Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT # 3: Pre-Game Playlist
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 01:41 PM by ej27.)

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.

Requirements

Make a list of 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist.

Reward

2 TPE for doing the thing & 2 additional TPE if you make a graphic of your choices or elaborate on them (explain who picks the song, how the team reacts, etc.) for a possible total of 4 TPE.

Only S45 SMJHL Rookies (S46 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline Monday 1/21/2019 @ 10am CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 08:37 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Well how it works for the Raptors is that a player, selected at random each day, picks the pre-game and post-game tunes. Captain Cassius Darrow supervises the draw, and its very conspicuous that only veteran friends of his seem to win it..........

Theres a heavy focus on your typical work-out pump up tunes, with a lot of epic riffs and/or beats to get the players hyped up. The stereo volume must be set to "deafening to anyone who walks near it" for maximum effect. Everyone generally reacts positively to this except for a few of the rookies, who wonder when its gonna be their turn to pick the tunes.......

As for Nick Brain, well, lets see what shuffle on the ol' iPhone playlist gives us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3tMLFR8bes - The Offspring - Nitro(Youth Energy)
-One of Nick's fav movies is Varsity Blues. Why? Iunno, probably cause athletes across sports can relate to the plot and could apply it to each sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Irs8buVaZo - Janus Stark - Every Little Thing Counts
-See above

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHlhcqctS9Y - Super Street Fighter IV OST - Volcanic Rim Theme
-When he isn't using his work ethic to become a better hockey player or cooking good food for his teammates, Nick's playing video games, and Street Fighter is amongst the favorites. This of course is a quality pump up tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUdST7WZHlg - Apocalyptica - Grace
-If its good enough for an EA Sports soundtrack, its good enough for absolutely nothing cause EA sucks. Wait never mind, this song is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np8GaFHD9Lg - Aces High - Iron Maiden
-Iron Maiden is a solid name for a band and a deathtrap and this is one of their better songs.

A pretty eclectic collection of tunes, but hey, he hit shuffle, what are ya gonna do? In the unlikely event Nick won the draw, maybe these would be the tunes the Raptors hear before they blow out their next opponent?

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Kelowna Knights Pre-Game playlist is a pack of many many songs played randomly. Every player gets to bring 5 songs and then the list shuffles them.

Of course, Nathan Explosion's contributions to the list had to include metal masterpieces from his former band Dethklok but he also brought in some less brutal stuff for his teamates who had not the same musical refinement as him. Funny enough, every song is related to coffee.

1st song: In fact, the first song is not really a song, it is a Jingle. Some say Nathan Explosion has to plug this song everywhere he can because he is a sellout. But he says he really loves coffee, especially Duncan Hills Coffee, the blackest coffee ever.
Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle - Dethklok

2nd song: After selling out a spot of his playlist, he included the song which would be his favorite Dethklok song, Awaken. The song itself speaks about some Ancient Finnish Monster, and the song is banned in many nordic countries, but not in Kelowna.

Awaken - Dethklok

3rd song: To get back into Coffee Themed music, what about a masterpiece from Devin Townsend's Ziltoid The omniscient. The story of the album itself is about an alien looking for the best coffee in the universe.

https://youtu.be/H5BqyluKkk0

4th song : Without straying afar from galactic metal, the next song is from Brendan Small, creator of most Dethklok songs. The song from the album Galaktikon, On my way, is perfectly themed for a pre-game as it is fast paced and gets everyone in the mood to play hard and fast.

On my Way - Brendan Small's Galaktikon

5th song: The last song Nathan Explosion could add to the playlist was a personnal favorite of his, also related to Coffee, his favorite morning ritual. The song is called Ritual, from the band Ghost. The approach to every game should be to summon deep inside of you the energy to play the best hockey ever, and this song does exactly that!

Ritual - Ghost

Here is Nathan Explosion's submissions for the Kelowna Knights pregame music playlist. It is said that many of his teamates found his choice explanationa bit cheesy and lame, but who cares, he came into the SHL to bring brutality in any form, and these songs do just that.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The Kelowna Knights locker room is a fair locker room. Each player has the right to play their own playlist for the pre-game. In this way, we get to see whose players has the best pre-game hype playlist and therefore, the best DJ in the locker room. 

As for Zach Laliberté, he is kind of an hybrid between modern and old timer with his playlist. It maybe not make the unanimity in the locker room, but for the people in the same mindset of Zach, it does wonders before a big game of hockey. 
Let see how it goes for the playlist of the number 87 of the Knights:

#5 X Gon Give It To Ya - DMX
Who can't get hype to this song, honestly? It gets just the right amount of adrenaline in our veins, and boy oh boy does it cranks up Laliberté before a game.

#4 We Will Rock You - Queen
'Cause duh? Who's not hyped after listening to this unforgettable classic of all time?

#3 Sandstorm - Darude
Okay. He has a little bit of trouble admitting it because of all the meme, but this song got to him. Somehow, this is a game changer for Laliberté and this songs oddly pumps him up a LOT before a game. Don't try to understand too much; he can't neither. 

#2: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
A old timer classic. He's been listening to this song before hitting the glass since he was a little man. It got to a tradition with his dad, as this is the #1 hype song of his father in the time that he was playing hockey. The tradition goes from generation, as Zach Laliberté still listen to this mystical guitar riffs everytime before a game.

#1 Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
The man, the legend, the best. You can't go wrong with this Led Zeppelin all-time best song to get hype. The agressive legendary guitar riffs, the strong deep singing, the everything. This song is an all-time winner for pumping up boys and girls for big game. And Laliberté knows it.

[Image: Deouvwc.png]

[Image: playlist.png]

The playlist was designed to increase with intensity leading up to what can only be described in the best breakdown in all of music ever. 

Footnote: Bounce is actually where we do a ritual to the hockey gods praying for good puck luck

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

NSFL PT

[Image: wHACKER.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 03:08 PM by Off.)

The Whalers seem to have a very eclectic song variety in the locker room.

Some of the songs that can be heard are

U Mad - Vic Mensa ft. Kanye West

Collard Greens - SchoolBoy Q

The Beast - Tech N9ne

The Purge Walkout song

Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch

The fist two songs are known favorites to most of the crew and are in general used for hyping up the players. The beast was a recent request by Vrzala to be added to the rotation in addition to the other plethora of hype songs that can be found there. 

For the most part, the songs on a special playlist that is on shuffle. Players sometimes hijack the aux in order to switch up the songs now and again, but most of the time most of the players get in the zone, while the music really plays in the back ground. 

The only tradition with the music, is the playing of the purge song at the commencement of the walkout. The younger players enjoy this more and channel the message of the song to turn their energy into playing potential. The older guys don't really get it

[Image: Off.gif]

The Kelowna Knights always listen to music before games. The player who picks the music differs from game to game. 

#1- Vic Mensa-U Mad (ft. Kanye West)  
This song is a great hype song for the players to get ready for. It's also great for players to get ready against rivals that they hate. 

#2 Dj Khaled- All I Do Is Win (ft. Ludacris, Rick Ross, T-pain, and Snoop Dog  
Great song to get the team ready to win any game they need to play. Need to have the mindset to win every game we play.

#3 Roy Jones-Can't be touched  
Hype song to get the players excited and ready to play a physical game and to never stop playing hard all game.

#4 Three Days Grace-Riot
Great rock for players who aren't that into Hip-Hop or Rap to get excited for. Players are able to get hyped up and ready to cause some mayhem on the ice.

#5 Guns N' Roses- Welcome To The Jungle  
A Song that is played during home games. Reminds the players that they are home and that need to welcome their opponents to a hard place to play at.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 03:11 PM by Djenthallman.)

Whalers' players like different music, but many prefer something energetic to pump everyone up. I like heavy music but I understand that not everyone likes it so I bring some lighter tunes, but still they can light the whole locker room up.

1. Pantera — Walk

The classic of rock which makes everyone headbang.

2. Oxxxymiron — Город под подошвой

As a Russian player I bring some music from my homeland and Oxxxymiron is a great example of aggressive energetic Russian hip-hop.

3. Gideon — Champions

Some banging hardcore with motivational lyrics to make everyone fight till the end both off and on the ice.

4. The Offspring — Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)

Another classic piece of rock which makes everyone want to move. Shouting «aha-aha» is very fun, especially with your friends.

5. Avenged Sevenfold — Bat Country

Yet another crazy piece of rock music, you just can't start the game in a bad mood.

In our locker room not many songs are being played. In an effort to spice things up, i started posting things, starting with:

Boom boom boom (Vengaboys)
Obviously, boom boom boom is a reference to Gordie Boomhover and you need to sing “Boom boom boom, this is our locker room”. Not all members did appreciate this effort. “Wtf, this isn’t the NSFW channel” - Aleister Cain @SlashACM. Clearly he did not know the song.

Dingle dangle scarecrow rhyme
All rookies are obligated to add this to their playlist.

Queen - We are the champions
This is obvious, we are the reigning champions.

Springsteen - Working on a dream
Let’s not forget, there is more for us in store! Work hard to fullfill your dreams!

2 Unlimited - Get ready for this
Perfect song for us to get ready for the games.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

In Halifax music is a big part of our LR culture so everyone has a hand in choosing our pregame playlist. We decided it was best that the first song in our playlist set the tone properly for the opposing team so we have a different first track for home and away games.

1st home song: Invaders must die - the prodigy

We hope that even the name alone for this song is intimidating enough to help us win some games. I mean, it hasn't yet, but we still cling to that hope.

1st away song: We Will Rock you - Queen

Except we aren't actually using queens version. to increase our intimidation by a factor of 69 we are using the version where we rock you, sock you, pick you up and drop you, flush you down the toilet, hope you will enjoy it.

2nd song: You want a battle?(Here's a war) - Bullet for my Valentine

Another song we feel comes off strong and helps flex our otherwise generally unimpressive muscles. This song packs the punch we can't always deliver ourselves, at home or on the road.

3rd song: In too Deep - Sum41

at this point we usually realize that the other team is still better than us and start to get second thoughts.

4th song: Why Can't we be Friends? - WAR

deep regret has set in. our fate is clear.

5th song: God Damn I'm Dead Again - Sum41

title self explanatory

The Montreal Militia's music tastes covers a wide range of genres, as the the older players enjoy more rock and the classics while the younger players on the team enjoy more pop, rap, R&B and EDM. The five songs that are on our pre-game playlist before we hit the ice satisfies the music tastes of our diverse music taste.

#1- BTS - Mic Drop (Steve Aoki Remix)
This track gets the boys in the groove and is one of my song selections as i am a huge BTS fan. When this song plays the boys chirp me for always getting jiggy with it.

#2- Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions
A lot of our guys on our team are huge A7X fans and this song pumps up our locker room as you can see most guys headbanging to this track. 

#3- Usher - Yeah
A classic track that most of us grew up listening to, always gets the boys singing and screaming "Yeah" at the top of our lungs before game time. 

#4- Eminem - Till I Collapse
Eminem is an iconic rapper and this song really sets the mood to get us all to focus before we hit the ice for puck drop.

#5- BTS - Idol (feat Nicki Minaj)
Another song selection by me that gets the boys pumped as this song can be easily be an anthem for a soccer tournament with the whistles in the background. Once again the boys are usually chirping me for getting too into the song when it plays.

Here is our pre-game playlist that we use to get into the zone before we play a game!

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 03:57 PM by FuzzSHL.)

St Louis continues to be a team that goes above and beyond in terms of team chemistry, and the pre-game playlist is a topic that many teams have trouble agreeing on. The Scarecrows have taken a different approach to the pregame playlist this season, as a different player plays their playlist before each game. We got a chance to ask one of the St Louis Scarecrows rookies, Michael Fox, for his pregame playlist and his reasonings for each song. 

1. U Don't Know - Alison Wonderland (Slander Remix)
       Michael Fox: "I always like to start out my playlists with a song with a somewhat slow start, and this fit the bill perfectly the second I heard
                          it. Starts a little slow but once it hits it gets everyone going. Everyone seems to lock in once this song comes on. Just like with
                         games, how you start is important, and I've found this is as good of a start to a playlist as you can get." 

2. Run - Alison Wonderland
       MF: "I had Spotify Radio playing during one of my off-ice workouts earlier this season and this song came on. I ended up adding it 
                          to my personal pregame playlist before the second game against Vancouver and I ended up netting my first SMJHL goal that 
                         game, and it's been on the playlist ever since."

3. Enough - Flume ft. Pusha T
       MF: "This is another one that's been on practically every playlist I've ever had. This song dropped while I was on a snowboarding trip and we
              had it on repeat all week. I know every word to this song and if you happen to come in on a day where my list is on pregame, you'll
             probably see me embarrassing myself over at my locker rapping along to this, as well as with Ballin."

4. Ballin - Logic ft. Castro
       MF: "Just like with Enough, you can catch me embarrassing myself at my locker rapping this if I'm still putting equipment on. The guys
              started out laughing at me but over the course of the few times my playlist has been on I've noticed a few guys starting to jam to this
             one too. I'm personally not as much of a Logic fan as I used to be and this song may soon be on the chopping block, but for now it's still
            enough of a pump up song that it's staying on the list."

5. Back Again - Flosstradamus
       MF: "This has been on my playlist practically since it came out when I was in middle school. I've been throwing down to this song for a while 
              now and it honestly never gets old. Also, every time before a game it's like 'We're back b******' - sorry, can I say that? - and I 
             personally come out of the gate a little hotter after I hear this one. Like I said earlier, how you start is important, but to add to that, its
            how you end that really matters, and with this one fading out as we hit the ice, this one lets us all know it's game time."

Surely some interesting choices from the Scarecrow rookie, but it's good to see St Louis taking a different approach to the pregame music than some other teams seem to be taking. It might explain why the underlying stats look so good for the Crows, and surely the results should soon follow as the season is hitting its final stretch.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

PBE PT Welfare

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

The lions are looking at the second half of the season and use the pre game tunes to work themselves up for each and every game, starting off with

#1 APESHIT - The Carters
First off the team has to get in the mood of destroying on the ice by willin' out in the locker room first.

#2 Pray For Me - The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar
Next we gotta mellow out and take a second to appreciate the game and where we are. The focus this song provides along with the reflection brings the calm after the fire starts.

#3 Ways To Go - Group Love
Even tho we have been improving we all know there is lots more to bring so we remind ourselves that even if we are winning there is always a way to go to reach the top so we can't stop.

#4 You're on Fire - They Might Be Giants
This one is the slow pump up song which reminds us that we are fire and we'll crush if we just keep that fire for the game

#5 Black Betty - Ram Jam
Nothing like firing out the gates right after this lively song. Its the last played out of the locker room and honestly who isn't ready for some classic puck after this jam.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]