Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT # 3: Pre-Game Playlist

1. Coming For You - Offspring
  This is a song that the coach picked out. He heard it on the radio and decided it needed to get added to our playlist. None of the boys particularly like it but it’s a good start up song. It’s a transition from sitting to getting pumped up. 

2. Lose Yourself - Eminem
  This one was mutually agreed upon by the boys. A pregame playlist isn’t complete without this song on it. It’s time to bring the focus. 

3. Monster - Kanye West (ft. Nicki Minaj and some other people. We don’t really know who we mostly just listen to Nicki’s part because let’s be real, that’s the only good part of the song). 
 McKorsy picked this song out because he’s a sucker for some Nicki Minaj. 

4. A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton 
   Perry Morgan picked this song out. The rest of the boys rejected it at first but we’ve all come to love it. This song is a banger and if that piano doesn’t get you pumped, nothing will. The passion just rubs off on us I guess. 

5. Wonderwall- Groove Delight and Krash! Remix
  We don’t know exactly where this one came from, it just ended up in the playlist and no one will fess up to adding it. The drop is filthy though so no one has bothered to take it out yet. We suspect Jimmy Slothface might have added it but the world may never know.

The Montreal Militia have a wide range of musical tastes. Ranging from big band jazz all the way to modern electronic music. James Truong has already shown our teams’ go to pump up setlist. Here is a metal pump up playlist for the metal heads on the team:

1. As I Am - Dream Theater

This go to song gets the team going early. A strong leading guitar riff gets the blood flowing fast. A particular favourite for players with sick flow as this song is impossible to listen to without headbanging once.

2. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due - Megadeth

A classic thrash metal song. The Megadeth vs Metallica rages on in the locker room. This is one of Commander Shepard's favourites as it reminds him of his glory days saving the galaxy before his hockey days.

3. War Pigs (Live) - Black Sabbath

No metal playlist is complete without a Sabbath song. Sometimes hockey is war and this song pumps up the gritier players on the team. Dio also kills it with this song.

4. For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica

Great tune that is played as the team enters the tunnel. The bell that chimes gets the team focused. WIth the sick bass solo keeping things heavy. This song was picked by Willie Fisterbottom because it gets him ready in case a fight happens in the coming game.

5. 2 Minutes to Midnight - Iron Maiden

Although listed last this is usually the first song to be played from the metal pre-game when the team walks into the locker room. It creates a sense of urgency within the team with how epic the song is.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Here in Halifax, we like music because it distracts from the unfortunate reality that we are absolutely fucked in the standings. Naturally, I am in charge of music on the weekends. Everybody knows I've got the best tunes, so here we go.

Whatever - Our Lady Peace

We choose this song because we want to instill fear into our opponent. You may say, Troy how does this instill fear into opponents? Well this was Chris Benoit's theme song in WWE. And Chris Benoit killed his family. So, connect the dots. I wanna put the boys in the mood to kill the other team. 

Cocaine - Eric Clapton

This one is for motivation. I'll just leave it at that.

This Means War - Avenged Sevenfold

Every game is a war and unfortunately so far, we're looking like the French. We have to destroy our enemies with the force of a thousand armies. Right now we're a dinghy against 25 battleships.

Reckless and Relentless - Asking Alexandria

So this song goes out to the rest of the league. Except replace the word "band" in the open with "team". Also because it's about partying so it's a middle finger to our critics. We go to bible study like good kids. Plus whiskey only burns if you're a bitch.

I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys

If you don't like the Backstreet Boys, I will petition for the GM to trade you. So this is how I test who needs to get traded. And yes, that's why we've had a couple trades in the last week.

Big Walter Ulrich
S69 Prospect
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 06:24 PM by LonnyBohonos16.)

#1 Johnny Sins: September – Earth, Wind & Fire
The player with the best music taste on the team is Johnny Sins or course. His song of choice would be September by Earth, Wind & Fire. It usually seems to get a positive reaction from everyone considering how positive and happy the song is. It can lead to some players dancing around the dressing room. The cocaine fueled music video is just a bonus for anyone that wants to get in an even better mood. 

#2 Leopold Lockhart: Dammit – Blink-182
The second song that is in constant rotation in our dressing room is Leopold Lockhart’s favourite, Dammit by Blink-182, a classic that generally makes everyone feel nostalgic when they hear it. Even though it would be very unlikely, if someone had an issue with Dammit playing, they would have to shut up and listen to the song because Captain Lockhart gets the final say.

#3 Olivier Cloutier: Under Your Spell - Desire
Olivier Cloutier gets complete control over the music anytime the Armada suffer a defeat. Due to the fact that he only listens to sad music, his choice are generally appropriate for that time and that time only. His go to song is Under Your Spell – Desire which brings the entire dressing room to tears.

#4 Peter Larson: You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC
Goaltender Peter Larson gets us all pumped up with this classic from the 80’s, this is on constant rotation right before we step on the ice. 

#5 Jacob Geza: Serbia Strong- Some Random Serbians
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIcxqVRLEWI][/url]
I can’t reiterate this enough but Geza is not allowed within 10 feet of the stereo for obvious reasons. It started with him playing Serbian Army music and has since evolved to whatever Serbia Strong is. Geza has informed us that Serbia Strong is a staple in his love making playlist which makes it even worse he tries to play it before games. Nevertheless, there is a restraining order between Geza and the stereo that prevents him from getting within 10 feet of the stereo so please inform the authorities if he goes near it.

[Image: sins.png?width=500&height=334]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 06:22 PM by Jenny.)

Olivier's music taste leans toward indie film soundtracks, which are generally not locker room appropriate, and French electronica, which is much more palatable for a pre-game playlist. When Olivier finally gets locker room aux cable rights for the pre-game rather than the post-game loss soundtrack again (after that unfortunate time that a dance remix of Kavinsky's Nightcall shuffled to NOT a remix of Iron & Wine's Such Great Heights and he didn't have time to dive for his phone and turn it off before the entire locker room started making fun of him), his playlist looks something like this:

The City - Madeon
Adventure is Olivier's ideal album, and this is one of those positive songs that reminds him to "dance like there's no tomorrow".

Love In Motion (ft Mayer Hawthorne) - Sebastian
Olivier's fave subgenre of electronic music is house, but he would never tell you that himself because he thinks it sounds pretentious. Also he loves this song's album cover precisely because it IS pretentious, but don't ask him to talk about that, either.

Odd Look (The Weeknd Remix) - Kavinsky
Olivier would've played the original of this, but it's a bit longer and a lot weirder, so the remix will do.

Instant Crush - Daft Punk
Olivier's a romantic, and he's pretty sure his French citizenship would be revoked if he didn't put Daft Punk on the list, so here's the best combo of those two things.

Midnight City - M83
Olivier likes M83's 2014 album You and the Night much better, but this is M83's breakout song and it's more of a jam, so it goes on the jams playlist.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 06:20 PM by gillon.)

Whenever rookie Kristoffer Svensson receives the blessing of his teammates to finally be in charge of the tunes, you better believe he brings fire.

We're going straight retro synthwave - mullets flapping in the wind, beats to dream for and tunes that go just as well to flying down a neon lit road as they do flying down the rink.

[Image: WhpdoFg.jpg]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

The locker room has a lot of unique characters with a lot of unique tastes. Here are some of the tunes that have been occasionally heard:

1. Dynoro & Gigi D'Agostino - In My Mind
    When the team is playing poorly - taking unnecessary penalties, no hustle, frequently getting caught offside, and generally not giving it our best, our coach/GM band together and make us listen to this on repeat for hours. We usually play amazingly well for the next few games afterwards.
  2. Joe Satriani - On Peregrine Wings
    This song has popped up a few times. Sometimes played before a big game. It's oddly calming, but also like there's something looming..something to prepare for.
  3. Earth, Wind & Fire - September
    Johnny already mentioned this one, because, well, it's true. This is one of the more commonly played songs in the locker room and I don't think there's ever been a single negative reaction towards it. It's sometimes played before games, after games, occasionally even between periods.
  4. Megadeth - Dystopia
    A bit of a mixed reaction with this one. Some of the players like it because it's pumps them up before the game. Others aren't too fond of this or even the metal genre itself. Still, it does get played every now and then.
  5. Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars
    This one gets played here and there after games, regardless of whether it's a win or a loss. It's got kind of a calming kind of feel to it with a hint of hope for the future.

Brock Emmerton | LW - Two-Way Forward | Update Page Here
[Image: jguRfEa.jpg]
                                                            Armada  ARMADA  Armada
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 08:36 PM by slothfacekilla.)

In Halifax we're pretty into the pre-game tunes before we hit the ice.  When I'm allowed to play my playlist (usually when I have to drunkenly wrestle the boombox away from Troy) here's what I play to get the room going:

1. "If You Know You Know" by Pusha T
When we all clicking like Golden State.  And you and your team are the motorcade....If you know, you know.
(Since I can only embed 4 videos in a single post here is a link to the song: https://youtu.be/L7-0ugujS2U)

I start my playlist with "If You Know You Know" by Pusha T to get a looser vibe going in the room as people arrive pre-game.  It is definitely one of my favorite recently released songs.  I feel that the outside looking in doesn't get the Halifax locker room, but us inside it know what we are all about and what we need to get done this season.  It is more of a fun song that keeps people loose as they are arriving.

2. "Le Prologue" by Letlive.
"Well hello, now I’m on my way to the sun.  Just to take him on for the place of…God."

I use "Le Prologue" by Letlive. to start ramping up the intensity with the music.  I find the build in this song is a good way to get the team to focus and start getting amped up for the game.

3. "Ebolarama" by Every Time I Die
"When in Rome we shall do a the Romans, when in Hell we do shots at the bar. Last call, kill it. We don't think in terms of mornings afters and we don't utter a single word of the night befores."

Next comes "Ebolarama" by Every Time I Die to keep picking up our energy.  I think this song is the only reason that Troy ever gives me control because we certainly enjoy drinking and causing havoc while listening to it.  The breakdown about a minute and a half into the song really gets me going in the room.

4. "Run the Jewels" by Run the Jewels
Victims, we the wolves that's wilding.  We often smile at sights of violence.  Acting brave and courageous, ain't advantageous for health and safety.  So when we say run the jewels, just run' 'em baby, please don't delay me.

This song brings a little variety to the pump up portion of the playlist.  While hip hop, the lyrics and beat still work well to get the players ready to face the opposition.  

5. "Ali vs. Frazier I" by BANE
It's your call, it's all on you.  Give more.  Give everything.  Give blood.

I try to play this song last before the squad leaves the room.  I feel that the ending of the song is a perfect send off to the ice with the team rowdy and ready to go with a perfect message.

I also gifted each of my teammates with copies of my band's EP, but I found most copies in the trash after the game:  https://ambitionca.bandcamp.com/releases

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

1. Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls
Pretty much the song that every hockey team has on their playlist at some point. This is the song the Smebs used in Korea when they played in the SKHL and they've brought it over with them to NA. It is currently the song the Raptors play when they make their pre game skate.

2. Tame Impala - Let It Happen

This is the song that the DJ plays after the Raptors get scored on or have a bad breakdown in the defensive zone. It's to help the players mental recover and get their heads back into the game and ready for the next shift.

3. Chico - Its Chico Time

This is the goal song that Chico Smeb uses when he scores. Unfortunately, due to Chicos lack of scoring it's only played twice this entire season. Nonetheless it has become immensely popular with the Raptors fans who have turned this tune into a huge meme.

4. Chicago - If You Leave Me Now

This is a song that the Smebs had never heard before their half brother Steve Craig-Smeb introduced it to them after the SMJHL draft. Kit Smeb has fallen in love with this song and plays it every night before bed-time to help him cope with not being drafted to the same team as his brothers. The Raptors allow the Smebs to play this song out of respect for their lost Smeb brother.

5.Bolbbalgan4 - Travel

This is a song the Smebs played a lot when making the move from Seoul to Colorado after the SMJHL entry draft. The Smebs are big bol4 fans and Chico has even gone to over 10 of their concerts. Due to not knowing much English when they arrived in NA the Raptors allowed them to include one K-Pop song on the playlist.

[Image: jGIBCs7.png]

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

In the Knights' locker room, each player gets to add a song of their choice to the pre-game playlist. The music is then shuffled through and we all get to hear the variety of reactions players have to each song. Here is a list of a few songs that players from the Knights' locker room have chosen.

1. Shake it Off 
Shake it off is a song chosen by Bobby Sharp. Not what most would expect to be played before a game but it is what it is.

2. Bulls on Parade
Strong choice by Karlstrabe Scholz, it even happens to be his ring tone.

3. X Gon' Give it to Ya
Zach Laliberte brings an absolute classic to the pre-game playlist.

4. Mo Bamba
Benches (no idea what his player name is) coming through with the absolute bop/white person anthem. Real strong choice and great overall pump up music.

5. Jordan Belfort
Yours truly, Dick Clapper, forces his teammates to listen to some absolute trash music before games. The song itself is a complete meme, but god damn does it get the boys fired up.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Scarecrows Scarecrows Based on history of hockey, drawing inspiration from past video games and iconic hockey songs, the Crows have built a playlist which embodies the hockey player. 

1. Living the Dream begins the playlist, to remind every player that they really are living their dream. They are some of the lucky few who get paid to play hockey. This is the start to pumping the boys up, getting them in the right mindset for the game.

2. Take me Out is in the second position. an NHL 2005 game throwback, which most of the players grew up with. This starts to pick up the pace a little bit, getting the heart rate pumping a little more.

3. The hockey Song another classic, an homage to the late Stompin' Tom Connors, a song that inspired these kids when they were young, and a song that they all know and love, and have for many years.

4. Sweetness Voted as the best song on any NHL soundtrack by the fellas in the room, and a real favourite. More upbeat, as we get closer to the game to get some of the adrenaline pumping.

5. Thunderstruck One of the most iconic songs ever, not just in the hockey sense. Has a nice mix of heavy rock and anticipation within the song is assured to get the heart rates up and the boys fired up for the game.

This playlist has become a staple of the Crow's locker room. Voted on by all current players, all the boys love the playlist and it fires them up. Some players are even thanking the recent implementation of the playlist as the reason for the Crow's better showing in the last few games of the season.  Scarecrows Scarecrows

[Image: Sig.jpg]
Scarecrows Fork Spoon Scarecrows                 Scarecrows Update Page Scarecrows

The Veterans on the Raptors definitely have their say when it comes to control over the warmup tunes but that's their right as Veterans. Luckily, some of the Veterans who stay late on the ice with interested rookies let us play some of our tunes. 

1. What I Live For - Rob Bailey and The Hustle Standard
Great song for a Defenseman to rock out to and sets the tone that Hockey is what I live for and I won't take shit from anyone on the ice. This is Vandy's (Mine) favorite hype song.

2. Glory Days - The Federal Empire
Great beat and message and also a reminder that the Glory Days of the Raptors will be built with blood, sweat and the hard work of every player. Definitely picks up the after hours practice for those that attend.

3. Whisky in the Jar - Metallica
An old time classic and one of the better metallica songs. Not as well received as "For Whom the Bell Tolls" but the trainers seem to like it. Veterans are hit and miss.

4. Warrior's Call - Volbeat
Who can't get hyped up to this song. This song makes you wanna skate over to the opposing bench, take off your skate and try to stab someone with it. You'll be the second person to ever do it. 

5. Ace of Spades - Motorhead
A classic by any stretch and a song that the Veterans and the Rookies seem to jointly like. A little bit of hard rock with a classic rocker like Lemmy, a home run.

For the Lions, the pregame music ritual is as important as food and water. If the songs suck, they're gonna have a bad time. This is the general pregame list:

1. Still Feel - Half Alive

This was more or less chosen as a bit of a warm-up song of the playlist, chosen by Patrice Nadeau. It starts soft enough, but the intensity increases by the end to transition to the next song. Why this song though? It grooves. It really groves. And the guys do groove to it.

2. Anywhere the Wind Blows - The Boulevard

This song added by Dickens Makeout-King increases the tempo a little bit. It's more a reminder than anything: no matter what happens, the team has to take the game as it is that night and don't take the result that hard on themselves.

3. Social Climb - I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME 

This title for this song, chosen by Jøln DuBølk, represents the team's climb past a rough start as a team. While the song is slower than the previous selection, it has a good pulsating beat to get in the rhythm of things.

4. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

This seems like an obvious choice: everyone can sing this one, even the foreign members. Chosen by Eva Lykke Aparjode, all the guys and ladies can sing along nicely, creating a good atmosphere and a new locker room tradition.

5. Raise a Little Hell - Trooper

I think the title gives a good indication of why this song was chosen by Arsène Arsenich: it's the general goal for each game (with varying degrees of success of course). It's the last song before they hit the ice, so it has to get the boys going. The team walks out during the last chorus.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

I was in for a bit of a shock today. One of the team's new players, Kristers Dzelme shakes my tree and tells me to work on a... uh... music playlist? Honestly, I usually just listen to the sounds of nature. It's what I did back at home since we didn't exactly have many opportunities to use electronics. In any case, I took this as an opportunity to learn more about the culture of this country, so I spent all the morning searching for five songs to make a playlist. Hope it sounds good enough...

#1 - The Danish National Symphony Orchestra - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
I actually knew this one beforehand. My dad, Ebisumaru, took us to watch that movie once. It was one of the few times the entire family went into the city. Considering our team is called the Anaheim Outlaws, I think it fits the character to a T, right? We're clearly the Good. I'm guessing Halifax is the Ugly but... uh... don't mention it in front of them, they might get upset.

#2 - Breakestra - Champ
Since our goal is to be champions this season... and hopefully the other ones as well, so I can tell my folks that this whole thing was really good, I added this music. I kind of just looked for the word Champ and this is the first thing that appeared. It was apparently also in a game about California, so I'm sure it fits.

#3 - Bobot Adrenaline - Penalty Box
Also, when I found that one, I found this one as well. Figured it might have to do with hockey somewhat... couldn't exactly ask anyone about it, they were all off doing some other stuff. At least, it's topical!

#4 - Weezer - The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations On A Shaker Hymn)
I'll confess... I was kind of running out of ideas for all five tracks of the playlist. So I just searched for the one band I knew of, Weezer. Glad to see they're still around... although they sound... uh... less depressive than back in the day.

#5 - Utoku Keiko - You Can Do Anything
To finish things off, I wanted to have a track about being able to do anything. That little extra kick to beat all the other teams that get in our way. It's a bit childish, I think... but it might just work, right?

Hi... Uh... They kind of told me to stay on my tree today. I wonder what I did wrong there?

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

[Image: wBgvM71.png]

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]          [Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: WEd1wid.png]