Create Account

S45 PT #3 - Mix and Match

when would be safe to assume that I losing closest 3400 tpe in just a few weeks would make your team unsuccessful in playoff endeavors, however Simon decides that he loves Calgary more than any other team in the SIM.it's very unlikely that Calgary misses the playoffs any time going forward even if they put out a lineup of nipple ringed chimpanzees named Lee. The dragons can have a team made up of garden hoses and still find a way to make the playoffs to cuz when you end up doing the black magic voodoo that Esa does, it's unlikely that you'll ever lose again.

realistically speaking one would be safe to assume that the run of luck that Calgary is had will be going away. But with the talent out east getting stronger while the West guess weaker, it will be a while tell Calgary is not in the playoff picture much longer.

A lifetime achievement award is a tough one to judge and determine how to give out and who to give it to. For one, how do you decide that someone’s body of work is worth the granting of this award? Someone like Eggy who is a great commish (in my humble opinion) or someone like Evok who is a fantastic simmer both come to mind as people that have had a positive impact on the site as whole and are crucial parts of our organization. However, things could hypothetically change. Eggy could pull a Rush and DDOS the site or Evok could start resimming things until Edmonton finally gets over that hump and wins a Challenge Cup (please note that I don’t think either of those things would ever happen), and if we had given them the Onoprienko award, well, that would just be a bad look. Overall my recommendation for this award if it were to be given out in the upcoming season would be to give it to @DrunkenTeddy . His administration of the site and overseeing the site transfer was nothing short of brilliant and the way he handled the Rush incident as well as his constant work to improve the site has earned him this award in my opinion.

WC: 211

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

PT SHARE

[Image: vikian.gif]

I think it's pretty clear that, while the window is quickly closing, Calgary is still in it. The team has traded away a few big names, but they still have their crown jewel. The biggest name of them all. They still have the one, the only Esa. No matter what happens with the roster, I'm pretty sure that Esa will single handedly carry Calgary into the playoffs until someone finally takes him out back and gives him the Old Yeller. Being that he's the GM of Calgary, I don't think anyone from the team is going to point his walker in another direction to keep him away from the ice. As much as other players were important to the franchise, Esa is the face of the franchise and the last remaining player from an Era of the SHL that many of us today don't even know existed.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Topic 2 -Were more then half way through the S45 season in whats been an historic rookie class in the SMJHL, put your pundit cap on and let us know which players are beggining to make a name for themselves on or off the ice and why... as our highly anticipated SHL draft approaches -> *tag player*

As the season has progressed, we get closer and closer to the impending SHL Draft. Scouting is intensifying, and one team which is getting a lot of attention is the Kelowna Knights. They have 3 players who are all in consideration to be a top overall pick. Guy Zheng @goldenglutes is an offensive defenseman who is really showing his skills in his draft season. Leading all rookies in points, he is making scouts notice.
His teammate Karlstrab Scholz @karlssens is currently the property of the Blizzard, but would he waive their rights and join the draft if he knew he would go first overall? Also a dark horse to be a top draft pick is Dick Clapper @5ympathies has really been showing all-around talent on the ice, and if he can handle the scrutiny might find himself called early.

Topic 3 -The Vidrik Onoprienko award is an accolade given out to a member for there lifetime of dedication on the site. an award so prestigious that only a handful of people have ever won! It's been 5 seasons since our last winner so theirs reason to believe one will be chosen soon..... If the decision was yours to choose our next member... who would you choose and why? -> *tag member*

Many many people could be mentioned here as a great number of unique individuals and personalities have contributed to making the site what it was and is. If I could only pick one, though, it would be @JayWhy . His contributions to both leagues, as a GM in both, and as a simmer for so many seasons to move us through a transformative era of the S30's and framing the groundwork for the most important aspect of the league, which is the games themselves. He has also been a contributor in the discussions in Head office to move forward with new ideas and aspects while also being a voice for the old guard and retaining and remembering the history of the league.

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

NSFL CW

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 01:01 PM by Ace.)

1) It is finally time for Calgary to die. We've all been waiting for it, and now it's finally happening. We'll all look back seasons from now on the powerhouse Dragons. It'll be S60 and Mike Izzy's shambling corpse will still be on the top line. Esa will probably unretire and play until he's at -50 TPE as well. Knowing how the West is, it'll be interesting seeing Texas, LAP and maybe even SFP leapfrog the dragons moving forward.

2) Borromini Cannellini is leading the way in TPE for this draft class. It should come to no surprise that ArGarBarGar is dedicated, but he seems to be ready to prove it all over again. It'd be interesting to see if he can last as long as Alonzo Garbanzo and match his career accolades. I'm also rather excited to see how Olin O'Dowd develops. I thought his last player had a really bright future and a lot of potential, but he ultimately stalled. O'Dowd isn't that far off of Cannellini's numbers. @ArGarBarGar @Sour_Chin_Music

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Topic 1:

While many people look at this as a possible end of an era, and many people look at the overall TPE numbers in general when it comes to trades, an era can be extended by acquiring draft picks and making smart picks with those picks. Now I admit, if these draft picks do not work out, yes, end of an era it is, there is no coming back from trading stars and not getting good active players with the picks you got in return. Obviously, the picks to this point have been smart and Calgary made their era, so they can continue to make it. With an expected Reddit draft coming up, it will be a deep draft, it is a chance to fill any holes the GMs see and fill them up with exciting new rookies. I am not 100% sure on how their picks have developed so far and who might be coming up but with smart coaching and smart GMing, this team will be fine. New England better though.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Topic 1 - This definitely isn't the end of an era in Calgary. Even with the trading of 2 1700+ TPE forwards they're still in the hunt for a playoff spot. With a solid blue line and stud goalie in Vilde plus some nice young forwards still growing, the Dragons aren't going away any time soon. Even if they somehow did not make the playoffs, which I have 100% faith in Esa to make it in, they'd just get a higher draft pick to go with their already decent corp of players. On top of that they have 4 picks in the top 2 rounds of the next draft which is one of the deepest drafts in history and they should come away with 4 amazing prospects to help tear up the league for a long time to come. If there's any GM in the league that I would count on doing this much with what they have it would be Esa and he never fails to deliver.

165 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Quote:Topic 1 -After an unpresidented run of prosperity which includes making the post season in 20 of the last 21 seasons, the Calgary Dragons dealt Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus in a series of draft pick trades wiping 3400 TPE off the roster. Is this the end of an era? Put your pundit cap on and let us know whats in store for the Dragons moving forward?

I don't think it is necessarily the end of an era because Esa is just so damn good at what he does. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dragons do a relatively quick retool, where they might not bee the top-contender for a few seasons but still make the playoffs and maybe even go deep again in a good year. The odds are still stacked against them however, the team has lost a lot of quality lately and while they have some good young players that are improving, it likely won't be enough to make an impact right away. A lot will depend on goaltender Kata Vilde who is just entering her prime and who, with the help of a group of veteran players, could carry the team on her back if she continues to develop. If she doesn't hit those lofty expectations that however then Calgary will have a tough time because the roster by itself will likely to be one of the weaker ones in the league over the next season or two.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 03:33 PM by MyLittleHexx.)

[Image: kR1MOSZ.jpg]

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Let's take a look at some of the steals in this year's draft. Look for these players to make big jumps up the rankings:

@Sour_Chin_Music - Olin O'Dowd (42nd overall)

Olin O'Dowd has impressed greatly early on in their SMJHL career. The currently rank 5th in TPE earned and have done so in a valuable D position. If O'Dowd keeps up this level of commitment they are easily a top half of the first round talent player in the SHL draft despite being a 5th round pick just a few weeks ago.

@Katth - Barry Batsbak (61st Overall)

Barry Batsbak was a 7th round pick by Kelowna. Since the draft he has reached top 20 in TPE earned and is looking like a quality player who could easily picked in the first 2 rounds of the SHL draft. A high earner in a coveted C position may cause Katth to go in the first round! Very underrated player right now.

@gordieboom - Gordie Boomhover (87th Overall)

Finally, we have Gordie Boomhover. When this player was selected, I thought they were going to be the steal of the draft class, and so far he hasn't let me down. Boomhover is just rounding out the top-20 in TPE despite being drafted in the late 9th round of the SMJHL draft. Surely he won't be looked over in the SHL draft.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Topic 1

I think it's very clear the Dragons are looking to move in a new direction. They've been dominant for a long time but it seems their sustained success was no longer so sustainable due to an aging roster and the rise of other teams in the SHL that have challenged Calgary's place as the premier franchise in the league. It's not a bad thing, though. The GMs obviously weren't in the business of trying to stretch what they had for as long as possible, opting instead for what they likely hope will be a faster-paced rebuild. This means that there are some difficult seasons in store for the franchise and we will likely see them miss the playoffs more often than not in the near future. It's been long since the Dragons had to build from nothing... Their future success hinges upon whether their GM tandem can draft well and get players to buy into a culture in an SHL that is very different than it was 20 seasons ago.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Code:
1. Choose 1 of the SMJHL rookies and create a draft showcase poster to help them gain publicity for the upcoming draft, poster should include: Player Name, Player Render, SMJHL Team logo and Wording to hype that player up.

[Image: VaWMHsN.png]

[Image: Jepox.gif]