Create Account

Dean and Dick
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 02:25 AM by Mac.)

(1,036 Words)

BANG!

Into the locker room, Dick Shivers falls, drunk and disheveled, but that is completely normal. After all, this is the trademark, and given the fact that Dean Colt had gifted him his entire moonshine stash upon retirement, Dick has managed to stay intoxicated daily for nearly three full years now.

Dean Colt, the Grandson of Dean Colt looks up from his stall and shakes his head.

DICK: Dean mah boy! How are you! I am here for your vinterdue

Dean: You mean, my interview?

DICK: Yes! Yes! That it is. So how does it feel, now after nearly a half season to finally score your first and second goals of the season? You couldn't hit the net if your life depended on it for the last twenty or so games, but managed to score some assists after your line mates buried the rebounds.

Dean: Like I have a huge monkey off my back, but since you have shown up, I don't really feel that way anymore. It was frustrating to be sure, I cant tell you how frustrating, given how much work I put into my scoring and puck handling over the offseason, to see fifty five shots miss the mark in a row, but it feels good. Along the way I managed to stay at the top of the faceoff leaderboards against some of the best centers in the league, and that means a lot. We have a great defense, really reliable and our goalies, Larson and Scorpio are solid as can be, so we can rest assured I will win the faceoff in the defensive zone and we will alleviate any potential shots on net.

DICK: You have also managed to get into three fights so far this season, winning one without a doubt and drawing the two others, would your lack of scoring and frustration have anything to do with that?

Dean: No doubt, they were chirping and while I respect them for dropping the gloves, it felt great to knock some teeth in and vent, its too bad, cause I injured my had during the process which caused my shot to be off the next few games, which frustrated me even more and made me want to fight again to take out more frustration.

DICK: Yeah, I can definitely see that. Your grandpappy was known for getting into the occasional scrap as well, he and that shithead Bubba Nuck actually tied for the Turd Fergerson Trophy about eight, maybe nine seasons ago, he fought a lot that season, but really it didnt affect his scoring. Speaking of scoring you managed to score in the shootout early on, but havent had the opportunity to do so again, why is that?

Dean: Well, our GM, Assclap has me at fourth in the shootout, so unless it extends, I dont have the chance and honestly, that may be for the best given that I haven't been able to score, so no pressure.

DICK: What would you say is the biggest surprise for the team this season? Any comments on the rookies?

Dean: Well for myself, I am playing much better defensively, so surprised I am among the top ten in the league for differential, but the biggest surprises and most pleasant ones have been the pace at which Bouchie, Mayfield are producing, they are meshing really well and firing on all cyclinders.

Add in Kovacs, Xena, Lockhart and Niemi, all returning players producing at a great clip and we have a great scoring depth for the team, and of course, Karhunen is doing exceptionally well for a rookie with three goals and eleven assists.

DICK: After yourself there is a little bit of a dropoff for scoring, do you think that will change during the season?

Dean: Oh yeah, they are mostly rookies so expecting a point a game or something, you will be left disappointed, we have Cotalay and Dzerins both with four goals and assists, so they are pretty well rounded, Yoshi I figured would be doing better, but that may happen in time, Ashburn has proven very valuable as with Yoshi, they are both plus ten on the season.

Bust has been well, a bust this season with only six points and a minus three, but seeing rookies getting points in Cloutier, Emmerton and Sins, that definitely is refreshing that even third line and third pairing is showing up on the scoreboard.

We are functioning well as a team and there doesnt seem to be any major problems to fix, we are performing well, going on win streaks and getting lots of pucks on net, cant ask for more really and as the players, especially the rookies continue to improve, I cant see us not making the playoffs and making it rather deep into them as well.

DICK: Yes, you guys are firmly in first place with a 17-7-1 record, and with two and a half times the goal differential of your nearest competition, it looks like you guys are an absolute powerhouse.

Dean: Very. Though our road record is something that concerns me, while we are 11-2 at home, we are very average wth 6-5-1 away from home ice, I hope that changes as the season goes on.

DICK: Any comments on other teams?

Dean: Jesus Christ, what is going on in Halifax, you'd think they would be doing better than the expansion teams in Anaheim and Lethbridge, but they have had an absolutely horrendous season so far, with the Lions near doubling their wins and the Outlaws quadrupling them. I imagine things will even out, but I cant imagine how depressing that locker room must be.

Three wins all season, I know how I felt not scoring for half a season, but going that long between wins must have been an entire locker room of players feeling much the same way as I did and that can't be good for morale, I was definitely moody and pissy and wanting to say screw it and ask to be demoted or traded instead of dragging the team down further by not producing.

DICK: Well things seem to be going well in Anchorage, hopefully they continue. Best of luck.

Dean: Thanks Dick.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]