE requirements to be a top 9 F / top 4 D in the SHL? Let's do some quick napkin math.

There are going to be 16 teams, so that's 208 top 9 / top 4 spots, plus 32 goalies, so 240 spots. This puts the very bottom end of the spectrum at 405 TPE.

Going by the current 14 team calculation, that's 183 top 9 / top 4 spots, plus 28 goalies, so 211 spots. This puts the very bottom end of the spectrum at 565 TPE.

So I guess the answer is a little bit? I don't think the list takes into account the TPEs of send-downs, so the real difference if we include send-downs might be completely different. However, from the looks of it right now, the 2 expansion teams makes it so that you only need ~400 TPE to be considered for a top 9 / top 4 spot on an average SHL team, so I guess that's actually great since that's much closer to the 350 cap than 565 is.

Maybe this problem might get solved by the expansion teams altogether.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 10:08 AM by Slappydoodle.)

In the middle of the episode, but i wanted to set you at ease. If the two of you do a one hour podcast every week you can fully fund voth of your players without ever writing a word. Bonk and i have been living proof of this for four years now. I will occasionally write something, bit Bonk almost never does. I have never held a job here other than being on the awards committee

Also, definitely strive to record in the same room whenever possible. The audio is much better, but nore importantly it brings a different energy and life that is otherwise hard to capture.

Also fellas, definitely start a questions thread ovwr in rhe SHL podcast questions area. Sure helps ro fill an houe when you let others prompt you some.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]